HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

According to the Westchester Journal News

Closed Thread

Old
08-28-2004, 11:52 PM
NYRangers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Needs to be big, able to take face offs and fight in the corners
Do you realize what player you just described that is already on the roster?

Old
08-29-2004, 01:04 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ68NYR
I'd take rucinsky and bondra from that group and thats it. I know some might say Bondra is aging but it would only be a one yr deal and then he retire, go somewhere else, or re-sign.
Bondra just broke his wrist during a World Cup game, he's gonna miss the rest of the tourny...Not sure how that will affect him if the season actually starts on time...(yeah right)

Old
08-29-2004, 07:53 AM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbox81
Need a Line 1 LW.
Need a Line 2 LW/C (he and Lundmark will split)

That is all we need for next year.

Holik will be the third line center. Lundmark will play 2nd line center until he proves he can't win faceoffs. Ruca will probably be back (though Stillman is intriguing) to play Line 1 LW.

The only position I can't figure out is who will play with Lundmark and Balej. Needs to be big, able to take face offs and fight in the corners (can we sign '93 Lindros?). I really think that Lindros, sans fragility, would've been perfect. So, who is a healthy Lindros? Is it Murray or Wiseman (though I would like it to be an experienced person)?
as far as Lw/ Centers go there are only two I can think of...
McCammond and Demitra

Old
08-29-2004, 08:52 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Needs to be big, able to take face offs and fight in the corners

Do you realize what player you just described that is already on the roster?
heh, just what i was gonna say...

Quote:
Need a Line 2 LW/C (he and Lundmark will split)
i don't see what the point of this is. a guy who can play both just so you can rotate him and lundmark? why?

Old
08-29-2004, 10:03 AM
Fletch

I agree with you Levitate...

Lundmark, to me, is best-suited for wing, and he has had the most success on the off-wing, when there with Messier a couple seasons ago. He's got a nice shot coming down the left side. I personally wouldn't be looking at him as a centerman.

Old
08-29-2004, 10:29 AM
Levitate

furthermore, it seems to me that the constant switching of lundmark from center to wing to center, back to wing, has had a negative impact on his game. he needs to just learn one position and not be worried with his responsibilities changing all the time. which is why i find the idea of acquiring a player that can share center/LW duties with him confusing...why? why do you want to keep switching him back and forth? even if i don't agree with the idea of him as a center, i'd rather he STAY a center instead of switching back and forth between center and left wing

Old
08-29-2004, 11:03 AM
LondonFan

I don't see Palffy wanting to leave one struggling team for another. You have to seriously question what payers would really want to sign here right now?

Old
08-29-2004, 11:21 AM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
furthermore, it seems to me that the constant switching of lundmark from center to wing to center, back to wing, has had a negative impact on his game. he needs to just learn one position and not be worried with his responsibilities changing all the time. which is why i find the idea of acquiring a player that can share center/LW duties with him confusing...why? why do you want to keep switching him back and forth? even if i don't agree with the idea of him as a center, i'd rather he STAY a center instead of switching back and forth between center and left wing
if our coaching staff has any clue this season lundmark will be played with holik as his left wing and with balej as the the right wing. lundmark played his best hockey at the nhl level during preseason as holik's lwer and he was very good as messier's lw a year ago. lundmark does not have the size, strength, and defensive responsibility that goes along with playing center

playing lundmark with holik and balej, as i have said in numerous posts on this board, will allow lundmark to flourish as the playmaker of the line instead of being the goal scorer, balej and holik are both finishers (im not saying holik is 35 goal scorer, but he goes to the net and knows how to put the puck in it), lundmark can create plays for these two, while also benefiting from playing with holik whose size will open things up for him and at least help him down low with the board work, and lundmark's speed may finally be able to be utilized going down the wing and playing with balej another fast player

if lundmark is played at center to start the year his season will be a failure, especially if he is expected to be the 2nd line center and produce and it will be even worse if he is thrust into the 3rd line center role and expected to be a checking center

basically its lw or bust for lundmark because he will not succeed at center, and i hope he is put into a position that will allow him to develop into a top 6 foward which is lw

Old
08-29-2004, 12:08 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
if our coaching staff has any clue this season lundmark will be played with holik as his left wing and with balej as the the right wing. lundmark played his best hockey at the nhl level during preseason as holik's lwer and he was very good as messier's lw a year ago. lundmark does not have the size, strength, and defensive responsibility that goes along with playing center

playing lundmark with holik and balej, as i have said in numerous posts on this board, will allow lundmark to flourish as the playmaker of the line instead of being the goal scorer, balej and holik are both finishers (im not saying holik is 35 goal scorer, but he goes to the net and knows how to put the puck in it), lundmark can create plays for these two, while also benefiting from playing with holik whose size will open things up for him and at least help him down low with the board work, and lundmark's speed may finally be able to be utilized going down the wing and playing with balej another fast player

if lundmark is played at center to start the year his season will be a failure, especially if he is expected to be the 2nd line center and produce and it will be even worse if he is thrust into the 3rd line center role and expected to be a checking center

basically its lw or bust for lundmark because he will not succeed at center, and i hope he is put into a position that will allow him to develop into a top 6 foward which is lw
You don't need to be huge to play centre...Look at Mike Peca 5"11

Old
08-29-2004, 12:14 PM
NYRangers

Lundmark is also much more valuable at LW than at Center.

Old
08-29-2004, 05:57 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

I believe Martin Havlat was available at the draft. If only they took him.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 08-29-2004 at 08:54 PM.
Old
08-29-2004, 06:04 PM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers
Agreed. Exactly what I'd make the lines. For LW I'd go ahead and sign Rucinsky. However, not a big deal but since the 2nd line would have two question marks as far as production in Balej and Lundmark I'd move Rosie down to second line and bump Lundmark to 1st line LW - even if he doesnt deseve it.

As for defense I'd go with

Poti-Tyutin
Kasparitis-Pock
Rachuneck-Kondratiev

And I'd make Weekes the starter or go with the hot hand - Wild style.

I like the foward lines.

I would let Moore and Helminen battle it out for the 3rd line center job.

As for defense...no way Tyutin should be with Poti. And I am a Poti supporter. It doesnt help either defenseman.

Poti-McGillis
Tyutin-Kondratiev
Pock-Kasparaitis

Old
08-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
You don't need to be huge to play centre...Look at Mike Peca 5"11
yes but you need to be able to play defense and play a smart physical two way game, lundmark hasnt been able to do that at the center ice position and thats why he shouldnt play center

if you remember one of our best centers of the last 5 years was a small guy by the name of mike york, difference between lundmark and york was that york was a good two way player who made smart plays and was very responsible defensively, lundmark struggled with those aspects while playing center

Old
08-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Levitate

Quote:
I would let Moore and Helminen battle it out for the 3rd line center job
true, helminen might get a shot...i think he'll need some AHL time myself but whoever does best in camp...

Closed Thread