HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

The Official New York State High School Hockey Thread

Old
09-08-2008, 05:37 PM
TheSchwab

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to TheSchwab
The Official New York State High School Hockey Thread

Welcome, from my experiences on the Rangers and Sabres boards, we have quite a few former and current NYSHSHA players. I made this thread incase any discussion about our old high school glory days wanted to take place, or if current or former players wanted to talk about the current season (I have a younger brother playing still).

So let it go. Introduce yourself and such. I love talking about NYSHSH because I had a ****ing great time and I will probobly never play at a higher level of competition then I did for my high school.

I was a New Hartford Spartan (Section 3) for 4 years. My notable accomplishments would be that I was apart of the team that ended Clinton's unbeaten in league streak (something like 55 straight wins, one tie to us as well). I was also an Assitant Captain (one of 5, no captain) senior year and made it to the Section 3 Final. I played my best game of my life in my senior year semi-final sectional game, and got laid because of it (I have no shame). I also won some team awards and such.

One thing that we all have in common is The Utica Aud, where the state championships are held. I usually work the games sellin programs and tshirts, so you might have actually seen or talked to me.

TheSchwab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

State Champs in 06-07!

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
sabrefan27

Played for the Irondequoit Indians/Eagles.

We had some good teams. We destroyed the Brockport team that won states in 02-03. We got upset early on in sectionals, but could have gone all the way.

Then in 04-05 we had the eventual state champs, McQuaid, down by a goal with seconds left in sectionals before giving up the tying goal and then losing in the shootout.

Could have had a couple state championships, but thats OK. It was fun and we were always good.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2008, 10:13 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Well Gong and Schwabby know my story. I played for the Clinton Warriors (Section 3) back in 96-99. Some great achievements, as Clinton is a well known hockey school (town) in Ny. Some of the best memories of my life were playing for the maroon and white, and I now coach at the youth level in Clinton.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2008, 10:49 AM
golden007

Is that the year McQuaid had an 8th grader in net, or was it the last year Sauer played HS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Played for the Irondequoit Indians/Eagles.

We had some good teams. We destroyed the Brockport team that won states in 02-03. We got upset early on in sectionals, but could have gone all the way.

Then in 04-05 we had the eventual state champs, McQuaid, down by a goal with seconds left in sectionals before giving up the tying goal and then losing in the shootout.

Could have had a couple state championships, but thats OK. It was fun and we were always good.

golden007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2008, 02:02 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden007 View Post
Is that the year McQuaid had an 8th grader in net, or was it the last year Sauer played HS?
Yeah, that was the year they had the 8th grader.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2009, 05:28 PM
The Blind Squirrel

Gongshow, you play for Mary's?

The Blind Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2009, 08:01 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I played travel for the Hudson Valley Polar Bears in 10th and 11th grade (2003, 2004) and then played for the FDR Presidents my Senior year. Definitely brought the fun back to hockey after playing on some teams where we fought more than played (though we had our fun moments also). I ended up playing 2nd line and PK for FDR and we had some real good players. We played the likes of John Jay and Arlington who were the two better teams in our league...I know both of these teams had a few great players. Arlington beat us in the semi finals of a 3 game set 2 games to 1. They were the heavy favorites, and we forced a shootout in the 3rd game which we ended up losing...a tough loss, but a great time nonetheless.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehitterquitter07 View Post
Gongshow, you play for Mary's?
Nah, I played for Monroe. Won D2 states. I heard New Hartford and Greece won today.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Corgidequebec

Congrats Spartans!

New Hartford '83 here...

Corgidequebec is offline   Reply With Quote