HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

14th Obsequious Banter Thread: 14th, the REAL 13th Floor.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-13-2009, 04:34 PM
  #101
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Tonights games and predictions (orange = win)...

Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks
Kings vs. Canucks

Opus is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 04:54 PM
  #102
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
hard enough to suck a golfball through a garden hose....
'Course, that would make your day a little better.








Sorry, just tryin' to cheer ya up!

Jules801 is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 05:33 PM
  #103
Ri hards
Registered User
 
Ri hards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
and now for something completely different:

From the yard this morning





Ri hards is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 06:09 PM
  #104
IrishSniper87
Registered User
 
IrishSniper87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Media, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Tonights games and predictions (orange = win)...

Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks
Kings vs. Canucks
I made the same picks also. I didn't bet everything tho, that will be tomorrow.

IrishSniper87 is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 06:12 PM
  #105
ToTheNet
Registered User
 
ToTheNet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Holland, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,281
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ToTheNet
Hey fellow alcoholics!

I've got another video for you all to check out. So do it!!! Thanky!

The bar is called Alfa.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/aroun...ladelphia.html

ToTheNet is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 07:58 PM
  #106
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
I made the same picks also. I didn't bet everything tho, that will be tomorrow.
Excellent pics Sniper!

So far the BLue Jackets are up 2-0 in the 1st.

Goals by Vermette and Huselius.

Opus is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:06 PM
  #107
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Villanova needs to learn how to play second half basketball with the lead. Up 8 at the half, then get outscored by 22 in the second half. Terrible

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:13 PM
  #108
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Villanova needs to learn how to play second half basketball with the lead. Up 8 at the half, then get outscored by 22 in the second half. Terrible
For sure...that said their tourney situation looks about the same as it did before, no better, but no worse

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:14 PM
  #109
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American
 
JLHockeyKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Central Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
Invisible Branch?

JLHockeyKnight is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:21 PM
  #110
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
and now for something completely different:

From the yard this morning




That last pic is crazy it looks like the bird is flattened- that is the bird right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Tonights games and predictions (orange = win)...

Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks
Kings vs. Canucks
Yay CBJ!

By the way CBJ v. Chicago is on yahoo sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2009031304

if you are on a mac it might work better on firefox than safari

Edit: Also watch it in full screen and if the video is to the side wait- it should center


Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 03-13-2009 at 08:44 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:26 PM
  #111
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UseYourAllusion View Post
For sure...that said their tourney situation looks about the same as it did before, no better, but no worse
Yea they could have stated the case for a 2 seed if they won the tourny. Who ever won tonights game was going to win it all. Theres no way Syracuse or West Virginia is going to win. Hopefully they work on how to keep a lead. Two days in a row leading at the half and almost blow it last night and got dominated tonight.


On another note Sixers win their final game at the Spectrum. Hell of a way to win it too. Good to see them win that game

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:35 PM
  #112
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Yay CBJ!

By the way CBJ v. Chicago is on yahoo sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/hockeynight/2009031304

if you are on a mac it might work better on firefox than safari
I'm spoiled, I'm watching it on Center Ice, thank you though...perhaps others here might tune in. It's a pretty good game!

Opus is offline  
Old
03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
  #113
UseYourAllusion
Registered User
 
UseYourAllusion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 6,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersguy33 View Post
Yea they could have stated the case for a 2 seed if they won the tourny. Who ever won tonights game was going to win it all. Theres no way Syracuse or West Virginia is going to win. Hopefully they work on how to keep a lead. Two days in a row leading at the half and almost blow it last night and got dominated tonight.
I feel like it was different each time though, Marquette slowly chipped away at the lead, Louisville just blew them away from the start of the second. Which means I can't point to something specific

UseYourAllusion is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 12:02 AM
  #114
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Cool article on Hartnell...


Hartnell: Big hair, big play

Quote:
Flyers teammates don't call Scott Hartnell "Samson," but maybe they should. As the power forward's hair has gotten longer, he's gotten better.

The ever-thickening mane of curly brown locks hasn't been trimmed in about 18 months, and is pushing his helmet to maximum capacity.

"It's just kind of a fun thing I've been doing," Hartnell told NHL.com. "It's pretty crazy in the mornings, but I have fun with it. I've gone this far into the season, so I might as well let her go."

As his hair grows, so has his offensive output. Heading into this weekend's home-and-home set with the Rangers, capped by Sunday's NHL on NBC Game of the Week (12:30 p.m. ET), he's already set a personal-best with 50 points in 66 games, and with 24 goals, he's one off his career-high. And his crease-crashing style of play has opened up space for linemates Joffrey Lupul and All-Star center Jeff Carter, who has 38 goals, the third-highest total in the League.

"He goes hard to the net," Lupul said to NHL.com. "He's got good abilities, too. Sometimes that gets lost in how he plays. He's got good skills, goes to the net hard and gets rewarded sometimes with those banger-type goals."

"I think Scotty is not much different from Mike Knuble, where he's got the size and the willingness to go to corners or the front of the net and complement skilled people very well," Flyers coach John Stevens told NHL.com. "Scotty played great with (Danny) Briere and (Vaclav) Prospal last year, he played a good part of the year with Mike Richards and played very well. He's just a big guy that provides the ingredients with skilled people that allow you to have success. He comes up with a lot of loose pucks, gets to the net. He sees the ice a lot better than people realize and can make a lot of support plays. I think he's a better offensive player than even I realized when he got here."

Clink link for full article

Opus is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 12:29 AM
  #115
Ri hards
Registered User
 
Ri hards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Invisible Branch?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
That last pic is crazy it looks like the bird is flattened- that is the bird right?


