HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The Legend of Daniel Carcillo

Closed Thread

Old
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
I wonder how many people are going to post in this thread that were whining about the trade. We will see.
lol I was thinking that when I first saw it how this is going to be like the Steve Downie thread and you know a lot of them will be in here eventually.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Pope Pogo II

Send a message via AIM to Pope Pogo II Send a message via Yahoo to Pope Pogo II
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
Carcillo and Roenick go at it. Carcillo basically fights all of San Jose:

That was one of the best games I watched all last season. I was pissed because Roenick actually injured Carcillo here and he was out when I went to see the Coyotes about a month later.

Best thread ever!

Old
03-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Titan124

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
Watching that highlight vid + his comments on tootoo made me want to buy his jersey lol.
I'm an Islander fan and this makes ME want to buy his jersey :/

Old
03-10-2009, 01:06 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

I whined about the trade...I'll be the first to say it.
I think Upshall was a better fit.
But Carcillo is a Flyer, and has th potential to grow on me. (Still miss Scotty though)
I think this fits Carcillo, more so the song, but the vid works.

Last edited by orange and black48: 03-10-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 01:14 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I wonder how many people are going to post in this thread that were whining about the trade. We will see.
I wonder how many people are going to post in this thread that will criticize Upshall... oh wait that happened already... Dont worry, those of us who dont like the trade wont bother those who do. We will leave you guys to your new Steve Downie

Old
03-10-2009, 01:18 PM
IrishSniper87

This Legend of Carcillo thread makes me miss Upshall, even if this thread was partly my idea.

Old
03-10-2009, 01:26 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
This Legend of Carcillo thread makes me miss Upshall, even if this thread was partly my idea.
It was entirely your idea, and Chuck Downie seconded it. So i made it.

Old
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
RoDu
Shagga likes axes

Will Carcillo become the player we wanted Downie to become?

Old
03-10-2009, 01:35 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagerPuck View Post
**** Upshall.
I'm sure some posters here would.

Old
03-10-2009, 01:39 PM
MetalMilitia

I was pretty upset when you guys acquired Carcillo, but when I saw Upshall and a 2nd I knew the Wings couldn't/wouldn't match, even if they were in the running. He's what the Red Wings are missing. The only plus, he's in the East now. The minus, St.Patrick's day is going to be interesting.

Old
03-10-2009, 01:47 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhish5858 View Post
It was entirely your idea, and Chuck Downie seconded it. So i made it.
True story.

Oh well. Here's to Carcillo becoming what Downie should of been.

Old
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMilitia View Post
I was pretty upset when you guys acquired Carcillo, but when I saw Upshall and a 2nd I knew the Wings couldn't/wouldn't match, even if they were in the running. He's what the Red Wings are missing. The only plus, he's in the East now. The minus, St.Patrick's day is going to be interesting.
I dont understand what everyones facination with Upshall was. He is a 3rd line energy player. It was proved when he was put on the line with Hartnell and Carter and was invisible. We found a player that is signed next year for 500,000 less hit on the cap that does the same exact thing with in my opinion a better skill set. Let the legend of Carcillo continue on and enjoy him protecting Giroux/Briere and the rest of the flyers.

EDIT: misunderstood what you said but now I understand, granted I dont feel like changing my post.

Last edited by JSTAFF: 03-10-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: misunderstood
Old
03-10-2009, 01:57 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
I think Upshall was a better fit.
Upshall and Carcillo are both good fits for the Flyers. But if Carcillo is capable of putting up fifteen to twenty goals and thirty-five to forty points, like he was on pace to do last season, then he brings considerably more to the table than Upshall. It looks like the Flyers are going to move towards a more traditional third line for the time being.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:21 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
I dont understand what everyones facination with Upshall was. He is a 3rd line energy player. It was proved when he was put on the line with Hartnell and Carter and was invisible. We found a player that is signed next year for 500,000 less hit on the cap that does the same exact thing with in my opinion a better skill set. Let the legend of Carcillo continue on and enjoy him protecting Giroux/Briere and the rest of the flyers.

