HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

CCM Tacks 252

Old
03-08-2009, 10:19 PM
LTNINGFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LTNINGFan Send a message via Yahoo to LTNINGFan
CCM Tacks 252

I am thinking of getting these as a starter boot of sorts until I can afford some really good ones. Since I am new (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=616218) to playing ice, should I go ahead and grab these or stay away?

LTNINGFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 10:55 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
I do a lot of skating out on ponds and backyard rinks and I use an old set of 252s that I like allot rather than my good $700.00 skates.

Decent skate as long as you are just looking to get your Ice hockey legs under you. You will need more of a skate soon as you improve. if you plan on playing in them try not to get hit by the puck

The pro-lite runner should hold up well and allow you to learn your edges.

The skate is nothing special but a good pond skate to start with.
since you have skated inline for so long you may benefit from a better skate sooner than later.

I hope that helps.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2009, 11:01 PM
LTNINGFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
I do a lot of skating out on ponds and backyard rinks and I use an old set of 252s that I like allot rather than my good $700.00 skates.

Decent skate as long as you are just looking to get your Ice hockey legs under you. You will need more of a skate soon as you improve. if you plan on playing in them try not to get hit by the puck

The pro-lite runner should hold up well and allow you to learn your edges.

The skate is nothing special but a good pond skate to start with.
since you have skated inline for so long you may benefit from a better skate sooner than later.

I hope that helps.
Thanks for the heads-up adam. That's kind of what I was thinking as it wasn't anything to hold onto for a long amount of time. Hopefully sooner than later I can grab a higher end skate.

Old
03-09-2009, 09:46 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTNINGFan View Post
Thanks for the heads-up adam. That's kind of what I was thinking as it wasn't anything to hold onto for a long amount of time. Hopefully sooner than later I can grab a higher end skate.
No prob!

you should hold onto the skates even after you get newer / better skates. You never know when hell will freeze over Um I mean Georgia. you know Global warming and all.

Really if you ever get a chance to go up north to skate on a pond you will want to have something to skate with. As well I never where good skates to a public skate other than open shinny.

I like my 252s a good solid cheep skate.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
LTNINGFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
No prob!

you should hold onto the skates even after you get newer / better skates. You never know when hell will freeze over Um I mean Georgia. you know Global warming and all.

Really if you ever get a chance to go up north to skate on a pond you will want to have something to skate with. As well I never where good skates to a public skate other than open shinny.

I like my 252s a good solid cheep skate.
Well, I blew it with the 252's. Those were on ebay, and I totally forgot about bidding before I left to hit the ice. More on that in the other thread

Speaking of pond, I would love to do that. Every year when Hockey Day in Canada comes on, they show some great ponds and makes me wanna freeze my southern rear off just to skate a few laps before frostbite takes over