HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE (authentic rbk edge - $49.99)

Closed Thread

Old
03-08-2009, 11:06 PM
forzanerazzurri

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyFan4Ever View Post
thats not really the discussion in the thread. an rbk edge jersey and a premier of course are going to be diffrent one is pique mesh on is double knit.

but i have seen with my own eyes a jersey bought off ebay with the double knit polyester, the lycratilic collar, the reinforced stitching. everything. it came from the rebook factory itself. so an edge jersey from a " fake seller" can verywell be an edge jersey. its really the luck of the draw. half of the time those guys over there dont know. but theyll take 50 US cash. and most buyers would be happy even if it is a premier.

its " authentic" in the sense its being pulled off the line and sold thru the backdoor.
Interesting. And they are sized 50,52,56, etc?

Old
03-08-2009, 11:12 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

here is how it goes....

lets pretend..... trust me i am not in the least a part of this......

ok here we go.
i am the production supervisor at RBK

i put orders or " listings" on ebay for diffrent select jerseys of the most popular players. i put out a about 5-10 listing with diffrent sizes.

you " buy now" and send me the money.

after payment confirmation i slip the order into the production line for one of my 10 cents an hour workers to sew it up like the 1000s she has made already.

she hands it to me i ship it out fedex to you.

you get it. your wearing it.

Old
03-08-2009, 11:15 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

now what i stated, is that for every listing on ebay? no its not. of course there are alot of obvious knockoffs. but if you get the right person, you can get quality.

Old
03-08-2009, 11:16 PM
forzanerazzurri

Quote:
here is how it goes....

ok here we go.

i put orders or " listings" on ebay for diffrent select jerseys of the most popular players. i put out a about 5-10 listing with diffrent sizes.

after payment confirmation i slip the order into the production line for one of my 10 cents an hour workers to sew it up like the 1000s she has made already.

Yeah i understand how it works but I have a very difficult time thinking that that would be enough to satisfy demand. For every 10 FAKE knockoffs you find on ebay you might find 1 good one. I had a friend who knew someone at the Puma factory in Chile and they had italian national team football jerseys sent up for cheap. They were the real deal as far as I could tell. So yes I do know how it works. I think youre being irresponsible by telling people that they are common tho.

Old
03-08-2009, 11:18 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzanerazzurri View Post
I think youre being irresponsible by telling people that they are common tho.
as i stated above before your post its not common. and ive never implied such.

i implied that technically speaking you can get an authentic edge jersey on ebay cheaper then MSRP

Old
03-08-2009, 11:39 PM
Viller

Quote:
Originally Posted by teegale View Post
The ironic part of this entire thread is the people saying they'd rather spend $50 on a fake because they "have to keep a roof over their heads", yet you're paying 30-90 dollars to attend games + transportation costs? If you're so strapped on cash how are you able to afford that? What a joke.
Is there supposed to be an alternative? other than watching on tv, because if there is please tell me.

edit: and I dont pay 30-90 dollars to go see games. I live in the Montreal/Ottawa region, so I have to pay 100$ minimum for crappy seats most of the time. like others have said, I "bleed" O&B also, I just can't justify spending the extra 200-250$ for a replica jersey. The so-called authentics are different from what the players have on the ice...

Last edited by Viller: 03-08-2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old
03-08-2009, 11:47 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Another option is getting an old used jersey (not game used) on ebay, I am thinking of doing that. I've looked and there are some good ones but last time I checked there were no current players jerseys, but they are a lot cheaper, and its still a Flyers jersey. The one thing I would be concerned about is the sweater smelling bad.

Old
03-09-2009, 07:39 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Another option is getting an old used jersey (not game used) on ebay, I am thinking of doing that. I've looked and there are some good ones but last time I checked there were no current players jerseys, but they are a lot cheaper, and its still a Flyers jersey. The one thing I would be concerned about is the sweater smelling bad.
yeah, i got an old lindros jersey pre-owned for about 5 bucks. little bit of careful cleaning makes it like new.

Old
03-09-2009, 02:07 PM
PhillyPhantic

This is like all the people who's complaining that the free streams of NHL games got turned off by the NHL. To each their own I guess.
However think of this, for every knockoff jersey some one buys just to save a couple bucks, you're making the price higher on the real stuff for the people who wants to buy the real things. Not saying the people who says they can't even afford the roof on their heads because they wouldn't buy the real stuff in the first place, but those who can afford it and choose to buy the fake stuff anyways. They are also encouraging the companies who produce the knock offs to steal more from the NHL.
If I don't have $300 to buy an authentic jersey then I might get a $50 blank replica jersey or an old styled jersey when it goes on sale, instead of a fake "authentic".

Old
03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

I'd actually consider buying one of these so I can wear an edge jersey while playing hockey, so I don't ruin a good jersey.

Old
03-10-2009, 10:46 AM
JSTAFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
I'd actually consider buying one of these so I can wear an edge jersey while playing hockey, so I don't ruin a good jersey.
I wear the Flyers orange practice jersey when im at practicing.

