HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part IV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
  #101
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd
 
Matthew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 7,299
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Matthew
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Source?? I've never heard such a thing. You're just assuming he was because he was traded.
Source: Him proclaiming he's a soldier back in college, constant barking to the media about this and that, getting suspended last season, ec.

Matthew is offline  
Old
02-27-2009, 02:07 PM
  #102
winJACKETSwin
 
winJACKETSwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW OhiO
Country: Dominican Republic
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
Indians Goodyear stadium has like 10,000 seats... i count 4 people. Why do they have so many seats?? concerts?

winJACKETSwin is offline  
Old
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
  #103
PubOFH
Registered User
 
PubOFH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Johnstown, OH
Country: United States
Posts: 9,348
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Source?? I've never heard such a thing. You're just assuming he was because he was traded.
My little bro played in a poker tourney with a member of the Clowns. He is a cancer. Trust me.

PubOFH is offline  
Old
02-27-2009, 02:20 PM
  #104
winJACKETSwin
 
winJACKETSwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: NW OhiO
Country: Dominican Republic
Posts: 488
vCash: 500
VICTOR MARTINEZ just absolutely crushed one. geez he had like 1 last year?

winJACKETSwin is offline  
Old
02-27-2009, 02:40 PM
  #105
ClevelandJacketFan
Awesome Mascots!
 
ClevelandJacketFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: ...Really?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
........for Tampa Bay.

Who's going to catch the ball here?? Jurevicious? Stallworth? Braylon?
That depends.

two of those guys could very well be gone next year. And really, be honest, where were we going with Winslow?

Time to rebuild again because Savage and Romeo ran us into the ground again.

ClevelandJacketFan is online now  
Old
03-03-2009, 07:36 AM
  #106
LaCosta Nostra
Registered User
 
LaCosta Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
Oh great, Maurice Clarett is blogging from prison via family members...

http://mauriceclarett.wordpress.com/

LaCosta Nostra is offline  
Old
03-03-2009, 04:38 PM
  #107
CBJ 97 61 16
Registered User
 
CBJ 97 61 16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
I just wanted to say this somewhere.

TJ Houshmandzadeh is going to find out real quick what it's like to not have a superstar receiver on the other side of the field. He may have done a great job being the #2 and playing the slot, but when he's the go to guy, I gotta believe he's going to find it tough sledding. I've been saying for a couple years that TJ is the best #2 receiver in the league. I wish you the best Housh, but you won't see me taking you as a top WR in my fantasy league.

CBJ 97 61 16 is offline  
Old
03-06-2009, 02:43 AM
  #108
BritSabre
Patrick's Eye Shadow
 
BritSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading, UK
Country: England
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
2009 NFL Mock Draft - Browns GM Needed

Hi all,

We're doing a mock draft over on the football forum, but we're still looking for a Browns fan to make their picks. If you're interested please follow this link read the rules and sign up in the thread.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614617

BritSabre is offline  
Old
03-06-2009, 04:29 AM
  #109
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlakeSloanProject View Post
I just wanted to say this somewhere.

TJ Houshmandzadeh is going to find out real quick what it's like to not have a superstar receiver on the other side of the field. He may have done a great job being the #2 and playing the slot, but when he's the go to guy, I gotta believe he's going to find it tough sledding. I've been saying for a couple years that TJ is the best #2 receiver in the league. I wish you the best Housh, but you won't see me taking you as a top WR in my fantasy league.
Agreed, he really should have went to the Vikings. At least he would have had more space to work with up there.

CBJmeser61 is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 03:36 AM
  #110
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 29,026
vCash: 500
I still can't believe T.O. went to Buffalo.

Moo is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 04:37 AM
  #111
BritSabre
Patrick's Eye Shadow
 
BritSabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Reading, UK
Country: England
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSabre View Post
Hi all,

We're doing a mock draft over on the football forum, but we're still looking for a Browns fan to make their picks. If you're interested please follow this link read the rules and sign up in the thread.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=614617
Position now filledl.