EDIT: misunderstood what you said but now I understand, granted I dont feel like changing my post.
Sigh... I really didnt want this to turn into another Carcillo vs Upshall thread so Ill make my post quick. You are basing what you hope for him to be off of seeing him play 2 games and his 24 point season. Upshall played with Carter and Hartnell for half a game... hardly enough time to show what he can do. Also Carcillo will never be put with Carter. Upshall showed the first season he came over that given some 1st line duty he can perform (13 points in 18 games). While you see Scottie as a 3rd line guy, I see Carcillo as a 3rd/4th. Im glad Carcillo can protect our stars, but what the hell is Cote and Asham doing? Arent they supposed to be protecting our stars? Other then 2 "no look" passes last game, I dont know where you can say he has a better skill set. Maybe in the future he might, but right now I dont see it. I hope he does well, but just like you dont understand the Upshall love, alot of us dont understand the Carcillo love. Heres to your new Steven Downie (I was never a Downie lover either but oh well, not my choice)

Old
03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Sigh... I really didnt want this to turn into another Carcillo vs Upshall thread so Ill make my post quick. You are basing what you hope for him to be off of seeing him play 2 games and his 24 point season. Upshall played with Carter and Hartnell for half a game... hardly enough time to show what he can do. Also Carcillo will never be put with Carter.
Actually Carcillo was out there with Carter and Lupul when he was whacking at the rebound then Lupul Scores. That line looked pretty good for the 40 seconds they were out there. That was in the game against the Preds. Carcillo is a decent player. I think your Upshall love just wont let you believe that.
Quote:
Upshall showed the first season he came over that given some 1st line duty he can perform (13 points in 18 games). While you see Scottie as a 3rd line guy, I see Carcillo as a 3rd/4th.
Yeah on a pretty scrub team. He can barley be a 2nd line player on this team.. We have too many guys that are more talented in front of him. He has potential to be but he hasn't reached it. But will he ever reach it???

Quote:
Im glad Carcillo can protect our stars, but what the hell is Cote and Asham doing? Arent they supposed to be protecting our stars?
Yes. But Asham and Carcillo can actually play hockey. I guess you didn't see how good the Carcillo-Giroux-Asham line has looked. Their only jobs isn't just to protect the stars. They have other responsibilities too. Cote is just an enforcer. So that is his only duty.

Quote:
Other then 2 "no look" passes last game, I dont know where you can say he has a better skill set. Maybe in the future he might, but right now I dont see it. I hope he does well, but just like you dont understand the Upshall love, alot of us dont understand the Carcillo love. Heres to your new Steven Downie (I was never a Downie lover either but oh well, not my choice)
The only thing Upshall had on Carcillo was speed. That is it. Carcillo is more of a physical presence that will get in front of the net and win board battles. You didn't see Scottie do all that. Also i think Carcillo is a better passer than Upshall. I still haven't seen Carcillo's shot so i will say Upshall has a better shot. I hope Scottie can reach his potential on a team that lets him play 20:00 mins game. I think this was best for him because playing on the third line here was not letting him be the player he was projected to be. Upshall is not a 3rd line grinder. While he played the role decently here he can be more than that. He can be featured on the second line if he reaches that potential.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:39 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
i figures this threas was going to pop up sooner or later.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:44 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
By the way, Greg Dobbs is the Steve Downie of the Phillies.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:45 PM
chaosof99*

Carcillo already made an impact in the Best of the Week video by NHL.com (also features both our goaltenders)

Old
03-10-2009, 02:50 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Actually Carcillo was out there with Carter and Lupul when he was whacking at the rebound then Lupul Scores. That line looked pretty good for the 40 seconds they were out there. That was in the game against the Preds. Carcillo is a decent player. I think your Upshall love just wont let you believe that.

Yeah on a pretty scrub team. He can barley be a 2nd line player on this team.. We have too many guys that are more talented in front of him. He has potential to be but he hasn't reached it. But will he ever reach it???

Yes. But Asham and Carcillo can actually play hockey. I guess you didn't see how good the Carcillo-Giroux-Asham line has looked. Their only jobs isn't just to protect the stars. They have other responsibilities too. Cote is just an enforcer. So that is his only duty.

The only thing Upshall had on Carcillo was speed. That is it. Carcillo is more of a physical presence that will get in front of the net and win board battles. You didn't see Scottie do all that. Also i think Carcillo is a better passer than Upshall. I still haven't seen Carcillo's shot so i will say Upshall has a better shot. I hope Scottie can reach his potential on a team that lets him play 20:00 mins game. I think this was best for him because playing on the third line here was not letting him be the player he was projected to be. Upshall is not a 3rd line grinder. While he played the role decently here he can be more than that. He can be featured on the second line if he reaches that potential.
Oh shyt you always rip my posts apart. I actually didnt want to get in a debate... again. I did see the "greatness" of their line, since I was at the game. Personally, Id rather have Briere on that line, but since he's hurt we dont have any other choice. I think Briere and Giroux will get more out of Giroux's skillset then Carcillo or Asham will. And Im not blinded by the Scottie love. If you say that, you might want to talk to the other people at the Center because when they showed the Carcillo interview, alot of people were booing/saying they wanted Upshall back.

Always seem to come after me damn.. Im just expressing what I think. I said before I dint want this to turn into a debate between the two. Ill be honest, I seem to favor the smaller, speedier guys then the big, hard hitting ones. Back when we had the Giroux vs Downie debates, it was the same thing with most of the people here. Some people prefer the dirty, along the boards guys and then others prefer the dangle and speed guys. Another one is the JVR vs Kane debates. People have their favorites... Im not a big/hard hitting type of guy. I see more fun out of a guy that can deke and blast past them, then someone you can slam someone against the boards

Old
03-10-2009, 02:58 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Oh shyt you always rip my posts apart. I actually didnt want to get in a debate... again. I did see the "greatness" of their line, since I was at the game. Personally, Id rather have Briere on that line, but since he's hurt we dont have any other choice. I think Briere and Giroux will get more out of Giroux's skillset then Carcillo or Asham will. And Im not blinded by the Scottie love. If you say that, you might want to talk to the other people at the Center because when they showed the Carcillo interview, alot of people were booing/saying they wanted Upshall back.

Always seem to come after me damn.. Im just expressing what I think. I said before I dint want this to turn into a debate between the two. Ill be honest, I seem to favor the smaller, speedier guys then the big, hard hitting ones. Back when we had the Giroux vs Downie debates, it was the same thing with most of the people here. Some people prefer the dirty, along the boards guys and then others prefer the dangle and speed guys.
Giroux and Briere didn't look good together from what i have seen so far. That line is too small and will get banged around come playoff time. I am not trying to pick on you like you say but its just that some of your comments are inaccurate. If i agree with you then i give you your props if i don't i will tell you why i disagree. Its not that i prefer the bang em guys over the finesse guys but we just have too many guys on the team that do that. We don't have enough bang em guys that will get in front of the net and do the dirty work. We now have one on each line. So i am satisfied.

Last edited by Alchemy: 03-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

vCash: 71
Hopefully this happens tonight

Last edited by Chuck Downie: 03-10-2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM
JagerPuck

Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by blah View Post
I'm sure some posters here would.
Ha.. that what I meant.. lolzz.

Old
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Funny picture...

Old
03-10-2009, 04:31 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
Giroux and Briere didn't look good together from what i have seen so far. That line is too small and will get banged around come playoff time. I am not trying to pick on you like you say but its just that some of your comments are inaccurate. If i agree with you then i give you your props if i don't i will tell you why i disagree. Its not that i prefer the bang em guys over the dangle guys but we just have too many guys on the team that do that. We don't have enough bang em guys that will get in front of the net and do the dirty work. We now have one on each line. So i am satisfied.
To many danglers? are you serious. There isn't many players on the team that actually take the puck over the blue line. Giroux and birere seem to be pretty damn good at it. Gagne/knuble/lupul/carter/hartnell none of these guys take the puck over the line. They put it in the corners and work as a unit to recover the puck in the zone.

This is why i miss upshall. Sure he used to run around like a headless chicken and take silly slap shots, but he got the puck over the line and we still had possesion.

Old
03-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Alchemy
Philadelphia Flyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
To many danglers? are you serious. There isn't many players on the team that actually take the puck over the blue line. Giroux and birere seem to be pretty damn good at it. Gagne/knuble/lupul/carter/hartnell none of these guys take the puck over the line. They put it in the corners and work as a unit to recover the puck in the zone.

This is why i miss upshall. Sure he used to run around like a headless chicken and take silly slap shots, but he got the puck over the line and we still had possesion.
I don't necessarily mean danglers. Finesse would be a better word. Excuse me for not making it clear enough. Knuble and Hartnell are not finesse players. Never did i say they were. Carcillo, Knuble, Hartnell and Asham do all the dirty work.

Closed Thread