HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

14th Obsequious Banter Thread: 14th, the REAL 13th Floor.

Closed Thread

Old
03-13-2009, 02:50 PM
Opus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo for Heart View Post
I just got a 1 yr contract extension!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Awesome news buddy, congrats!!!

Kieths?

Old
03-13-2009, 03:26 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Peach snapple.
that is all.

oh and no meat today. poop.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:29 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
Peach snapple.
that is all.

oh and no meat today. poop.
Dr Pepper.

Oh, and I totally forgot about the meat thing. I'm the worst Christian ever.

cuz I don't even really believe in God. OH SNAPS!

Old
03-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Opus

The MMA world lost one of it's family members this week...

TapouT's Charles "Mask" Lewis Reportedly Dies in Car Accident; Driver Arrested

Quote:
Newport Beach CA — Fox News 11 L.A. reported that a red Ferrari split in half as it slammed into a light pole in Newport Beach today, killing the driver and injuring a passenger. The accident on southbound Jamboree Road near Camelback Street occurred just before 1 a.m., according to a Newport Beach Police Department lieutenant.

The impact of the crash broke the car in half and left the front portion of the high-performance Italian sports car crushed by the light pole. "It apparently was traveling at a high rate of speed, and it left the roadway, hit the curb, took out a light pole, and ... someone is deceased in the vehicle and we don't know who that person is at this particular time," Newport Beach police Lt. Steven Shulman told ABC7 at the crash site.

An unnamed source has told Ringleadfightnews.com that the deceased driver was TapouT Crew member and part owner of the multi-million dollar company, “Mask.” The information could not be verified and is still speculation at this point.

Police Lt. Steven Shulman told Fox News 11, "the coroner will identify that person, notify the family, and hopefully the passenger that we believe was in the vehicle will survive the injuries and we will find out a little bit more at that point."

A second victim was taken to a hospital following the accident, a Newport Beach Fire Department dispatch supervisor said. Her condition was not immediately reported. The injured victim was a female passenger who was ejected in the crash, On Scene reported.

Click link for full story

Old
03-13-2009, 03:37 PM
orange and black48
BUTTHEAD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

cuz I don't even really believe in God. OH SNAPS!
ROFL.
I get so much hassle for no meat on Fridays.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Awesome news buddy, congrats!!!

Kieths?
Thanks man!

Keith's White it is! Those who like it, like it a lot!

Old
03-13-2009, 03:49 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange and black48 View Post
ROFL.
I get so much hassle for no meat on Fridays.
Yeah, my mom got upset with me since I was eating meat last Friday. She told me, "Your so lucky, when I was little we couldn't have meat ANY Friday!" I responded with, "Well, the meat thing is a stupid tradition that's not even in the bible. It was started by man, so to make it mandatory is ridiculous, and I am rebeling against a religious tradition that God never started by eating meat."

I have NOT told her that I don't believe in God. It would kill her. I did the Catholic school thing since I was little, and went to a Jesuit University, and the answers to my questions on faith never got answered.

Then I learned about Science.

It comes a point when "God's will" and "test of faith" just doesn't cut it anymore. For me at least.

However, for those of you who do believe, I completely respect your decision. Please don't disrespect mine. Thank you.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Caseys Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Yeah, my mom got upset with me since I was eating meat last Friday. She told me, "Your so lucky, when I was little we couldn't have meat ANY Friday!" I responded with, "Well, the meat thing is a stupid tradition that's not even in the bible. It was started by man, so to make it mandatory is ridiculous, and I am rebeling against a religious tradition that God never started by eating meat."

I have NOT told her that I don't believe in God. It would kill her. I did the Catholic school thing since I was little, and went to a Jesuit University, and the answers to my questions on faith never got answered.

Then I learned about Science.

It comes a point when "God's will" and "test of faith" just doesn't cut it anymore. For me at least.

However, for those of you who do believe, I completely respect your decision. Please don't disrespect mine. Thank you.

I love the way you worded this... Eloquently said. I too was raised in a religious home and just like you ~ my questions were not answered. I've never known what to say to my folks or how to broach the subject... they still ask all the time 'have you thought about finding a nice church yet'? 'Why don't you ever want to have church in your life?'...etc etc etc *sigh*.. I might just have Ma log into HF and read your post and say 'ditto Mom' ... LOL

Old
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
JSTAFF

33 mins stil the weekend.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:57 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by stafuccijr View Post
33 mins stil the weekend.
63 mins to the weekend, unless I stay late

Old
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

The religion discussion has never ended pleasantly anytime I've ever seen it brought up.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:05 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
The religion discussion has never ended pleasantly anytime I've ever seen it brought up.
It tends to bring out the irrational in everyone

