Notices

Caps @ Thrashers Hell Week Begins

Closed Thread

Old
03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
hmm surprisingly, Little didn't even have a SOG. Glad to see other people step up when needed. Enstrom has been great (2 Gs and 5a in the month of March).
Bogosian has been great he is riding a 4 game point streak and he had 4+ shots in all those games.
Salmela has looked great in his first 2 games.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post
Wow. I came here to say congrats and amazing game by ATL, but that comment is despicable.
So I guess you didn't read the follow up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaSportsFan View Post
Sorry i got a little too frustrated with him. If he pulls something in the 3rd and trys to take out our players, then someone needs to take him out and end the Caps playoff hopes. Not like a cheapshot but like a huge hit like one that Campbell did on Umberger

Old
03-16-2009, 10:04 PM
The Sneak

Ovechkin did nothing wrong. Not one thing. It's called stepping up when no one else on his team would. Leading by example. His team was in the middle of laying a gigantic egg in a game they should win. He's not going to fight anyone, nor should he, to get a spark going. He'd just take himself off the ice for 5 minutes and that's dumb. So he spent a shift hustling and hitting anything near the puck. It was awesome.

The Caps took us lightly tonight. They thought all they had to do was show up and they'd get two points. Someone should kick their advance scout in the ass because we're playing some very good hockey right now. They mailed it in and we postmarked their butts.

Now let's go kick Pittsburgh around.

Fear the Spoiler!

Old
03-16-2009, 10:16 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Ovechkin did nothing wrong. Not one thing. It's called stepping up when no one else on his team would. ...
I really do agree, for the most part. But either he was trying a bit too hard, or he really does have a mean streak, but he did leave his feet on one of the hits (Reasoner?) and he often leads with his stick. Still, he's an unbelievable player. I'm just glad we shut him down on the scoreboard since we apparently couldn't answer his hits with some nice hits of our own.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
I came over to congradulate you folks for your record 6 wins in row, and on the heals of the great Washington Capitals to boot.. We (CBJ) have been stopped at four games in a row 7 times over the last three years...

You guys have taken a ton of crap since getting swept in your first playoff appearance, I pray we do better.

Super night for you folks!

Old
03-16-2009, 10:21 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

Just got back from the game. One of the better crowds I've seen at Philips, even though alot of the people were Caps fans.

Props to Salmela for getting his first career goal and Lehtonen for setting a new career high in saves, even though he lost the shutout.

Great game overall for the Thrashers, hopefully they can carry this momentum into next year too.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangethrasher View Post
he did leave his feet on one of the hits (Reasoner?) and he often leads with his stick.
I did not like the Reasoner hit for those two reasons. People try to compare him with Scott Stevens, but Stevens led with his shoulder...he would throw it right in your jaw.

I love the energy and physicality he has, but I think he sometimes goes over the line on his hits.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:22 PM
orangethrasher
Blue in ex-Blueland

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sneak View Post
Fear the Spoiler!
I hope you don't mind that I stole your quote

Old
03-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

If you see the post-game, Anderson comments on Anssi's post-goal 'demeanor' after he scored his 1st NHL goal.. hilarious.

Salmela sounds like a funny character.

Old
03-16-2009, 10:36 PM
ARS

I can't believe there were actually trade talks involving Lehtonen earlier in the year, the guy's a beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
A couple of weird facts

The Thrashers are undefeated since my son was born, and since the "fan protest" game.

Congratulations on your kid!

Old
03-16-2009, 11:16 PM
Killiecrankie*

Pittsburgh fan here, have to say I was really impressed by your club tonight. Played great, even without Kovy which was a good thing to see. People laughing about the Hossa deal and "no return" don't realize the type of hockey player Colby Armstrong is; you win cups with players that bring what he does to the rink. Armstrong has impressed me all season on center ice. Good goal keeping, playing well as a team, good to see.

It should be a tough match tomorrow for the Penguins but I sincerely hope your ownership issues get worked out so you can ice a contender and shut up all the "hockey doesn't belong in Atlanta" crowd (we had them saying that about pittsburgh too...). Good luck the rest of this year and next year and lets hope for a good well played game tomorrow night.

Should be a good test for both teams.

Old
03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

OH man, theres goes the Shutout..

This has to be on the top of the list of one of the better Thrashers games in recent memory.

Loved the Kari chant at the end...

Old
03-17-2009, 12:07 AM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I did not like the Reasoner hit for those two reasons. People try to compare him with Scott Stevens, but Stevens led with his shoulder...he would throw it right in your jaw.

I love the energy and physicality he has, but I think he sometimes goes over the line on his hits.
Agreed. Crosby mentioned the same thing when asked about Ovechkin, but somehow if Sid says it he's a whiner..

Old
03-17-2009, 12:37 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Thoughts from tonight:

* Philips was empty tonight. I could yell from one side of the rink and my friend on the other side could hear me. Without use of a bullhorn.

* Ovechkin was something else. He was just waiting for a puck to get to him so he could try to pot his 50th here. Lehtonen stoned him every time. I hope he gets his milestone, but I'm happy he didn't do it here.

* The lone goal Washington scored wasn't on any of our defenders. Armstrong had a chance to clear the puck out of the zone, but didn't. That allowed the play to continue until the heartbreaking moment.

* The group I was with was one of the first groups to start the Kari chant. His play was downright impressive tonight. D-wad better be on the phone with Kari's agent talking contract extension right now, because his stock just shot way up. One goal on FIFTY shots? .980 SV%. Fear Kari Letnonein.

* Something about Theodore didn't look right. Whenever all the players would clear the ice for the ice girls to clean up, Theodore stayed behind and did stretches. He either wasn't loose enough or might have an injury of some sort. Lucky break for us, of course.

Big thanks to all the other fans who stopped by this thread to congratulate the team. We're thankful that we finally got that five-game-streak monkey off our back. Looking forward to tomorrow night.

Hopefully, none of our players are sexually assaulted this time.

Old
03-17-2009, 01:06 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Well everyone, get to dancing in the streets- 6 game winning streak, emergence of Bogosian, Peverley, Little, and Stuart, no Thrashers records held by Holik anymore (aside from thickest skull in franchise history), and a good pick in a solid draft. Who else thinks next season is going to be awesome?

Old
03-17-2009, 01:46 AM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Who else thinks next season is going to be awesome?
The more we win, the more optimistic I become. This could prove to be disheartening in the long run, but I'm really looking forward to next year, when games like this might actually matter.

Old
03-17-2009, 01:48 AM
CapNdetroit

Way to embarass me in front of my RedWings fans boys... The windmill save by Let-one(and only one)-in was sick.... Heres hoping you continue the streak through the Wings game later in the week

Congrats.

Closed Thread