Shanahan Haters Rejoice - Andersen out for season, Broncos looks like fools

Closed Thread

Old
08-30-2004, 07:38 PM
HughJass*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Shannahan Haters Rejoice - Anderson out for season, Broncos looks like fools

The whole LetsGetRidOfClinton Portis( who we don't want to pay)ForACoverCorner (who we do want to pay)BecauseWeCanMakeUpForRunningBackInOurSystemBec auseI'mAGenius has caught up to Shannahan. Mike Anderson (Semper Fi!) is out for the season, and I believe he's been looking like the guy to spearhead the running attack again.

Well, let's see what those Broncos can do now. Throw a rookie out there, I'm sure the rest of the AFC West would love you to.

Old
08-30-2004, 07:45 PM
MontrealCruiser_83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHurricane16
The whole LetsGetRidOfClinton Portis( who we don't want to pay)ForACoverCorner (who we do want to pay)BecauseWeCanMakeUpForRunningBackInOurSystemBec auseI'mAGenius has caught up to Shannahan. Mike Anderson (Semper Fi!) is out for the season, and I believe he's been looking like the guy to spearhead the running attack again.

Well, let's see what those Broncos can do now. Throw a rookie out there, I'm sure the rest of the AFC West would love you to.
they do have Garrison Hearst... Quintin Griffin, and Tatum Bell

It'll do...

Old
08-30-2004, 07:56 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Garrison Hearst isn't going to cut it I love the guy but his best days were behind him 3 seasons ago.

Old
08-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Vanya

Is it true Anderson was hurt on a play blocking for the punter with about 2 minutes left in the game?

If so, then ouch.

Old
08-30-2004, 08:59 PM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya
Is it true Anderson was hurt on a play blocking for the punter with about 2 minutes left in the game?

If so, then ouch.
Dude,almost every RB does amazing in Denver.Tatum Bell or Quentin Griffin will get 1,000 yards,mark my words.

Old
08-30-2004, 09:04 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Dude,almost every RB does amazing in Denver.Tatum Bell or Quentin Griffin will get 1,000 yards,mark my words.
Ditto. They have had good running backs, and in one case a great one, but for the most part a decent running back can look good with their running game.

Old
08-30-2004, 09:26 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanya

If so, then ouch.

Yes.

Old
08-30-2004, 10:52 PM
Big McLargehuge
Global Moderator
The Dawn of Koon

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Agreed. With that system and that offensive line you have to be bloody awful not to get 1,000 yards.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
Old
08-30-2004, 11:13 PM
Jori
HFB Partner

This loss hurts Denver, but Quentin Griffin, not Mike Anderson was going to be the starter for Denver. Shanahan made a mistake no doubt, but this opens the door for Tatum Bell. I'm not worried about Denver's running game, their passing game however is another story.

Old
08-30-2004, 11:20 PM
Breck Av

Anderson was not going to be the starter this season. He was actually trade bait, there were rumblings he was going to be dealt to Philly or Miami for a 3rd or 4th round pick. That's obviously not going to happen now.

Quentin Griffin has run with the first team since mini-camps and throughout the preseason. He hasn't done anything to lose the job and has looked good for the majority of the exhibition games. He's no Portis, but he'll get some yards and make people miss. Unfortunately, he just can't break tackles to save his life.

Tatum Bell is one to watch, he only played in his first preseason action last Saturday after breaking a finger on his first day of training camp. He didn't look that great in mop up duty against the Texans, though you can't really look too much into that performance while running behind backup and third string O-lineman.

Hearst is going to be used smartly. He's not going to get a ton of carries, but he should be effective when he does get out there. He's looked very fresh in his preseason action. It's obvious that he knows how to run in Shanhan's cutback system.

The running game won't be the Broncos problem, imo. I'm worried about the passing offense, as Plummer's looked bad this preseason after having a good year last year.

I think Denver is clearly #2 behind Kansas City in the AFC West and will fight for the wild card with a very good defense that needs to create more turnovers than they have in the past few years. The offense will not score as much as usual but won't be a total disaster. Watch out for Darius Watts, a rookie WR from Marshall. He could be starting as the number two receiver over Ashley Lelie by midseason. Jeb Putzier is also a tight end who could be a fantasy football sleeper.

Old
08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Breck Av

, Jori, I swear I wasn't copying you.

Old
08-30-2004, 11:38 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
damnit I had Anderson in my keeper league hoping he'd be able to take the starting job.

Old
08-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Jori
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breck Av
, Jori, I swear I wasn't copying you.
Too creepy :lol

Closed Thread