HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Question regarding amateur leagues..

Old
03-13-2009, 07:09 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Question regarding amateur leagues..

Hey all. So I was recently looking around the site and realized that there is a new league, the EPHL (Eastern Pro Hockey League) operating out of my home rink (talk about some crappy promotion...didn't even know it.) Anyway, I realize that is being called a "pro" league but I think it's more of an amateur/semi pro type league.
Anyway, could anyone sum up the skill level of these leagues? I have never seen an "amateur" game and was curious as to how it compared to other games. I'm playing beer league now when I'm home from school and intramurals while I'm at school, but it's definitely a significant level of play down from where I'd like to be playing... I'm wondering if a league like this is a possibility for a player like myself, or if the level of play is more on par with a crappy DI team (which is definitely above my level...I would say that I could play on an average DIII team maybe, but nothing more)...
Beer leagues are fun and all, but is there any hope for competitive hockey after college? If not, I guess I'll have to live, but I'm looking for something a bit more. Anyway, I figure you fellas are far more knowledgeable on this issue than myself and was wondering if you could shed some info. I just want to play some good hockey for as long as possible and would love to get re-involved.Thanks in advance everyone!

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 09:23 PM
FrancoRussianAlaskan
Liter-a-cola

The EPHL is pro but the Hudson Valley team was a last second throw together. This explains their roster turnover, lack of promotion, and poor record. All players are being paid and its likely that the Bears wont return. There are moderate to great D-III players who go on to play in this league and players who were pretty good to really good in leagues like the AJHL and EJHL who are playing there. I'd say its below the SPHL and about high D-III or a little higher only you get paid.

FrancoRussianAlaskan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 02:50 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Thank you very much Ky, I saw that the team had like 100 players or something insane play for them (Hudson Valley that is) which I was wondering about. I think I could probably make one of these teams, but would probably not get any playing time, which would then be pretty pointless...but in any case, thanks for the information, I always wondered about a league such as this.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote