HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #67 - 03.09.09 | NY Rangers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 7:00 PM - VS. (HD)

Old
03-09-2009, 11:56 PM
AXN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha15 View Post
Lundqvist is sick with the flu, but it wouldn't have mad a difference, they just had no offense at all....definitely looked tired
That is really bad luck. Back to back games and your starting goalie gets the flu.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:02 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
yea third time this season he had the Flu. Maybe we need to chip in and get him a shot next season

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:31 AM
Ice Hockey

lack of crashing the net and winning battles in the offensive zone imo

Ice Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:44 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

We looked tired...what a shock...we only just played the top team in the NHL yesterday then jumped on a plane to play another current top offensive team.

Really? Did any of you expect an unbelievable game by the Rangers today? They aren't gods.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:57 AM
Pizza

Fire Tortarella

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:05 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
yea third time this season he had the Flu. Maybe we need to chip in and get him a shot next season
Any time a professional athlete is feeling under the weather they call it the "flu." For all we know he could have just had a head cold, or a bad stomach, or a cough.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
There was plenty of effort. Just lack of ability or talent or whatever to beat a solid goalie. They will do the same being not tiered later. Just wait.
weird... almost everybody else says they looked tired... which kinda sorta means there aint much effort, if they look tired, eh?

regardless... they stopped hitting the crease hard, and then they didnt score... soooo...

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:36 AM
AJRanger

I bailed after the first period last night, but i'm guessing the concensus is they didn't get any better as the game went on...

AJRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:49 AM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Rangers were not as good as against BOS, but denfinetively not as bad as getting a 3-0 loss. I usually don't complain about NHL refs, but what the heck was that?! Did you see them video-reviewing the first goal? I didn't. Very strange. First, they point to the net, and after some CAR's start complaining, they waive it off. It was a handpass, but how could they see that without the tape? And the penalties...no comment. Funniest one was that call on Avery where he lost his grip and slipped into that Carolina guy.
Whatever, if they keep on playing high-pressure, they will make the play offs, and maybe even get away with some point against the Flygirls.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
McRanger

That might have been the worst ice I've ever seen.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:54 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

The just need to keep being proactive and keep that battle level up.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trilobyte View Post
Antropov is the goal scoring leader, Zherdev most points. Naslund is looking like he needs a nap. I don't dislike him, but he is completely ineffective over the last 5 games.

Very noticeable.
Antropov's 21 goals with Toronto helped this team how exactly? The entire team looked like garbage tonight. What did you pull Naslund's name out of a hat to bash him specifically?

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
That might have been the worst ice I've ever seen.
come on come on, isn't the worst ice in newark

Very entertaining game to watch, as a hockey fan. I know some will be sore here tonight, but that was an extremely exciting game.

Mr Bojanglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBear86 View Post
Rangers were not as good as against BOS, but denfinetively not as bad as getting a 3-0 loss. I usually don't complain about NHL refs, but what the heck was that?! Did you see them video-reviewing the first goal? I didn't. Very strange. First, they point to the net, and after some CAR's start complaining, they waive it off. It was a handpass, but how could they see that without the tape? And the penalties...no comment. Funniest one was that call on Avery where he lost his grip and slipped into that Carolina guy.
Whatever, if they keep on playing high-pressure, they will make the play offs, and maybe even get away with some point against the Flygirls.
That's just hockey justice. As a hockey fan, you should understand. I see what you're saying. But I'm pretty sure the ref saw it happen at the time it occurred, but couldn't do anything because the goal was scored so quickly afterwards. literally at most 2 seconds in between.

Old
03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyH2O View Post
That's just hockey justice. As a hockey fan, you should understand. I see what you're saying. But I'm pretty sure the ref saw it happen at the time it occurred, but couldn't do anything because the goal was scored so quickly afterwards. literally at most 2 seconds in between.
If the ref saw the hand pass from the beginning, he would have waived it off as soon as the goal was scored, not 15 seconds later.

