HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Fantasy Trade Offers Thread 2

View Poll Results: Would You?
HELL YEAH! 2 4.55%
I would hink about it then say yes 1 2.27%
Would think about it then say no 5 11.36%
Where are they making this bs from? 36 81.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2009, 08:34 AM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Hey Florida Fans! What do you think of this proposal?

Draft day trade (based on JBO bolting)

To Florida:
Pavel Kubina

To Toronto:
Shawn Matthais
2nd in 09

Thoughts, suggestions.

Feedback is welcome, thanks in advance

Cheers

Old
03-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Laus723
Future Now

No way, Gilmour, why? This team needs more offense, not defense as much? Should we lose Bouw in the offseason, I'm sure JM will find a replacement, but we have Garrison and Exelby in the system as well.

I don't think Kubina's worth that, anyway.

Btw, there's a thread for fantasy proposals. (What's with you making the rounds today? lol)

03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
No way, Gilmour, why? This team needs more offense, not defense as much? Should we lose Bouw in the offseason, I'm sure JM will find a replacement, but we have Garrison and Exelby in the system as well.

I don't think Kubina's worth that, anyway.

Btw, there's a thread for fantasy proposals. (What's with you making the rounds today? lol)

LOL He's easily worth a B level prospect and a 2nd.

To each their own.

Old
03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
LOL He's easily worth a B level prospect and a 2nd.

To each their own.
lol, not in this system.

Old
03-10-2009, 09:46 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
lol, not in this system.
That could be the case...

Old
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:
Draft day trade (based on JBO bolting)

To Florida:
Pavel Kubina

To Toronto:
Shawn Matthais
2nd in 09

Thoughts, suggestions.

Feedback is welcome, thanks in advance

Cheers

Old
03-11-2009, 10:59 PM
GIN ANTONIC

Gilmour man, you should be busting out the Kabs + or Kubina +++++ for Bouwmeester (w extension). Love to see what you can dream up with some of those.

Old
03-12-2009, 07:25 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAINIAC View Post
Gilmour man, you should be busting out the Kabs + or Kubina +++++ for Bouwmeester (w extension). Love to see what you can dream up with some of those.
Not a fan of Bouwmester. Not to mention he is going to demand a pig pay day this summer.

Kaberle > Bouwmeester IMO

I still can't believe Martin didn't deal him. Losing an asset like that for nothing is just plain stupid. They could have dealt him for a huge return than turned around and traded for a Kubina type defensemen and still made their push for the playoffs. It's not as if Bouwmeester is a game breaker.

Old
03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Not a fan of Bouwmester. Not to mention he is going to demand a pig pay day this summer.

I still can't believe Martin didn't deal him. Losing an asset like that for nothing is just plain stupid. They could have dealt him for a huge return than turned around and traded for a Kubina type defensemen and still made their push for the playoffs. It's not as if Bouwmeester is a game breaker.

Bouwmeester >>> Kaberle

Only a Leafs homer would think otherwise.

Old
03-12-2009, 09:14 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattrick View Post

Bouwmeester >>> Kaberle

Only a Leafs homer would think otherwise.
The same could be said for a Florida homer.

But alas, this thread wasn't to do with JBO and his value. It's about Kubina and him possibly being a replacement for the inevitable departure of JBO.

Last edited by DougGilmour93: 03-12-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
The same could be said for a Florida homer.

But alas, this thread wasn't to do with JBO and his value. It's about Kubina and him possibly being a replacement for the inevitable departure of JBO.
There is no joking about it. Saying Bouw is not as good as Kaberle or that he isn't a game breaker (the guy plays 27+ minutes against other teams best players) is just plain stupid.

Old
03-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

Quote:

LMAO. Yeah, because Kubina can replace Bouw.

Old
04-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Hawksfan12*

Trade Proposal

Hawks Fan Here. I come in peace. I was looking at your depth chart and you seem to have alot of centers. You also seem to need young wingers. I was wondering how much would shawn Mattias cost or even one of your other young centers. I was also wondering would you be interested in B.Campbell. He's been playing fine but our cap problems in the next few years would probally mean he would have to be traded. We would even take a lesser contract back as long as it makes sense. I thought with Bouw on the way out you guys might want a puck moving dman. He would come cheap in terms of assets and i noticed there is also a decent amount of cap money coming free from you guys.

Old
04-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Markstrom Rules
Sup

I really don't think Matthias is available at all unless for overpayment. If the cap drops in two seasons, we're going to need his cheap offense at the center position. Same goes for our other centers too, really. We need to keep them AND add a top six center this summer.

We don't want Campbell, he's grossly overpaid. I almost feel for you guys on that contract, that's how bad it is. We don't need a huge move on defense, anyway. And we especially don't need both McCabe AND Campbell. Way too much money tied up in offensive d-men.

Old
05-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

I figure this belongs under fantasy since it's Eklund. I laughed out loud when I read this. Ek is proposing that Calgary would send Phaneuf to us for JBo's rights and "3 or 4 other assets"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21084

Old
05-07-2009, 12:51 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
I figure this belongs under fantasy since it's Eklund. I laughed out loud when I read this. Ek is proposing that Calgary would send Phaneuf to us for JBo's rights and "3 or 4 other assets"

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=21084
but let's play along.

Phaneuf for Bouw's rights, Horton, Olesz and Stewart. Keenan trades Phaneuf for all Keenan draftees. Would clear some Cap Room, about $7 mil, to go forward shopping in free agency.

Old
05-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Desert Panther
Resident Lurker

If that were the deal GP, I'd take it and pack their bags for them.

Old
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Georgia Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Panther View Post
If that were the deal GP, I'd take it and pack their bags for them.
One thing that does make a little (very little) sense about this is I could see a Phaneuf-Bouwmeester trade assuming it's a done deal Bouw would sign with Calgary, which Eklund now reports is an 80% likelyhood where Bouw will either land by trade or free agency. Calgary, in all likelyhood, would have to clear salary to sign Bouw and Phaneuf makes $6.5 mil which is in the ballpark to sign Bouw. To me that's a trade made by Calgary just for the sake of change but given their recent playoff failures that might be the mood their in.

Old
05-10-2009, 06:34 AM
Georgia Panther

Olesz for Gomez?

Brooks speculates today that the Rangers may try to move Gomez but his contract is so onerous that they won't want much back just so they can move his contract. He offers a possible Gomez-Penner swap as an example of two teams unloading undesirable contracts on one another.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05102009...450.htm?page=0

If the Rangers were willing to take Olesz even up, would you do that trade? They're signed for the same numbers of years though Olesz makes $4.2 mil less which might make it appealing to the Rangers. While Gomez's $7.3+mil contract is horrendous, if you look at Olesz at a $3.125 cap space hit as a waste and write it off as such, the $4.2 mill difference in the contracts from one viewpoint could be regarded as the additional cap that Gomez would take up and that could be looked at, from that point of view, as his cap number and that may be worth it. Look at it this way, if you could sign Gomez as a UFA for $4.2 mil, wouldn't he be worth it?

Old
05-10-2009, 09:16 AM
RainingRats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Panther View Post
Brooks speculates today that the Rangers may try to move Gomez but his contract is so onerous that they won't want much back just so they can move his contract. He offers a possible Gomez-Penner swap as an example of two teams unloading undesirable contracts on one another.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05102009...450.htm?page=0

If the Rangers were willing to take Olesz even up, would you do that trade? They're signed for the same numbers of years though Olesz makes $4.2 mil less which might make it appealing to the Rangers. While Gomez's $7.3+mil contract is horrendous, if you look at Olesz at a $3.125 cap space hit as a waste and write it off as such, the $4.2 mill difference in the contracts from one viewpoint could be regarded as the additional cap that Gomez would take up and that could be looked at, from that point of view, as his cap number and that may be worth it. Look at it this way, if you could sign Gomez as a UFA for $4.2 mil, wouldn't he be worth it?
I somewhat agree with your thinking but it isn't completely honest because we still take on that huge contract and it ultimately affects the salary cap. The contract is too long. I would do it if it was two years. Maybe if we throw in McLean and Olesz I would consider it but would probably still say no. Horton would benefit from a guy like Gomez. Also, not sure we should be helping out the Rangers and their salary cap problems. We should leave them handicapped by this contract.

Old
05-21-2009, 09:53 PM
Hawksfan12*

Horton Trade

I really would like to see horton on the hawks and heard you are not happy with him. What would it take to get him. Would Campbell(yes, yes i know but u guys may want a replacement for Jbouw)+1st this year from us. Thoughts. We would also give u the rights to Havlat as a bonus because he would be good to keep but if this were to happen no way we keep him anyway.

Flame away

Last edited by Hawksfan12*: 05-21-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old
05-21-2009, 10:05 PM
Bure1096

Send a message via AIM to Bure1096
Hawksfan you are a brave soul for offering up Campbell. I am from Chicago and have seen how Campbell plays. The answer is no. I would counter the offer with something like Barker and Bolland. How does that sound?

Old
05-21-2009, 10:16 PM
Whale4ever

Careful what you wish for, Hawksfan. We're going on half a decade-plus with Horts. Coach Q ain't gonna get "it" outta Horton. He's not responded to Mike Keenan, Jacques Martin, nor newbie Pete DeBoer...a coach famous for his work with and around younglings.

Enigma city.

Old
05-21-2009, 10:45 PM
Hawksfan12*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale4ever View Post
Careful what you wish for, Hawksfan. We're going on half a decade-plus with Horts. Coach Q ain't gonna get "it" outta Horton. He's not responded to Mike Keenan, Jacques Martin, nor newbie Pete DeBoer...a coach famous for his work with and around younglings.

Enigma city.
we dont need him by anymeans and i wouldnt actually go out of my way to get him but with u guys wanting to trade him and us needing to get rid of a big contract i figured this might work

Old
05-21-2009, 11:06 PM
handbanana
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Is getting a young scorer who is by no means an upgrade to what they already have really Chicago's priority?

Closed Thread