HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

5 HR ENEGRY Canes vs Ovechkin & the PIPS!

Old
03-14-2009, 10:12 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
The one shootout where Leighton played it looked like a salmon flopping around on the ice. The opposing team totally victimized him.

vwg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:16 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
The one shootout where Leighton played it looked like a salmon flopping around on the ice. The opposing team totally victimized him. I think Cam should just rush out at guys and try the two pad stack like Irbe.

Speaking of Irbe, how hilarious would it have been to see him play in the SO.
The opposing team had just came back from a 5-1 deficit in the 3rd. I don't think they were going to let a shootout stop them.

Not sure what to do about Ward. He seems to wait for the opponent to make a move, but then he either:

A. Bites on the first move and completely leaves himself open.
B. Realizes too late that there's not going to be a move and watches as a shot slips through.

Can't really complain though. He's improved, in that before he couldn't stop breakaways or shootouts. At least he fixed the breakaway problem.

Blueline Bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Caniac4ever
Gleason 4 Norris

vCash: 2400
Having been at the Philly game to witness the fainting goat move by Leighton, I can honestly say that I hope I never have to see him in there for another one...

I guess I'm very happy with the one point earned tonight. Yes, we should have had two with the pp in overtime, but to make it to that point of the game was wonderful. I'l be alot harder on the team if they come out and look like they did tonight after they've had a few days off.

Staal's line was putting out a very good effort... Rosie and the Wizard had a very good game. And just once, I wish someone would flatten that annoying number 8...

Caniac4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:28 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

Didn't watch the game, but looking at the stats, was Whitney playing with Staal and Cole?

Tank King Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:38 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

No, they just got caught on partial changes a few times that led to goals

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:46 PM
kingmoore

Nice to see us come back and get a point. Washington has great skill and are a treat to watch so long as they aren't beating us badly.

kingmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 10:50 PM
Tank King Jimmy
DO LESS BETTER

in four games against Carolina this season, Semin has six goals and seven assists, he's scoring at a 3ppg pace

Tank King Jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-14-2009, 11:08 PM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Semin owns us, no doubt.

Old
03-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Half our row was ejected after a caps fan fell through the seats down the entire section. That is all.

03-15-2009, 02:52 AM
nautikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleCooper View Post
Half our row was ejected after a caps fan fell through the seats down the entire section. That is all.
Section 421?

nautikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 03:11 AM
Jack Herer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautikal View Post
Section 421?
Oh damn, I was just one section away, in 420. I didn't see what happened.

DaleCooper, elaborate? I'm interested in hearing this. When did it happen?

Jack Herer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:21 AM
JustJoe2k5
Semin - Coach Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caniac4ever View Post
Having been at the Philly game to witness the fainting goat move by Leighton, I can honestly say that I hope I never have to see him in there for another one...
We've actually already seen him in another shootout since that one; it was against one of the best teams in the NHL, on their home ice, and we came out on top against the Sharks.

JustJoe2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 12:48 PM
WoodGundy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sam View Post
I'll look at the bright side of this one. 30 minutes ago Buffalo and Florida each had 3-1 third period leads at home against 2 of the worst 3 teams in the league and each lost in the shootout while Carolina was down 4-2 on the road to one of the best.
We're used to this going the other way.

Carolina had arguably the toughest opponent, on the road and no ground was lost in the playoff chase. That makes the night a success.

WoodGundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 01:24 PM
UnPLEASED Anton

According to sportsclubstats:

Eastern Conference Playoff Chances
Hurricanes +5.8% Rangers -5.5%

after last night

UnPLEASED Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 04:55 PM
What the Faulk
The Real Swede Shady

Problem is, the Rangers just gained that back with their win over the Flyers.

What the Faulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 07:39 PM
caniacgirl12

Send a message via AIM to caniacgirl12 Send a message via MSN to caniacgirl12
Quote:
When I got that text, I almost died laughing. Sounds like amazing awesomeness. Details are needed though.

03-15-2009, 10:59 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Yes, I was in 421. I was the guy in the Samsonov jersey that those guys were giving hell to since the moment I stepped foot into the stands. So basically, there was this group of like 4 guys sitting on the other end of our row in the upper deck near the top of the section. They were absolutely SMASHED and one of them, who was probably attending his first hockey game, was absolutely furious that opposing fans were in his section. He had me to his left, a Florida fan directly in front of him, and then some Devils fans a few rows down. About halfway through the first period I hear a bunch of thumping sounds and a lot of yelling and turn my head just in time to see one of his buddies tumbling airborn down the entire length of the section. Not on the stairs, but through seats, bouncing off of and over people. I really thought he might go over the edge and into the lower bowl. I think he pissed off some guy he landed on at the bottom, because it looked like there was quite a commotion going on down there, and then the usher came up and removed the entire group, leaving our row half empty. It was pretty amazing.

Gotta Catch Em Staal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 12:07 AM
GIN ANTONIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caner Soze View Post
Semin owns us, no doubt.
Russians own Cam is pretty much what it comes down to. Kovalchuk destroys him pretty regularly too.

GIN ANTONIC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 12:09 AM
vwg*
Scoring Not Allowed

Quote:
Yes, I was in 421. I was the guy in the Samsonov jersey that those guys were giving hell to since the moment I stepped foot into the stands. So basically, there was this group of like 4 guys sitting on the other end of our row in the upper deck near the top of the section. They were absolutely SMASHED and one of them, who was probably attending his first hockey game, was absolutely furious that opposing fans were in his section. He had me to his left, a Florida fan directly in front of him, and then some Devils fans a few rows down. About halfway through the first period I hear a bunch of thumping sounds and a lot of yelling and turn my head just in time to see one of his buddies tumbling airborn down the entire length of the section. Not on the stairs, but through seats, bouncing off of and over people. I really thought he might go over the edge and into the lower bowl. I think he pissed off some guy he landed on at the bottom, because it looked like there was quite a commotion going on down there, and then the usher came up and removed the entire group, leaving our row half empty. It was pretty amazing.
Sounds like Tucker Max made it to another hockey game.

Old
03-16-2009, 12:11 AM
nautikal

Quote:
Oh, so no one you were with was ejected then? That's good. My seats are in 420 and I saw some people in the concourse getting ejected after the first period. Then there was another fight in 421 after the game I think between two Caps fans.

nautikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-16-2009, 12:26 AM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

Nah, I was doing plenty of yelling and ribbing them a bit, but nothing hostile. When I walked out to the concourse after that half the people in that area stopped me to either apologize for those guys or make fun of them. It was a good time.

Old
03-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Gotta Catch Em Staal
The Red Scare of '14

My pictures from the Verizon Center road trip: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jhawkin...7615506917362/