Old
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
McRanger

Quote:
come on come on, isn't the worst ice in newark
Is that a dig at the Rangers or is the ice really bad?

Old
03-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
If the ref saw the hand pass from the beginning, he would have waived it off as soon as the goal was scored, not 15 seconds later.
So you think it should have been a goal?

Quote:
Is that a dig at the Rangers or is the ice really bad?
It was pretty bad last year. They got it working well this year. BUT, the circus just came to town (no pun intended) and they had to melt it / put a new sheet down. Probably gonna be a crappy game tonight

Old
03-10-2009, 11:52 AM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
You didn't see the forechecking game last night, was it fatigue really? Carolina had too easy of a time bringing the puck up the ice and exposing the Redden-Rozsival duo which was terrible last night. I like how he benched them on a power play chance in the third for Staal and Girardi

Glen Teflon Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 11:54 AM
McRanger

Quote:
It was pretty bad last year. They got it working well this year. BUT, the circus just came to town (no pun intended) and they had to melt it / put a new sheet down. Probably gonna be a crappy game tonight
I did not know that, I always assumed newer arenas had better ways of keeping the ice legit, even with a heavy event schedule.

As a Ranger fan I rarely comment on ice condition (the Gardens has been brutal at times) but last nights was horrific. The fact that I even noticed it was telling.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Quote:

nope, 'cause it actually was a handpass

BUT: at first, he points at the goal, and it counted (on VS. it was 1:0 Rangers at that time), THEN 3-4 CAR players sorround the ref complaining, and THEN he waives it off. If he had seen a handpass, he must've waived it off IMMIDIATELY, but he didn't. Which brings me to the conclusion that he didn't see crap. So why doesn't he review the play, instead of just waiving the goal off, without having a frikkin' clue what was going on?!

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:15 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I did not know that, I always assumed newer arenas had better ways of keeping the ice legit, even with a heavy event schedule.

As a Ranger fan I rarely comment on ice condition (the Gardens has been brutal at times) but last nights was horrific. The fact that I even noticed it was telling.
Nobody should ever comment on ice condition. It is completely meaningless. They both play on the same ice. If the conditions are crappy, they are crappy for both teams. Complaining about ice conditions is just an excuse. By the way this was not really intended towards you, you just happened to be the last ice condition quote.

Bottom line is is that we were outworked, and outhustled and deserved to lose.

The only player who really showed up tonight was Valley who I think did an outstanding job.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:25 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
Nobody should ever comment on ice condition. It is completely meaningless. They both play on the same ice. If the conditions are crappy, they are crappy for both teams. Complaining about ice conditions is just an excuse. By the way this was not really intended towards you, you just happened to be the last ice condition quote.

Bottom line is is that we were outworked, and outhustled and deserved to lose.

The only player who really showed up tonight was Valley who I think did an outstanding job.
When the ice is so bad that it dulls the level of play, and therefore the level of entertainment, it warrants mentioning. Not in a "we lost because the ice sucked" way, but in a "that game was painful to watch at times because the ice sucked" way.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:28 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Yes & No. Technically, no it shouldn't have been a goal as a hand pass is illegal. However, if the refs did not detect a hand pass and didn't waive it off until that far afterwards (which means that they probably didn't see it) and I've heard that you can't review that since the goal did go in off a stick, then yes it should have counted.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:30 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Guys, stop making excuses about the scheduling, or the goaltending or the refs.

The Rangers have no excuse to be tired. They had 5 days off before this 3 in 4 nights stretch. They also played a very early afternoon game the day before, so they had over 24 hours to prepare for this game.

Also Carolina was playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. The Rangers were flat out beat by a better team tonight.

I have no problems with the loss. Either they lose to Boston or lose to Carolina. This team was steamrolling everybody and we kept them in check for most of the game.

We play this team once more in their own building. We can make up the points then.

GWOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:35 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Daylight savings, baby. Early game right after Daylight savings, then a game 36 hours later = brutal.