I managed to snap the pick just as the chickadee jumped in the air to take off. Apparently that's what it looks like.


Besides that, this'll be my last message for probably a week. I'm leaving in 7 1/2 hours for Trail/Creston BC for Provincial hockey championships. I'm looking at a 7 hour drive on a crappy highway (Hwy #3 for those in the know) in crappy conditions by myself. My only regrets are not watching BSG when I got home today (DVR'd) and not finding red hair dye (not the ginger-kid in a box red, more of an offensive one).

Provided it make it there and back in one piece, I'll be signing on sometime Friday or Saturday (unless I find an internet connection).

Play nice now!


GOOOOO FLYERS!

Ri hards is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 12:39 AM
  #116
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo
 
CharlieGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Kitchener, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
Besides that, this'll be my last message for probably a week. I'm leaving in 7 1/2 hours for Trail/Creston BC for Provincial hockey championships. I'm looking at a 7 hour drive on a crappy highway (Hwy #3 for those in the know) in crappy conditions by myself. My only regrets are not watching BSG when I got home today (DVR'd) and not finding red hair dye (not the ginger-kid in a box red, more of an offensive one).

Provided it make it there and back in one piece, I'll be signing on sometime Friday or Saturday (unless I find an internet connection).

Play nice now!


GOOOOO FLYERS!
Good luck, drive safe, and have a blast!

CharlieGirl is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 12:50 AM
  #117
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
Good luck, drive safe, and have a blast!
...and take lot's of pics!

Have fun buddy.

Opus is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 01:09 AM
  #118
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Playing my first show tomorrow with my new band tomorrow night, in Philly.
Gonna be my first show in 2 years I believe? That is the longest I've gone without playing a show.

You guys should come out!
21+ sorrry.

dbr2 is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 02:03 AM
  #119
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
You can always count on Slats...


RANGERS GM SATHER POSTS US$1 MILLION BAIL FOR POCKLINGTON

Quote:
RIVERSIDE, Calif. - Glen Sather, the president and general manager of the New York Rangers, posted US$1 million bail for Peter Pocklington in a California courtroom Friday.

Thom Mrozek, a public affairs officer for the U.S. Attorney's Office, said Pocklington would be released from custody sometime Friday evening.

"He's getting out on bond," said Mrozek. "This guy posted it for him, named Glen Sather."

Mrozek said there are conditions attached.

"He'll be subject to home detention, which is sometimes called house arrest, and he'll be subject to electronic monitoring. They put some sort of device on you, some bracelet or something to make sure you don't leave, essentially."

Mrozek said he wasn't sure if Pocklington was ordered to surrender his passport but thought it was very likely.

The former owner of the Edmonton Oilers is scheduled for trial May 5 on two charges of bankruptcy fraud.

Sather was the head coach of the Oilers while Pocklington owned the team.

Click link for full article

Opus is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 05:11 AM
  #120
JagerPuck
Registered User
 
JagerPuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the 215
Country: United States
Posts: 2,588
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JagerPuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr2 View Post
Playing my first show tomorrow with my new band tomorrow night, in Philly.
Gonna be my first show in 2 years I believe? That is the longest I've gone without playing a show.

You guys should come out!
21+ sorrry.
Where?

JagerPuck is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 06:14 AM
  #121
Chuck Downie
Berube is Chief
 
Chuck Downie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlottetown
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,071
vCash: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Hole Sun View Post
I managed to snap the pick just as the chickadee jumped in the air to take off. Apparently that's what it looks like.


Besides that, this'll be my last message for probably a week. I'm leaving in 7 1/2 hours for Trail/Creston BC for Provincial hockey championships. I'm looking at a 7 hour drive on a crappy highway (Hwy #3 for those in the know) in crappy conditions by myself. My only regrets are not watching BSG when I got home today (DVR'd) and not finding red hair dye (not the ginger-kid in a box red, more of an offensive one).

Provided it make it there and back in one piece, I'll be signing on sometime Friday or Saturday (unless I find an internet connection).

Play nice now!


GOOOOO FLYERS!
Good luck! Drive safely.

Chuck Downie is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 07:20 AM
  #122
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!
 
DeadPhish5858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: the Shade
Country: United States
Posts: 13,476
vCash: 200
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Geez i havent been on here in 2 days and we're on a new OT thread 5 pages deep. I dont feel like going back and reading it all.

DeadPhish5858 is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 09:01 AM
  #123
Opus
Registered User
 
Opus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Tonights games and predictions (orange = win)...

Blue Jackets vs. Blackhawks
Kings vs. Canucks
2/2 - Woot!

------------------------------------------


Todays games and predictions...

Islanders vs. Bruins
Rangers vs. Flyers
Red Wings vs. Blues
Senators vs. Penguins
Thrashers vs. Sabres
Flames vs. Maple Leafs
Devils vs. Canadiens
Hurricanes vs. Capitals
Lightning vs. Panthers
Wild vs. Stars
Avalanche vs. Oilers
Predators vs. Coyotes
Kings vs. Sharks

Opus is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 10:05 AM
  #124
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,880
vCash: 500
Quote:
Hockey's Future Radio
The only web radio station dedicated to hockey news covering the WHL, QMJHL, AHL, OHL, College, The NHL Entry Draft, and All Junior Hockey. Listen to HF Radio live Thursdays from 9:00 - 10:00 PM EST
Found a defunct link on an ad somewhere. HF had a radio show?

ilovetheflyers8 is offline  
Old
03-14-2009, 10:36 AM
  #125
Hollywood Couturier
Moderator
 
Hollywood Couturier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 19,880
vCash: 500
God i love this man....


__________________

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Hollywood Couturier is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.