HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3/12 7:30 PM Sharks (43-12-10) at Blues (30-28-8)

Old
03-13-2009, 02:09 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
I kind of feel some pity for the "fans" who are rooting more for a few draft positions than for the team to actually win and have its day in the post-season. Wins like tonight are so much fun and so satisfying as a fan. And I watch the players, and realize how united and focused they are.

Different guys step up each night (plus Mason). The scoring keeps coming from different places. The physical play is getting very intense. These have been play-off caliber games lately...and the Blues have shown a lot more heart than the opponents.

How can a Blues fan not watch those and celebrate?

I have a feeling the Detroit game is going to be another big Blues win. The Redwings kind of embarrassed the Blues last time, but I think it was a bit of bad timing. Detroit hasn't been in sync lately. They've had some ugly losses and mental fatigue showing. Last game, they were very focused after the Nashville debacle. This time, the Blues have all the momentum and a reason for a little pay-back.

Anyway, I'm going to the game so it had better be good! Oh what I wouldn't give to see the Blues make it to the play-offs and a 2nd round series against the Blackhawks! (OK, getting carried away.)

But sitting only 2 points back....if they are able to maintain this pace they'll be in the 7th or even 6th spot. What an incredible effort. How can anyone watch this team and STILL be *****ing about Murray's coaching. What an amazing job to pull this team together and get this kind of consistent performance out of the players.

What a fun and exciting team to watch! Lose two regulars to injury for the night....play the best team in the west....doesn't matter, its the BLUES!

2 Minute Minor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 04:58 AM
General Veers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTurkelton View Post
Got back from scotttrade a little while ago. Great effing game. The crowd was good and the team played great. It had to be the most fun ive had at a blues game in a while
Yea, it was great! I was shocked when, after SJ scored 1st, no one was sitting on their hands.

General Veers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 07:43 AM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I kind of feel some pity for the "fans" who are rooting more for a few draft positions than for the team to actually win and have its day in the post-season. Wins like tonight are so much fun and so satisfying as a fan. And I watch the players, and realize how united and focused they are.

Different guys step up each night (plus Mason). The scoring keeps coming from different places. The physical play is getting very intense. These have been play-off caliber games lately...and the Blues have shown a lot more heart than the opponents.

How can a Blues fan not watch those and celebrate?

I have a feeling the Detroit game is going to be another big Blues win. The Redwings kind of embarrassed the Blues last time, but I think it was a bit of bad timing. Detroit hasn't been in sync lately. They've had some ugly losses and mental fatigue showing. Last game, they were very focused after the Nashville debacle. This time, the Blues have all the momentum and a reason for a little pay-back.

Anyway, I'm going to the game so it had better be good! Oh what I wouldn't give to see the Blues make it to the play-offs and a 2nd round series against the Blackhawks! (OK, getting carried away.)

But sitting only 2 points back....if they are able to maintain this pace they'll be in the 7th or even 6th spot. What an incredible effort. How can anyone watch this team and STILL be *****ing about Murray's coaching. What an amazing job to pull this team together and get this kind of consistent performance out of the players.

What a fun and exciting team to watch! Lose two regulars to injury for the night....play the best team in the west....doesn't matter, its the BLUES!
Bad news for the Blues as there is another debacle that needs redemption.

norrisnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:16 AM
execwrite

The San Jose announcers said the Blues have the best record in the West since mid-January.

I did not know that.

execwrite is offline   Reply With Quote