HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official Patrick Roy for GM Petition

Old
03-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Mikalyx

vCash: 500
Oh sure, put a GM with no experience...like that worked in the past!!! We need experience, stabililty! I would get Patrick Roy to work with our young goalies...but apart from that...not now!

Mikalyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:15 PM
DeVries*

I know that I could post a page to counter you, you'd do the same, telling all the way down I'm bias, hypocrite, lying, blinded, or whatever.

Medals are not one-sided, and because I'm trying to see the other side doesn't mean that you, by being more than optimistic, have the holy-truth about that team. Or about anything else.

Last edited by Darz: 03-10-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: play nice
DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:17 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Coach yes, GM LOL

Jeffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:22 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V View Post
Coach yes, GM LOL
Coach LOL, GM LOL.

I frankly have trouble seeing how any rational person wants him managing anything to do with the Canadiens.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:25 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
We now all know the Bob Gainey 5-year plan is a bust.

Plus he has mortgaged the future, waisting 5 premium draft picks (one 1st (Tanguay), three 2nd (Tanguay, Schneider,Lang) and a 3rd (Schneider) trying to bring this heartless team to its apex for the centennial year and the culmination of his 5-year plan.

Plus the team is now due for a major rebuilt, with half its players becoming UFA's.

Nice try, Bob, but time to pass the torch to someone else.

Patrick Roy is the ideal candidate, proven winner, tons of smarts and passion, exactly what we need.

Please show your support here.

Thanks.
Are you insane? Seriously, I want to know, did you just get released from the douglas? LOL

OK if you would've said for COACH I would've agreed it's worth a shot, but as GM.... lol don't make me laugh kid, you're either one of those blatent franco supporters who feels only french people should be running this team and a part of it, or you're just an idiot, take your pick.

Wake up people, the problem was carb, don't point the finger at Gainey until he proves this to be false.

And anyone who feels Patrick Roy should be given a chance to coach I agree but if you're saying you want him as a GM as a result of Gainey "mortgaging" the future, well you're naive. What, do you think Roy would bring class and character to this organization and somehow not ruin us for years to come? Give me a break, I don't want a GM who acts on emotions, I want a GM who is solid and Gainey is a solid GM. Lang was a smart choice, but he got injured. Tanguay was a smart choice, but he got injured. Schneider was a smart choice. All your examples are terrible.

In fact, he didn't mortgage the future away because the habs have SO much talent in their future you'd have to be blind, deaf, retarded or all three to think Gainey mortgaged the future of our team.

Nothing against Carb, but Gainey made the right choice and any intelligent team owner would never give Roy the GM position. Coaching would be a gamble but a decent gamble, but GM, LOL you want to see a team get ruined? Give Roy the GM position and you'll get just that, a team that sucks for the next 5+ years.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Coach LOL, GM LOL.

I frankly have trouble seeing how any rational person wants him managing anything to do with the Canadiens.
In terms of wanting him to be GM, you would have to be the most deluded and retardedly pro francophone bias person in existence. To the point of only giving 2 ***** about the GM being french and not caring at all about the team, its future and having anything to do with common sense. Roy as the GM.... OP if I was you I'd and delete this thread before it gets flagged as one of the most epicly retarded threads/ideas of the HFboards habs sections existence.

Old
03-10-2009, 02:29 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viau View Post
I know that I could post a page to counter you, you'd do the same, telling all the way down I'm bias, hypocrite, lying, blinded, or whatever.

Medals are not one-sided, and because I'm trying to see the other side doesn't mean that you, by being more than optimistic, have the holy-truth about that team. Or about anything else.
At least you could respond to the arguments at hand, instead of limiting yourself to that little flame. One can see a poster's position to be weak when that poster cannot even respond to the arguments brought forth. I had the courtesy to respond to every point you tried to bring forth.

What the hell does my username have to do with anything Habs related? Do you actually know what that username means? And having a pic of Price doesn't mean I'm bias. I just found the pic really cool. But hey, that's usually want a person does when he can't counter arguments, he doesn't respond to the arguments, he only attacks the the validity of the messenger. At least when I attack the validity of your opinion, I provide many many facts to support my conclusion, something that you seem unable to do.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:32 PM
Mikalyx

1- Talking about having only a french coach = stupid
2- Insulting people on this post = stupid
3- Thinking you know what Canadiens need and know how to make it happen = even more stupid

Gainey is doing a tough job, and being a coach in the NHL these days is tough too. Players and agents run this league and will for years to come. We need stability and experience in Mtl. Gainey has a good road record, he put a friend in a position he shouldn't have. He's made more good moves than bad ones so far, and really, he would never make you guys happy unless we had the best team around...

Mikalyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Sakicfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse Flying V View Post
Coach yes, GM LOL
Actually, it's more like:

Coach LOL, GM yes.

Sakicfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
DeVries*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
At least you could respond to the arguments at hand, instead of limiting yourself to that little flame. One can see a poster's position to be weak when that poster cannot even respond to the arguments brought forth. I had the courtesy to respond to every point you tried to bring forth.

What the hell does my username have to do with anything Habs related? Do you actually know what that username means? And having a pic of Price doesn't mean I'm bias. I just found the pic really cool. But hey, that's usually want a person does when he can't counter arguments, he doesn't respond to the arguments, he only attacks the the validity of the messenger. At least when I attack the validity of your opinion, I provide many many facts to support my conclusion, something that you seem unable to do.
Validity of my message? So I had it : you, Ozymandias, has the holy truth. Amen. I have no time to play your game. Have fun with your stats and argues.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10 View Post
We now all know the Bob Gainey 5-year plan is a bust.

Plus he has mortgaged the future, waisting 5 premium draft picks (one 1st (Tanguay), three 2nd (Tanguay, Schneider,Lang) and a 3rd (Schneider) trying to bring this heartless team to its apex for the centennial year and the culmination of his 5-year plan.

Plus the team is now due for a major rebuilt, with half its players becoming UFA's.

Nice try, Bob, but time to pass the torch to someone else.

Patrick Roy is the ideal candidate, proven winner, tons of smarts and passion, exactly what we need.

Please show your support here.

Thanks.
Patrick Roy = tons of smarts?????

Ummmm.......well....you know he didn't even graduate high school right????

03-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Montreal would become a Circus that nobody would take seriously if that guy ever took over.

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:27 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakicfan View Post
Actually, it's more like:

Coach LOL, GM yes.
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Old
03-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darz View Post

can you imagine him coaching Schneider...given the history they have

fireworks

Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

the op does not know what it is to mortgage the future.

Fish on The Sand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Cayouche5

Quote:

Not defending and/or bashing anyone but J.Demers couldn't even read or write and still can't If I'm not mistaken.

I think Roy will be a good hockey manager ( coach and/or GM or other managing position) however I think it's obvious that he wont make the jump right now or in the next few years cause he must be the luckiest worker ever, being the GM and Coach of HIS team and fisrt and foremost, he's coaching his two son's. When they both will have played their last season as a Remparts, I think that Roy will start thinking about working in the NHL.

Roy he's still young and if he wants to, he'll have a great post-career season in the NHL. But i don't think that he must starts he's 2nd NHL career with the habs. I think he should work for another team befome coming back in Montreal, like Gainey did. Colorado ? Minnessota ? Dallas ? who knows, maybe he's waiting for the Nordiques to be THE general in the house.

Cayouche5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:

131313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayouche5 View Post
Not defending and/or bashing anyone but J.Demers couldn't even read or write and still can't If I'm not mistaken.

...and that probably is a big reason he never was offered a GM position.

I'm not saying Roy wouldn't be a good coach, I don't think he would be a good GM. Too emotional, too hot headed. That stuff is O.K. for a coach but not for a GM.

With all that being said, I don't want Patrick Roy EVER to be employed by the habs. The potential for bad things happening is too high for my liking.

Darz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:34 PM
MXD

Quote:
...and that probably is a big reason he never was offered a GM position.

I'm not saying Roy wouldn't be a good coach, I don't think he would be a good GM. Too emotional, too hot headed. That stuff is O.K. for a coach but not for a GM.

With all that being said, I don't want Patrick Roy EVER to be employed by the habs. The potential for bad things happening is too high for my liking.
I might be french - and therefore, a little more stupid than the average guy accoding to some posters here - but I thought that in order to be a GM, you first have to be offered the job.

And it happens that Demers was the Bolts GM for a while.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 12:35 PM
HotPie

Um.

No.

Worst idea ever.

HotPie is offline   Reply With Quote