HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Lines for tonight

Old
03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

vCash: 500
Pacioretty was running around in his own zone looking out of place in Dallas. I'm actually not that surprised.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
Bretvincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
if carbo had done this he would have been bashed to death here but now this is ok because its gainey
Yup, hypocrisy in full effect.

Bretvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:48 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
I think Patches scratched sends a message. He isn't afraid to scratch good players.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 12:53 PM
Adam91

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Pacioretty was running around in his own zone looking out of place in Dallas. I'm actually not that surprised.
I thought the same thing, and was actually expecting D'Ago to replace him in the late 2nd or 3rd in Dallas.

Adam91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
HabsPack

Like the lines, both O & D combo's ... should be fun tonight!

HabsPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:10 PM
zx81

Maxpac hasn't scored in his last 20 games.

So the scratch is not a surprise to me.

He's a bit overrated here.
He will be a good NHL player (possibly a power forward) but right now he's not that impressive.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisJCloutier View Post
Great lines especially on the D. Schneider will have less ice time, less responsibility at 5 vs 5, he will be able to concentrate is energy on the powerplay. And it gives Gorges a solid veteran to play with.

Markov and Komi back together is an excellent idea too. Those two always played solid hockey together.
This got me thinking....

Schneider - Gorges is our 2nd Pairing

Let me explain.

- Schneider can handle 2nd pairing minutes (its the 1st minutes that were insane)

- Schneider is a good puck moving d-man, and Gorges has proven he could be a #4 with a good partner.

- This is probably the best argument. Leaves Hamrlik with O'Byrne as our real 3rd line, playing vs the easiest competition. why... because O'Byrne is still the weakest link. And the weakest link, must go as far away from the other team's best forwards as possible

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:29 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post

He will be a good NHL player (possibly a power forward) but right now he's not that impressive.
Sounds like Latendresse's first 2 and a half years

Patches is a good player no doubting, but he's young and is just going through the stages all young players go through.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:34 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Sounds like Latendresse's first 2 and a half years

Patches is a good player no doubting, but he's young and is just going through the stages all young players go through.
I agree. I don't see any benefit to rushing him up this season, I'd rather he learn in the AHL first.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 01:36 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smon View Post
I agree. I don't see any benefit to rushing him up this season, I'd rather he learn in the AHL first.
Agreed, if he has to be on team because of holes, then he should play, but if there isn't then I wouldn't have any problem him learning the game in the Ahl, he's very young and is still growing, were asking him to play a game that his body isn't ready for yet, there will be an adjustment period and I don't mind waiting.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:42 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Agreed, if he has to be on team because of holes, then he should play, but if there isn't then I wouldn't have any problem him learning the game in the Ahl, he's very young and is still growing, were asking him to play a game that his body isn't ready for yet, there will be an adjustment period and I don't mind waiting.
I'm hoping Julien Brisebois and Gainey know this, but if Max Pacioretty is on the NHL roster for 40 games this year, it will advance his ultimate free agency date by one year.

Unless he is essential to this year's success, it's a risk not worth taking, could end up costing millions of $$.

BaseballCoach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:49 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano View Post
When Max plays, he should play in a top 6 role - I like this move.
totaly agreed, if anyone thinks gainey is "punishing" pacioretty in any way, get real..the kid Is a lil tired, not used to playing this many games in a row, this is completely normal, AND i agree, so smart of gainey not to put him on the 4th line, if he plays, its top 6,

i also am thrilled with the D pairings, and its pretty clear... bob knows how bad brisebois can be, and its pretty clear, brisebois kept playing only because of carbonneau

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The trust effect already in order. If Carbo would have scratched Pacioretty, he would have been ridiculized once again. But then I guess Dandenault is really so valuable to the team.
pretty much sums it

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:55 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markov79fan View Post
if carbo had done this he would have been bashed to death here but now this is ok because its gainey
no sorry, your just another stupid carbo supporter that doesnt get hockey, its pretty clear the kid needs a game to rest, and gainey is trying to see what dago can do with 2 players like plek and kovy, and why would we bash carbo for putting komi back with markov? long overdue imo, and thats why carbo is gone and gainey is makin the smarter decisions

Old
03-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Slick Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Pacioretty's D game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> D'agostini's D game.

Slick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
This got me thinking....

Schneider - Gorges is our 2nd Pairing

Let me explain.

- Schneider can handle 2nd pairing minutes (its the 1st minutes that were insane)

- Schneider is a good puck moving d-man, and Gorges has proven he could be a #4 with a good partner.

- This is probably the best argument. Leaves Hamrlik with O'Byrne as our real 3rd line, playing vs the easiest competition. why... because O'Byrne is still the weakest link. And the weakest link, must go as far away from the other team's best forwards as possible
agreed, for some stupid reason carbo kept giving schneider top D minutes... god, hes gonna do just fine with gorges, and obyrne still playing means gainey knows the kids playing JUUUST fine now, and hopefully komi back with marko sparks his ass, but carbo kept thinking because you HAVE to use schneider in the top D pairing for the powerplay, he automaticaly ALWAYs has to play with markov? getting 25 mins a game? these are the little things that gets a coach fired, deal with it

Old
03-10-2009, 04:43 PM
mario66lemieux*

Bobs first bad move already.

Kovalev on the left wing.

Kovalev has NEVER worked on the left wing, and never will.

WHY??

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Rgolt

id prefer patches be in hamilton conditioning and playing every game rather than him being here and scratched

lets please just not rush him

Rgolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:58 PM
HabsoluteFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AH View Post
Higgins should be scratched instead.
why?

if your going to say his play lately then by your logic 95% of the lineup should be scratched tonight

HabsoluteFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:14 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post

I agree with this. I don't see the stellar play out of Pacioretty that many seem to see. He's shown some flashes, but he's still young and the rawness is generally evident. I'm not entirely surprised with the scratching, and expected Carbonneau to scratch him (over D'Agostini, anyway).

redmachine54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:18 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
The trust effect already in order. If Carbo would have scratched Pacioretty, he would have been ridiculized once again. But then I guess Dandenault is really so valuable to the team.
Habs should only sign 19 players a year. And if someone on some line is injured, then the other two play harder because no one takes their place. Defenseman plays goaly if the one we have is a scratch.

This way people will stop freaking out.

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:24 PM
BBrowser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66lemieux View Post
Bobs first bad move already.

Kovalev on the left wing.

Kovalev has NEVER worked on the left wing, and never will.

WHY??
Because otherwise you have D'Agostini Kovalev and Andrei K all playing off wing. That makes it really hard for the puck to leave the D zone (if you've ever played wing you'll understand).

BBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:38 PM
mario66lemieux*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBrowser View Post
Because otherwise you have D'Agostini Kovalev and Andrei K all playing off wing. That makes it really hard for the puck to leave the D zone (if you've ever played wing you'll understand).
Well I have not played wing I was a dmen, but if Kovalev has worked on the right wing his whole career, why mess with it now? He was finally starting to play well. Besides, Oilers are not a good forechecking team, it shouldnt make as much a difference whether Kovalev will be able to clear it with his backhand or forehand.

mario66lemieux* is offline   Reply With Quote