Old
03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseys Kisses View Post
I love the way you worded this... Eloquently said. I too was raised in a religious home and just like you ~ my questions were not answered. I've never known what to say to my folks or how to broach the subject... they still ask all the time 'have you thought about finding a nice church yet'? 'Why don't you ever want to have church in your life?'...etc etc etc *sigh*.. I might just have Ma log into HF and read your post and say 'ditto Mom' ... LOL
She doesn't hassle me to go to Church unless it's Christmas or Easter. She tells me every Sunday, when I wake up, that she attended mass. I can tell she wishes I went with her, but I still don't go. I used to even be an Altar boy, and I never go.

Even when I was away at college, she would always ask if I went to a service on Sunday. I think in my entire time at the University, I attended zero services.

I know she is disappointed in me, but it is not her decision. Part of the reason I am annoyed, is my grandmother is a total ***** but she attends church DAILY, and she preaches to everyone she talks to like she is morally superior to everyone. She uses her religion as an excuse to put others down. I dislike that attitude.

The funny thing, is that my grandmother is the most vocal about me skipping church.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
Ri hards

...just got a rejection letter from the University of Alberta Law School. The envelope was nice...the letter itself looks like a cheap photocopy.

If only there was some image to describe how I feel right now.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:10 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
...just got a rejection letter from the University of Alberta Law School. The envelope was nice...the letter itself looks like a cheap photocopy.

Sorry man.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hextall89 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
Religion and Love both make people irrational.

I welcome everyone to believe whatever they want, I just have no desire for anyone to force their beliefs on me.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:12 PM
Caseys Kisses

Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
I agree - it's such a personal thing... even people of the same faith/non faith see things differently. It's so subjective. Almost always ends badly.

Quote:

Awwwww.. I'm so sorry to hear that. I'll say the cliche thing and suggest that everything happens for a reason and perhaps there is a different school with a whole different adventure than you anticipated on the horizon for you...

Might make you feel better to squirt lighter fluid all over the pretty envelope and watch it burn? :shrug:

Old
03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:

Sorry to hear that.

Was UofA the only Law School you applied to?

Old
03-13-2009, 04:25 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseys Kisses View Post

Might make you feel better to squirt lighter fluid all over the pretty envelope and watch it burn? :shrug:
ya know, it just might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Sorry to hear that.

Was UofA the only Law School you applied to?
I also applied to McGill and UBC. I don't like my chances at either of these schools if UofA rejected me. FACK...I should have applied to USask....

Old
03-13-2009, 04:35 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

I'm sorry Black Hole Sun... that sucks so hard.

Old
03-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Ri hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
I'm sorry Black Hole Sun... that sucks so hard.
hard enough to suck a golfball through a garden hose....

Old
03-13-2009, 05:00 PM
UseYourAllusion

Quote:

I am waiting on a handful of law school applications myself, so I feel you.

Old
03-13-2009, 05:02 PM
Opus

Quote:
Sorry to hear about the news dude, that sucks.

Quote:

Old
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/column...rre&id=3973478
Quote:

4. Philadelphia Flyers: The pundits differ greatly on this team. Some believe the Flyers are the real deal, others think they're first-round fodder. Put us in the first camp.

"We like our team," Flyers coach John Stevens told us. "I like the fact that we've had our team all year and didn't make any major changes [at the deadline]. We redesigned our defense from last year, and as the year has gone on, they've played really well and we're set up pretty well right now with some size, some puck-movers and some good defenders there.

"We've got a really balanced forward group -- six 20-goal scorers and now we're adding Daniel Briere back to our lineup. We've got enough grit, we believe, that matches up pretty good with teams in the East. Our goaltending is really starting to round into form and Marty is starting to get into the form he was in late last year."

Stevens saved the goaltending for last. That's the area that has so many Flyers fans and media concerned. And yet, while the Flyers are middle of the pack in goals against, they're still ahead of the likes of Detroit, Montreal and Calgary. But in Philly, no one is ever happy with the goaltending, so Martin Biron and Antero Niittymaki have heard it all season long.

"You know what? I think in Philadelphia, the goalie thing has always been a big issue," Stevens said. "That might be why we hear more about it.

"We've got solid play from both of our guys. I think people were forever hoping that I would name one guy and he would play 80 percent of the games," Stevens added. "As a coach, we just do what's best to win games as we move through the year. Marty quieted a lot of critics last year with the way he played near the end of the season and into the playoffs."

Old
03-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Kambo

Send a message via AIM to Kambo
It is Friday, the workday is done, and Kambo is happy.

Closed Thread