HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Accountability????

Old
03-13-2009, 01:02 PM
94now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I know, i know...it doesn't matter, the goalies are what wins and lose games, i know, i know already......
How come I missed that one? I know too.. It's a hard work combined with good effort. Or good effort together with hard work... Oh, wait, aren't those the same?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 01:15 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
Read your post #70.
Neither of your examples are lazy while carrying the puck, so I assume you mean their game away form it...

Allright, have you seen Ovechkin movements away from the puck? He doesn't run around like he has fire in his **tt. He waits being sometimes almost stationary, then gets in and makes a play. So does Malkin or Kovalev. The player like Hollweg or Orr needs to be in motion all the time, while one who is able to assess the game situation correctly doesn't. In other words, if you can read, you may not dig. However the "reader" must make a play that he read. If he doesn't he would look "lazy". The difference between Kovalev and Ovechkin is that AO could make that play most of the time, Kovy use to do it too, but not all the time and Malkin is in between the two.

Old
03-13-2009, 01:58 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Avery simply playing good hockey. I don't believe effort can change the player from cold to hot. Common mistake in any sport. The thing that works is PED (baseball). The effect of reprimand on the team is undoubtedly exists and I think that what Torts was trying rather then better Z or challenge him.
what ?????

hustle and effort is exactly what can change a cold player to hot......or at the very least effective......

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 02:08 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
what ?????

hustle and effort is exactly what can change a cold player to hot......or at the very least effective......
I said it is a common mistake. NHL athletes are no different than , say, baseball or basketball players. Hustle all you want, you still be cold.

Old
03-13-2009, 02:14 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
I said it is a common mistake. NHL athletes are no different than , say, baseball or basketball players. Hustle all you want, you still be cold.
when you hustle you create mistakes by the opponent. then you can capitalize on it and create better chances for yourself to snap out of a funk. harderforechecking will create more mistakes from the opponent (ask the isles who are playing great despite having an AHL caliber team). Ultimately it is up to you to put the puck in the net, but the hustle will give you the extra chances to do that. So yes hustle does help get people out of funks b/c it will give them more chances.

DontStepanMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 02:33 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rags225 View Post
when you hustle you create mistakes by the opponent. then you can capitalize on it and create better chances for yourself to snap out of a funk. harderforechecking will create more mistakes from the opponent (ask the isles who are playing great despite having an AHL caliber team). Ultimately it is up to you to put the puck in the net, but the hustle will give you the extra chances to do that. So yes hustle does help get people out of funks b/c it will give them more chances.
That is how cold team can win the game. It doesn't make anyone hot, just the way to deal with the issue why collecting the points.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:00 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
That is how cold team can win the game. It doesn't make anyone hot, just the way to deal with the issue why collecting the points.
but it can give people some confidence which is the first step in getting hot. So it is a way for people to start warming up and eventually get hot. When you are cold you lose confidence. Hard work and some positive results will lead to confidence to restore you to where you should be. Once the confidence comes back you are then able to go on a hot streak.

Aaron Voros, Dubinksy, and Zherdev were on an incredible hot streak to begin the year. Eventually they all went cold. Voros lost confidence and got lazy and now is banished from the ice. Dubi is just completely inconsistent and still doesn't play with the confidenc he had in the beginning of the year. and Zherdev will go on mini hot streaks when he plays hard and then go ice cold when he doesn't play hard. So hustle and playing hard does have some effect on getting a hot streak. It is not the only ingredient however, but busting your arse off will make it much easier to get on a hot streak than being lazy.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:22 PM
94now

Quote:
but it can give people some confidence which is the first step in getting hot. So it is a way for people to start warming up and eventually get hot.
Not necessarily. Sometimes doing nothing works as well. Hard work is something you have to do in order to win, but often to recover form slump the player should stop playing. Usually player knows what to do. Sometimes coach thinks he knows better. No one knows for sure, though.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:30 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
Not necessarily. Sometimes doing nothing works as well. Hard work is something you have to do in order to win, but often to recover form slump the player should stop playing. Usually player knows what to do. Sometimes coach thinks he knows better. No one knows for sure, though.
what!?

Old
03-13-2009, 03:33 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:

Wait...what?

I'm assuming you mean in order for a player to get out of a slump they have to know when to pace themselves i.e. not always going 100 mph in every situation. Correct?

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 03:53 PM
Tom Atkins

Quote:
This makes no sense.

since when does playing hard equal a bad thing. A cold streak isnt just going to go away, playing hard and focused it the best thing for it.

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 03:55 PM
94now

Quote:
what!?
That is why benching work so often. I think Dubi may benefit from it.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWayBShirt View Post
Wait...what?

I'm assuming you mean in order for a player to get out of a slump they have to know when to pace themselves i.e. not always going 100 mph in every situation. Correct?
I meant "sit out".

Old
03-13-2009, 03:56 PM
DontStepanMe

Quote:
That is why benching work so often. I think Dubi may benefit from it.
You think he could benefit from just watching the game? Maybe.

Old
03-13-2009, 03:59 PM
94now

Quote:
You think he could benefit from just watching the game? Maybe.
No, just take a break. Happens on any job that requires creativity. Done routinely in baseball.That is why Kovalev was on rest for few games. Came back hot.