HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev will be back tonight, Tanguay may be out

Old
03-17-2009, 12:04 PM
TrueHabsFan

vCash: 500
First of all in D'agostini`s first season he on pace to beat Latendresses 16 goal totals for his last two years. Secondly, Dags and Pacioretty havent been forced down our throats like the media and Carbo did with Latendresse. We benched a 30 goal scorer in Michael Ryder so we can play that bum. Thirdly, Latendresse has been a healthy scratch the past two games. Welcome to the Gainey regime. If Guillaume was that important to our team, he would have played the last two games( we were another forward short in Kovalev). He was a healthy scratch. If Tanguay plays tonight, then he sits. Read between the lines people.

As for those who say that he played well with Lapierre, go look at the last 10 games Guillaume played with him. 2 goals, 0 assists, -5. Startling numbers. Incredible talent. Exactly what we need to spark our offense. The guy got hurt skating for a puck. He is a clutz. He cant hit to cause a turnover, he hits when the play is over. He stays on the ice too long, he runs around like a chicken without a head. He cant score on the power-play. He cant deke an opposing defender. Oh but i forgot, he shoots like Pierre Dagenais so we keep him on the team.

When your team comes out and publicly states that they sent you for skating lessons at 21 years old, i am sorry, but that indicates that there is a problem. Look the fact of the matter is, Pacioretty, and Dags have much more upside to them, are better players, and if Sergei didnt have an attitude problem he would be playing instead of all three of these guys. Guillaume is at the bottom of the ladder, and i beleive he wont be signed to a contract next year.

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:07 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints96 View Post
thats super!
I know im wasting my time with you because you made it clear that you dont like Latendresse but as a 19 year old, he score 16 goals while not being on the PP and playing mostly on the 4th line. D'Ago and Pacioretty have had all the opportunities as rookies that Lats didnt have and it looks like both wnt even reach 16 goals this year combined.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueHabsFan View Post
First of all in D'agostini`s first season he on pace to beat Latendresses 16 goal totals for his last two years. Secondly, Dags and Pacioretty havent been forced down our throats like the media and Carbo did with Latendresse. We benched a 30 goal scorer in Michael Ryder so we can play that bum.
no we didn't. Ryder got himself benched with lazy, uninspired and even worse, unproductive play.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
First of all in D'agostini`s first season he on pace to beat Latendresses 16 goal totals for his last two years. Secondly, Dags and Pacioretty havent been forced down our throats like the media and Carbo did with Latendresse. We benched a 30 goal scorer in Michael Ryder so we can play that bum. Thirdly, Latendresse has been a healthy scratch the past two games. Welcome to the Gainey regime. If Guillaume was that important to our team, he would have played the last two games( we were another forward short in Kovalev). He was a healthy scratch. If Tanguay plays tonight, then he sits. Read between the lines people.
Latendresse was not cleared to play until today.... He was not a healthy scratch. He may have been practicing but he was not cleared to play. Even cleared to play does not mean he is 100%. Tanguay practiced for two weeks before he was cleared to play... does that mean he was a healthy scratch for the Buffalo and Atlanta games??

Quote:
As for those who say that he played well with Lapierre, go look at the last 10 games Guillaume played with him. 2 goals, 0 assists, -5. Startling numbers. Incredible talent. Exactly what we need to spark our offense. The guy got hurt skating for a puck. He is a clutz. He cant hit to cause a turnover, he hits when the play is over. He stays on the ice too long, he runs around like a chicken without a head. He cant score on the power-play. He cant deke an opposing defender. Oh but i forgot, he shoots like Pierre Dagenais so we keep him on the team.

When your team comes out and publicly states that they sent you for skating lessons at 21 years old, i am sorry, but that indicates that there is a problem. Look the fact of the matter is, Pacioretty, and Dags have much more upside to them, are better players, and if Sergei didnt have an attitude problem he would be playing instead of all three of these guys. Guillaume is at the bottom of the ladder, and i beleive he wont be signed to a contract next year.
LMAO at the bolded part.... that is pure hating on a player. I'm glad you arent the one running the team.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:28 PM
TrueHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacioretty67 View Post
Latendresse was not cleared to play until today.... He was not a healthy scratch. He may have been practicing but he was not cleared to play. Even cleared to play does not mean he is 100%. Tanguay practiced for two weeks before he was cleared to play... does that mean he was a healthy scratch for the Buffalo and Atlanta games??

LMAO at the bolded part.... that is pure hating on a player. I'm glad you arent the one running the team.
Yes he was a healthy scratch. And yes he was cleared to play. Read the interviews.

TrueHabsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:31 PM
zx81

OMG my comment transformed this thread in yet another Lats bashing fest.

Lats certainly can help this incredibly soft and unproductive lineup.

I don't see what Pac,Stewart and Dags have all done to deserve a spot over Lats.

MaxPac hasn't scored in his last...err 21 or 22 games.
Imagine if it was Lats...ouch. There would be 4 threads about it.

Dags hasn't scored in hist last 14 and he is -14.

Stewart fights but that's about it.

Dandenault should play D.

zx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:33 PM
MathMan

Why, oh why does Latendresse induces so much nonsensical, irrational hatred?

It certainly isn't his play...

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
zx81

Quote:
Yes he was a healthy scratch. And yes he was cleared to play. Read the interviews.
He was an healthy scratch but we also lost both games.
Let's keep this fantastic lineup intact.
We don't want to break this formidable chemistry.

Hfboarders and Gainey...same breed.
Can't wait for Gainey to resign in April.

Old
03-17-2009, 12:40 PM
zx81

BTW it's now official: Tanguay won't play tonight.
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/271317.html

Old
03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Cleared to play and 100% Healthy are still two different things.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:46 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
BTW it's now official: Tanguay won't play tonight.
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/271317.html
Anybody else starting to think this is some kind of curse?

Why is it never Greg Stewart or Mathieu Dandenault or Patrice Brisebois getting the flu?

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Next Best Thing*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Anybody else starting to think this is some kind of curse?

Why is it never Greg Stewart or Mathieu Dandenault or Patrice Brisebois getting the flu?
well because they are THAT useless, minus Stewart

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 12:54 PM
Magic33

Man i know its not his fault that he has the flu, but Tanguay continually disappoints me. I just want to see this guy healthy and in the lineup full time! Is that to much to ask!?!

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 01:37 PM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
well because they are THAT useless, minus Stewart
this

VAN-HAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 03:48 PM
Born in 1909
Vive la France!

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Hopefully he comes back soon because the Habs really suck offensively without him.
Kovy has the power in his hands to burn the house down

I hope he can find it

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 04:20 PM
Santino

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
I know im wasting my time with you because you made it clear that you dont like Latendresse but as a 19 year old, he score 16 goals while not being on the PP and playing mostly on the 4th line. D'Ago and Pacioretty have had all the opportunities as rookies that Lats didnt have and it looks like both wnt even reach 16 goals this year combined.
i believe in fatendresse

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Kafka

Quote:

You are aware that Latendresse is six months YOUNGER than D'Agostini? Having such a young experience player is valuable for this team.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 04:27 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by zx81 View Post
OMG my comment transformed this thread in yet another Lats bashing fest.

Lats certainly can help this incredibly soft and unproductive lineup.

I don't see what Pac,Stewart and Dags have all done to deserve a spot over Lats.

MaxPac hasn't scored in his last...err 21 or 22 games.
Imagine if it was Lats...ouch. There would be 4 threads about it.

Dags hasn't scored in hist last 14 and he is -14.

Stewart fights but that's about it.

Dandenault should play D.

True but Lats is also in his 3rd full season in this league,D'agostini didn't even play 50 games in the NHL

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote