HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

[NYR/TOR] Antropov to Rangers for 2nd + conditional 2010 pick

Old
03-15-2009, 04:54 PM
FLYLine24*

vCash: 500
That shot today was a pure snipe shot, now idea how he got that through. Thing of beauty, and two of his goals with us have been like that. VERY happy with his so far, as I thought I would be.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:56 PM
God
Free Citizen

Well I can say that Wellwood has definitely cooled down and sunken back into his inconsistency, but he's a wizard with the puck and things haven't really been going his way lately. Like the Leafs fans said, tons of skill, just can't put it together.

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:58 PM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Well I can say that Wellwood has definitely cooled down and sunken back into his inconsistency, but he's a wizard with the puck and things haven't really been going his way lately. Like the Leafs fans said, tons of skill, just can't put it together.
Good. I haven't heard his name in a LONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
That shot today was a pure snipe shot, now idea how he got that through. Thing of beauty, and two of his goals with us have been like that. VERY happy with his so far, as I thought I would be.
He has an awesome shot, always has.

mapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 12:53 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Well I've had discussion on that before. The main argument for that seems to be Nagy, who had 2 prior seasons of elite point production to back up his earning of a first. Something Antropov doesn't have. Another is Zubrus, who got a low first from the president trophy winning Sabres. He put up better numbers then than Antropov has now and was arguably was better at the time than Antro is now.
GM's don't excusively at past numbers and Nagy in the year he was traded to Dallas wasn't even close to playing as well as Antropov is this season.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 02:40 PM
HSF

Burke got robbed here

look at what Recchi and Vermie got then look at what Antropov got

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 02:46 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSF View Post
Burke got robbed here

look at what Recchi and Vermie got then look at what Antropov got
The lightning gave up a second round pick in the deal as well though, and Ottawa took a big contract back in Leclaire, ignoring the fact that Vermette wasn't a RFA. Not really a fair comparison.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Highbrow
Alfie, Alfie, Alfie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabo84 View Post
The lightning gave up a second round pick in the deal as well though, and Ottawa took a big contract back in Leclaire, ignoring the fact that Vermette wasn't a RFA. Not really a fair comparison.
The Vermette deal aside as you're right, he's still signed next year, I gotta think the Lightning landing Lashoff/Karsums is better than the second rounder the Leafs got, despite the Lightning giving up a second (likely 31-34). Plus, I'm betting Antropov does more for the Rangers than Recchi does for the Bruins (probably means you'll get that conditional pick).

Highbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 03:57 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
The Vermette deal aside as you're right, he's still signed next year, I gotta think the Lightning landing Lashoff/Karsums is better than the second rounder the Leafs got, despite the Lightning giving up a second (likely 31-34). Plus, I'm betting Antropov does more for the Rangers than Recchi does for the Bruins (probably means you'll get that conditional pick).
Yeah, I mean I agree that the Rangers got a good deal. At the same time, I'm glad Burke didn't give up a second round pick in the trade as well.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseOAK View Post
GM's don't excusively at past numbers and Nagy in the year he was traded to Dallas wasn't even close to playing as well as Antropov is this season.
When he got traded, he led his team in scoring, and had similar point/game production as Antro, and had the prior 2 seasons of elite point production. If Antro had proven he can put up big numbers in the prior seasons, he'd have fetched a first. Antropov hasn't exactly played well this whole season either, he's been hot and cold. Even called out by his GM.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 06:08 PM
mooseOAK*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
When he got traded, he led his team in scoring, and had similar point/game production as Antro, and had the prior 2 seasons of elite point production. If Antro had proven he can put up big numbers in the prior seasons, he'd have fetched a first. Antropov hasn't exactly played well this whole season either, he's been hot and cold. Even called out by his GM.
Okay, stats boy. I couldn't care less what the relative statistics were for the two players and since I live in California I got to see Nagy play and he wasn't even close to being as effective.

Antropov had a slump after learning that he wouldn't be re-signed by the Leafs when his home and family is in Toronto and he played there all of his pro career. Big deal.

Sather gets a great deal and Burke got burned by being a seller in a slumping market. That's all that happened.

mooseOAK* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 09:39 PM
javier

Please Toronto waited until the very last moment to get what they got for Antropov, lets face it that's all they could get in this new market.

javier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 09:41 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

I love the way Antropov has been with the Rangers, I hope they re-signs he seems to fit in extremely well.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 01:36 AM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
then he can't play without Poni.
It seems to me Antropov was holding Poni back. 9 points in 6 games since the TDL? NYR traded for the wrong tower.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 02:18 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Can we PLEASE stop talking about how Dallas gave up a 1st for Ladislav ****ing Nagy?

I still have nightmares!

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 02:21 AM
Blades of Glory
Troll Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Can we PLEASE stop talking about how Dallas gave up a 1st for Ladislav ****ing Nagy?

I still have nightmares!
Nagy was such a beast for the Stars. He was so good, I don't even know where he is now.

Blades of Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Shark Staal
Woah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
It seems to me Antropov was holding Poni back. 9 points in 6 games since the TDL? NYR traded for the wrong tower.
I think we got the right guy. 5 goals as a Ranger since the deadline.

Shark Staal is offline   Reply With Quote