BritSabre is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 11:02 AM
  #112
3 goals = chili
Registered User
 
3 goals = chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
I still can't believe T.O. went to Buffalo.
you and me both

how is this guy going to get along with Trent Edwards throwing him the ball (for the record i like Edwards...he is my keeper on a fantasy team) but if TO chewed up and spit out Garcia, McNabb and Romo hes going to kill Edwards....and if Edwards gets hurt hes going to have Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing....err attempting to throw the ball to him.

just makes you wonder how many teams were honestly after TO.


plus all this and hes going to have to live in Buffalo i kid i kid

3 goals = chili is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 12:02 PM
  #113
Feicht
Registered User
 
Feicht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Twin Cities
Country: Austria
Posts: 7,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Feicht
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 goals = chili View Post
you and me both

how is this guy going to get along with Trent Edwards throwing him the ball (for the record i like Edwards...he is my keeper on a fantasy team) but if TO chewed up and spit out Garcia, McNabb and Romo hes going to kill Edwards....and if Edwards gets hurt hes going to have Ryan Fitzpatrick throwing....err attempting to throw the ball to him.

just makes you wonder how many teams were honestly after TO.


plus all this and hes going to have to live in Buffalo i kid i kid
Well actually, you might be onto something with your last statement. Seems to me a guy like T.O. would have a hard time just "existing" in a town like Buffalo. I woulda thought he'd end up in Miami or something. Maybe he heard "Buffalo, NY" and thought it was near to NYC

Feicht is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 12:31 PM
  #114
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,297
vCash: 500
T.O.'s shown that he can behave himself for one season at a time ... it's beyond that where his personality seems to struggle.

He's a smart guy. Obviously if he is in Buffalo, he didn't have many, if any, other options. He's got to reprove himself if he wants to earn money playing football beyond this year.

I think it'll work. And I think he'll be playing elsewhere after a year.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
03-08-2009, 12:41 PM
  #115
LaCosta Nostra
Registered User
 
LaCosta Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
I still can't believe T.O. went to Buffalo.
I'm guessing their locker room is too boring.

LaCosta Nostra is offline  
Old
03-10-2009, 06:25 AM
  #116
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,297
vCash: 500
Funny that on a morning where Mike & Mike are talking about whether or not hockey should get rid of fighting (you know, cause that could be a reason why hockey isn't more popular) the Sportscenter updates on the commercial break keep showing a highlight package from Lakers-Blazers that is 85 percent hard foul, bench clearing and chest thumping.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
03-10-2009, 07:59 AM
  #117
LaCosta Nostra
Registered User
 
LaCosta Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KallioWeHardlyKnewYe View Post
Funny that on a morning where Mike & Mike are talking about whether or not hockey should get rid of fighting (you know, cause that could be a reason why hockey isn't more popular) the Sportscenter updates on the commercial break keep showing a highlight package from Lakers-Blazers that is 85 percent hard foul, bench clearing and chest thumping.
Slap fighting?

LaCosta Nostra is offline  
Old
03-10-2009, 08:13 AM
  #118
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,297
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
Slap fighting?
Shoving. Don't recall the slapping. Probably off camera.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 12:53 AM
  #119
CBJmeser61
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 616
vCash: 500
I know some do not care about baseball, but the Dominican Republic lost to the Netherlands for the second time in the past few days which eliminates DR from the WBC(World Baseball Classic) and they were legitimate favorites to win the whole thing.

CBJmeser61 is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 05:53 AM
  #120
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe
Blue Jacket's Curse
 
KallioWeHardlyKnewYe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 12,297
vCash: 500
I'm a baseball fan and I can't think of any sporting event I could care for less than this manufactured tournament. ESPN keeps telling me I should care though.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 07:40 AM
  #121
LaCosta Nostra
Registered User
 
LaCosta Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,026
vCash: 500
The Netherlands have a baseball team???????

LaCosta Nostra is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 07:46 AM
  #122
puckgoalnet
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCosta Nostra View Post
The Netherlands have a baseball team???????
I know! I have two guys who work for me who live just outside of Amsterdamn (De Meern) and congratulated them and they basically said the same thing "We have a baseball team?"

LOL

puckgoalnet is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 08:12 AM
  #123
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor
 
pete goegan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,049
vCash: 500
Many of their players are from Dutch colonies in the Caribbean, I think.

pete goegan is online now  
Old
03-11-2009, 08:48 AM
  #124
Macster
Registered User
 
Macster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Many of their players are from Dutch colonies in the Caribbean, I think.
Exactly, the Netherlands Antilles etc.

Curacao, for example.

Macster is offline  
Old
03-11-2009, 10:20 AM
  #125
3 goals = chili
Registered User
 
3 goals = chili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,036
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to 3 goals = chili
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Many of their players are from Dutch colonies in the Caribbean, I think.
random Randall Simon sighting....he was born in Curaçao so he does get to play for them but i had no idea he was still around

3 goals = chili is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.