Old
03-10-2009, 11:01 AM
i am dave

A friend of mine bought a Dirk Johnson (yes the former Eagles punter) jersey a couple years ago off eBay for like $60. Let's just say that when the package arrived, it had approximately 35 stamps and may or may not have been postmarked from the Philippines (smile-slash-winky-face).

The Eagle logos on the chest and on the sleeves were squinting, and the jersey was the wrong color of green.

But hey, the eBay listing looked legit!

Old
03-12-2009, 12:39 AM
flountown

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParentPower View Post

But hey, the eBay listing looked legit!

This is my worst fear, I don't mind knowingly buying a knock-off, as long as I can see the actual item. Thats why for my eBay purchasing I tend to stick with retro jerseys that noone owns the rights to and are made in Singapore. Hell, the guy makes replica Mystery, Alaska John Biebe jerseys (Russell Crowe's character). How awesome is that.

Last edited by flountown: 03-19-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old
03-17-2009, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:

Check out the counterform (the round top) in the "R". The real one is rectangular, the fake is octagonal.

If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.
Do you mean the inner circle or the outer edge, if the latter, then it's clearly a fold in the shirt that covers the top corner.

Exhibit C:

Old
03-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Ryanoceros
He Shoots, He Scores

i was referring to the inner shape. I was speaking in typography jargon, and should have explained myself more! haha my bad. Basically, a counter(form) is the shape made by any enclosed part of a letter form. For instance, the inside of the top a capital R , or the triangle at the top of a capital A, the bottom part of a lower-case "b", etc.

Old
03-17-2009, 02:12 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
here is how it goes....

ok here we go.

If you buy it at the more expensive price does the worker get paid any more?

Old
03-17-2009, 05:20 PM
SteveH

FYI, I took a flier on those jerseys. I got an orange Gagne, same size as my legit Richards black. It's friggen HUGE, almost like a goalie cut.

Old
03-17-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanoceros View Post
i was referring to the inner shape. I was speaking in typography jargon, and should have explained myself more! haha my bad. Basically, a counter(form) is the shape made by any enclosed part of a letter form. For instance, the inside of the top a capital R , or the triangle at the top of a capital A, the bottom part of a lower-case "b", etc.
Y'see, i don't care I don't go to any live Flyers games so nobody is any wiser to it.

Old
03-17-2009, 05:45 PM
sharkeyanti

When this thread started I thought I may as well test my luck, the only jersey I have is some mesh Sharks jersey from the 90's. Found a Richards jersey on Ebay (black) and got it for 40 dollars. Came without the "C"... other than that this thing is for real. Everything is sewn, it's real nice. The guy has some other jerseys available, including a bunch of Winter Classic Blackhawks jerseys.

That $110 premium for a "C" on the jersey wasnt exactly worth it.

Old
03-17-2009, 06:12 PM

I've had a black Richards jersey for a while, but it looks like it's a little bit fake having seen this thread. I'd honestly never have guessed without seeing this thread though. All sewn professionally, the name's perfect and the numbers are great. No 'C', but i did buy it before the announcement so that's to be expected.

My point is, who cares?

Old
03-18-2009, 09:37 PM
flountown

I agree with the "who cares?" sentiment, however, most people are having issue with them being called real or authentic. They are not, in a previous post I said that the Singaporean jersey I ordered was all properly stitched and was solid quality.

I actually plan on getting a Patrick Kane winter classic jersey before the 2010 games, GO USA, but will definitely be buying one of the fake knock-offs. I will be doing this because I know that while fake, the quality of build will be better than the replica $200 versions the NHL sells. I do not expect it to be a full out EDGE authentic, but I know that if I am going to drop money on a jersey I want sewn numbers and patches, not heat-pressed crap.

Old
03-18-2009, 09:55 PM
advocatusdiablo

I have a "fake" Briere jersey with the screwed up shaped letters. It doesn't matter to me. I live on my own so paying $300 for a truly real jersey is insane... even has a fight strap!

Old
03-19-2009, 07:58 AM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by flountown View Post
This is my worst fear, I don't mind knowingly buying a knock-off, as long as I can see the actual item. Thats why for my eBay purchasing I tend to stick with retro jerseys that noone owns the rights to and are made in Singapore. Hell, the guy makes replica Mystery, Alaska John Biebe jerseys (Kurt Russel's character). How awesome is that.
You mean Russell Crowe

Old
03-19-2009, 10:09 AM
BigBanger

That jersey looks great for 50 bucks! you would have to be a moron to pick out the center of the R as deciding factor not to buy, besides when you spill your beer or dog on it you wont mind much

Old
03-19-2009, 07:06 PM
PhillyFan4Ever

just recieved a coburn and richards jersey from nhl shop they are horrible. my one from ebay actually has double tackle twill.

ill have to take pics and show the diffrence

Closed Thread