HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers 1:00pm MSG(HD)

Old
03-15-2009, 12:14 AM
ArmchairGM

vCash: 500
The only goal that probably should have been stopped was Asham's. He seemed way to deep in his net, but thats also the way he plays.

ArmchairGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 10:20 AM
KeepersDome

67.6 Disallowed Goal - A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck with his hand into the net. A goal cannot be scored by an attacking player who bats or directs the puck and it is deflected into the net off any player, goalkeeper or official. When the puck enters the net on a clear deflection off a glove, the goal shall be allowed.

KeepersDome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:09 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I agree with you here. So why the hell should we not go for it?

Remember the Oilers going to the SC finals? No one took them as real contenders, yet they took it to 7 games. Why can't we?
The Rangers might get lucky and go far as the Oilers did, but you don't seem to be considering what happens next.

And where did the Oilers go the two season following that run? Two playoff misses, just as they missed the playoffs in two of the three years preceding that run. They are sub-.500 again this year and are struggling - once again - to make the playoffs.

In 1997 the Rangers had a great run, too, and we know what came next: years of misery. Part of the reason for that misery is that good runs can build a false understanding of how good your team is, just as it did with those Blueshirt teams.

This team needs to be rebuilt. A lucky run won't change that fact, and years of mediocrity in exchange for a single good, long run are not satisfying for me as a fan.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:14 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
The Flyers just have a lot of forwards with talent and goal scoring ability.
And more on the way. JVR aside, Giroux looks to be shaping into a career Ranger-killer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
The thing that Henrik Lundqvist should be most sad about is that he never gets to face the Rangers.
He'd be a Vezina winner in that case.

Old
03-15-2009, 11:20 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmchairGM View Post
The only goal that probably should have been stopped was Asham's. He seemed way to deep in his net, but thats also the way he plays.
Both Asham's goals were stoppable. So called Point blank shot went by far post, not on short side. He should throw the left pad, Asham could not lift it anyway. Second Asham's goal went into famous Lundy's hole above the glove.
We might be on the bottom of the standing chart should we trade the goalie with Totonto. But we would have won yesterday should we have traded the goalies with the opponent. Biron was what Lundqvist use to be for us. We do not have good forwards. We MUST have goalie to stand on his head or we're out. That is why I do not appreciate Lundqvist good play. I want him to be outstanding whether it is fair or not. That is simply because this team cannot win otherwise. I do not blame our only G, like many say here. I am just disappointed he is okay. I need him to be great. He could be. The rest of the team cannot.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:25 AM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
The Rangers might get lucky and go far as the Oilers did, but you don't seem to be considering what happens next.

And where did the Oilers go the two season following that run? Two playoff misses, just as they missed the playoffs in two of the three years preceding that run. They are sub-.500 again this year and are struggling - once again - to make the playoffs.

In 1997 the Rangers had a great run, too, and we know what came next: years of misery. Part of the reason for that misery is that good runs can build a false understanding of how good your team is, just as it did with those Blueshirt teams.

This team needs to be rebuilt. A lucky run won't change that fact, and years of mediocrity in exchange for a single good, long run are not satisfying for me as a fan.
I dunno Dedalus, I see where you're coming from and all, but the Oilers came 1, one single game from winning the Cup. I'd take that for a playoff-less season or two.

Sure, I'd like for us to be more like Detroit or even the Debs, as far as perpetual team strength goes... but the Rangers are not an elite team. And that will not change until Sather steps down.

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 01:04 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
Sure, I'd like for us to be more like Detroit or even the Debs, as far as perpetual team strength goes... but the Rangers are not an elite team. And that will not change until Sather steps down.
Sad to say, it might not change until the DOLANS step down.