HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jersey for Mt-Svk's Daughter Julka

Old
02-24-2009, 05:43 AM
Inquiring Minds

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyy View Post
Skates are a fun idea, but that would raise the actual shipping price a lot, wouldn't it?
The USPS has an International flat rate deal. It would be $X for whatever you can fit in a certain size box, no matter what it weighs. They have three different sized boxes, maybe one would be large enough for our needs.

Inquiring Minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 07:23 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Let's not jump to conclusions. Mt-svk has not asked for charity and may well not welcome it. The sweater is something she may not be able to get and it's great that we're all joining in to help one of "our own." My advice would be to keep it simple and stick with CBJ merchandise unless we find out that something else is needed. JMO.

pete goegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 10:27 AM
cbjgirl
Just thinking

Mel,

Do you have tickets to every game or just some games? In other words, can you always be found in your seat during the first intermission?

cbjgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Matt

Maybe there is a FEDEX employee on the board that will use his employee discount to ship the articles. That discount would make the cost very affordable.

Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 02:18 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Let's not jump to conclusions. Mt-svk has not asked for charity and may well not welcome it. The sweater is something she may not be able to get and it's great that we're all joining in to help one of "our own." My advice would be to keep it simple and stick with CBJ merchandise unless we find out that something else is needed. JMO.
Good thinking, pete. The jersey we've cleared with mt.

Mell?

Double-Shift Lassť is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 03:49 PM
Mellington

Send a message via AIM to Mellington Send a message via Yahoo to Mellington
OK I am always in my seats as listed in the first post I am a season ticket holder as for buying anything else .. Mt is a very proud woman She is accepting the Jersey for Julka because she is her child and we asked her to let us do this for her ..I would like to stick to the original plan that was agreed to ..A Jersey for Julka and maybe a few other CBJ things that she can not get stuck in the box.

Mellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2009, 04:47 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Let me say that in no way are additional items unappreciated. The gesture is terrific and this board's willingness to jump on something I suggested off-the-cuff is heartwarming. But Mell's right about mt's initially not willing to want "charity." Let's just keep it simple.

Old
02-24-2009, 04:55 PM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
Let me say that in no way are additional items unappreciated. The gesture is terrific and this board's willingness to jump on something I suggested off-the-cuff is heartwarming. But Mell's right about mt's initially not willing to want "charity." Let's just keep it simple.
There goes the neighborhood. DSL is a mod

Good luck buddy!!!

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:44 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

How is this going?

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Mellington

ok current update

The Jar at the RBar will be there thru the Game March 15th vs the Deadthings ....

Current Balance

$326

All extra funds are going to The Foundation in Julka's Name with credit to the CBJHfboards

Any small items related to the team that someone would like to stick in the box will be accepted but we are trying to stick to CBJ related stuff only.

Thanks to everyone who has donated ... and to those who are unable dont feel bad we understand not everyone can donate we just ask you keep Julka and Family in your thoughts

I just wanna say from a personal level I am very proud of how this board has pulled together to send a Huge HUG to Mt-Svk and Julka just goes to show even if we disagree when it comes down to it we stick together and thats a good feeling.

Old
03-01-2009, 11:10 AM
Skraut

DVD is on the way. Includes all videos.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 02:51 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Great idea, Skraut!

Old
03-01-2009, 05:09 PM
trooper

Would it be OK if I offer to pay for shipping? Sounds like the items are bought, but a concern is that the shipping will rise. If the shipping remains no more than $50, I volunteer to pay it (or I'll pay $50 towards shipping). That way, extra pucks, programs, whatever can go in the box. Paypal or face to face works for me. PM me, or post here... I can't always make the Rbar...

Last edited by trooper: 03-01-2009 at 05:23 PM.
trooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2009, 05:22 PM
TBJF
Brick by Ga-borik

Send a message via AIM to TBJF Send a message via Yahoo to TBJF
I've been away (In many senses, but that's irrelevant right now) and missed out on this. If shipping charges go up you need somebody to help out, please let me know. I'll see if I have something Jackets-licious I'm willing to part with for the box if I can make it down there in the next couple of weeks.

TBJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:11 PM
KayZee13

Thought I'd move this back up just as a reminder to everyone! It does my heart good to see everybody coming together like this for mt-svk and her daughter. Hey Mell, what's the update on this? I'll be coming to Tues. game and plan to make my donation then!

KayZee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Mellington

Current Balance is $351 and I will be collecting money from people thru the Detroit game ... I also still have the Jar at the Rbar

Old
03-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Reminder bump.

Donations accepted.

Mell - PM me with your thoughts on wrapping this up after the weekend.

Old
03-10-2009, 12:56 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

I'm going to send my CBJ winter gear combo that I got as a Time Warner promotion with Mellington. Saves on the shipping cost. I plan to get it to Mell on Thursday.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 05:17 AM
KayZee13

***Just a bump***

Hey Mell and DSL- Could you please restate your seat locations so you can be found on Sunday for (hopefully) more donations? Thx!

Old
03-13-2009, 07:45 AM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayZee13 View Post
***Just a bump***

Hey Mell and DSL- Could you please restate your seat locations so you can be found on Sunday for (hopefully) more donations? Thx!
I'm out for Sunday's tilt. Check your PMs.

Old
03-13-2009, 08:28 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
I'm out for Sunday's tilt. Check your PMs.
Got it! Thx! Maybe Mell will post her location again? Anyhow, hope posters realize what all is happening here for Mt-Svk. Again, you guys are awesome for taking the initiative to make this happen for them!

Old
03-13-2009, 08:33 AM
BluejacketNut

If you guys really want to make a difference with these types of things, im sure theres enough people on here to put together a fun scrimmage charity game. We've done it in the past (for fun, but first one the extra money went to the Bluejackets Foundation) on Metro where we have a friendly scrimmage of board posters. Its a good way to help and a good way to have message board bragging rights for the players and for people to get to know each other.

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:48 AM
KayZee13

Scrimmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
If you guys really want to make a difference with these types of things, im sure theres enough people on here to put together a fun scrimmage charity game. We've done it in the past (for fun, but first one the extra money went to the Bluejackets Foundation) on Metro where we have a friendly scrimmage of board posters. Its a good way to help and a good way to have message board bragging rights for the players and for people to get to know each other.
Hey! I say run it by DSL and see if you guys can get something started! Would be cool!

Old
03-13-2009, 08:58 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Probably too late for this time - can't keep delaying this little girl's sweater - but a great idea to keep in mind for the future. A joint effort with both AF and Metro would be big fun! I'd enjoy meeting many of the active participants on both sites.

Old
03-13-2009, 11:11 AM
KayZee13

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
Probably too late for this time - can't keep delaying this little girl's sweater - but a great idea to keep in mind for the future. A joint effort with both AF and Metro would be big fun! I'd enjoy meeting many of the active participants on both sites.

Sounds like a fantastic idea to me for a purely fun day and any monies going to Foundation? We have alot of very bright people on this board (ok-go ahead and start inserting the jabs here. lol) with alot of amazing ideas. I would think that we could all brainstorm a day that could include other activities as well as a scrimmage. Making it a 'family' kind of day. The act of everyone pulling together for Mt-Svk has proved as much!

DSL- are you the one that was setting up Paypal for Mt-Svk's donations or was that another poster?