HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Pierre McGuire

Old
03-17-2009, 07:10 AM
RushDP

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamboni Goon View Post
I have to come to his defense here. There seems to be quite a bit of Pierre-bashing on these boards and I must say I really do enjoy his insights and opinions when he's on Melnik in the afternoon. Ignoring his modest career in the NHL, I do think he's found his niche in broadcast. He is very knowledgeable, and well connected amongst GM's, coaches and players, so he gives a very different perspective on the game that the ordinary fan (like myself) doesn't have access to. His passion about the game is very contagious, maybe overwhelming at times, but as Montrealers there is no shortage bleu blanc and rouge mania here.
It's true, recently his comments on the habs have been hard to swallow at times, but lets face it, when you have a sellout Bell center crowd boo-ing the team off the ice you can be sure that many of the fans do somewhat agree with him.
Anyways, that's my 2 cents. I am an avid reader of these boards but I don't post on here too often. I just felt I should share that I do try to catch him on the radio as often as possible (which is no easy task from Budapest) and I do appreciate what he has to offer.
I listen to Pierre with Melnick almost everyday because I'm able to in the car. I agree that he does bring some entertainment value because he is plugged in. Where I disagree is the reference to the fans boo-ing and therefore supporting Pierre's comments.

Pierre went on a rant and unloaded on Gainey the day Carbo got fired BEFORE the games which we lost and the fans boo-ed. He brought up every single thing he hasn't liked over the past years that Gainey did completely ignoring all the good things he did. That day Pierre was no better than the posters here that claim BG is the worst GM of all time. Pierre said "it wasn't me that brought Latendresse up too early" like it was relevant to Carbo's firing? Lats isn't even playing and was playing well before he got hurt so he is hardly the cause of our problems.

Pierre has since distanced himself from those attacks which he continued the next day although somewhat less. Even he could see that he was being ridiculous.

It would be very interesting to see how he'd react if they went on a tear. The Pens and the Rags each had a coaching change followed by losses and then went on a win streak. If we follow that trend and win 6-7 in a row like the Pens are doing it would be interesting to hear him say it wasn't the coaching change.

RushDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
PJ Stock is neither a journalist or entertainer.

He is a failed hockey goon. That's all.
lol He was a goon. But he has a brain and he's doing a great job at what he's doing whatever qualifications he has or he doesn't have. He works in communication and he's a natural at it.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote