HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Recommend Some Intermediate Sticks

Old
03-10-2009, 03:32 PM
Devil Dancer

vCash: 500
Recommend Some Intermediate Sticks

After about 6 months of trying to find the right stick for me, I've settled on the fact that I need to use an intermediate. I'm short and light, so I need something short and whippy. I'm currently using a NB Vapor Apollo 67 flex with the Malkin curve. It's a decent stick, but not top shelf.

Can anyone recommend something intermediate in the $99-$199 range that stands out? I'm new to the whole intermediate world, so I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks.

Devil Dancer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 03:41 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
After about 6 months of trying to find the right stick for me, I've settled on the fact that I need to use an intermediate. I'm short and light, so I need something short and whippy. I'm currently using a NB Vapor Apollo 67 flex with the Malkin curve. It's a decent stick, but not top shelf.

Can anyone recommend something intermediate in the $99-$199 range that stands out? I'm new to the whole intermediate world, so I'm open to suggestion.

Thanks.
Just curious, when you mean intermediate do you mean the intermediate size, or a "medium" level stick (like not the Vapor XXXX but better than the $50 composite)?

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
ShootIt

I the poster means intermediate stick, hence the 67 flex comment.

http://www.inlinewarehouse.com/descpage-NB95SI.html

ShootIt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Burnaby_Joe*

Easton Synergy Elite - 65 flex

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

how old are you/ how big are you?

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Devil Dancer

30yo, 5'7, 135lbs. And yes, I'm talking about intermediate size.

Old
03-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

you could probably use a senior size if you wanted

Old
03-11-2009, 09:09 PM
doobie604

int sticks are a little skinnier so its good for ppl with small hands, and alot more whippier. for around that price range, s17 is the best stick but it doesn't last very long. dolomite is cheaper also makes int sticks at a pretty good price.

doobie604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
you could probably use a senior size if you wanted
I've tried a variety of senior sticks, but by the time I cut them down to a length I can use, they are too stiff for me to generate any real power on my shots. I noticed a big different when I switched to the 67 flex Apollo, and now I'm sold on intermediate for my frame.

IRT doobie

Thanks, I'll check out the s17 and the Warrior.

Old
03-12-2009, 09:51 AM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
I've tried a variety of senior sticks, but by the time I cut them down to a length I can use, they are too stiff for me to generate any real power on my shots. I noticed a big different when I switched to the 67 flex Apollo, and now I'm sold on intermediate for my frame.

IRT doobie

Thanks, I'll check out the s17 and the Warrior.
have you tried N/Bs sticks? they are available in a senior 77 flex. depending how much you cut it 2 inches its still an 84 flex 4 inches is a 92 6 is a 100. would you cut the intermediate stick? cause if not its going to be like a 65 flex. imo, your big enough to probably use a senior stick. you will probably get alot more power out of your shot

i coach 85 lb 11 year olds that use intermediates. ive tried it (im 6'3 190)its like rubber

Old
03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Devil Dancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
have you tried N/Bs sticks? they are available in a senior 77 flex. depending how much you cut it 2 inches its still an 84 flex 4 inches is a 92 6 is a 100. would you cut the intermediate stick? cause if not its going to be like a 65 flex. imo, your big enough to probably use a senior stick. you will probably get alot more power out of your shot

i coach 85 lb 11 year olds that use intermediates. ive tried it (im 6'3 190)its like rubber
I have a senior NB Vapor XVI that started as a 77. I cut it down to a length I'm comfortable with and it's still too stiff. After I switched to the intermediate Apollo I cut it down at least a couple of inches, so it's probably around a 75 flex. I love it.

Intermediates might feel like rubber to you, but you have 8 inches and almost 60 pounds on me. Besides, an added bonus of using intermediates is that they tend to be a bit cheaper than their senior counterparts.

Old
03-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
I have a senior NB Vapor XVI that started as a 77. I cut it down to a length I'm comfortable with and it's still too stiff. After I switched to the intermediate Apollo I cut it down at least a couple of inches, so it's probably around a 75 flex. I love it.

Intermediates might feel like rubber to you, but you have 8 inches and almost 60 pounds on me. Besides, an added bonus of using intermediates is that they tend to be a bit cheaper than their senior counterparts.
fair enough. i would look at the dolomite or s17. they have lower kick points which you also might like