HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Warrior Curves

Old
03-17-2009, 07:31 PM
browntown

vCash: 500
Warrior Curves

Hi, im looking at getting a warrior shaft and i want to stick with warrior blades, cuz im just weird and things have to match. Right not im using a zetterbeg curve, i like it but have a hard time raising the puck, but i like it for passing.

I just wanted to know peoples opinions on the kovalev, draper and federov curves. I know the federov curve is similar to the zetterberg, thats my top choice right now, but im just wondering if the kovalev and draper sticks are easier to stickhandle with and how accurate of a shot can u get with them, i find that im sniping with the zetterberg curve, just can't get it up though.

thanks

browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Redden Hogalot*

I have the AK27 shaft with the Warrior Johnson Draper curve and I love it. The best stick I've ever used.

I've always had great hands and was always a pretty good passer but with the Draper curve I feel that my release is much quicker.

Redden Hogalot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 08:40 PM
1manband

Dolomite 2 with Kovalev blade.

started using it after a bauer XXX with a p106 pattern. I find the warrior so much better, has a more open curve, better release, so much whippier

my advice, get a similar curve to your original (Zetterberg), I got a stick with a different pattern once, big mistake. went back to my old heel curve after 2 months!

1manband is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Synergy27

I grew up using the Easton Shanahan pattern. I've always been more of a sniper type as opposed to a dangler and that pattern is perfect for that style. I had a hard time adapting to anything else once it was discontinued, and I was psyched to see a Shanahan pro stock AK27 blade finally available on hockey monkey. Of course, it's nothing like the old retail Easton Shanny and I still feel lost without it. Blade pattern really shouldn't have a big effect on your game, but I am having such a hard time finding the sweet spot on anything I use nowadays.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

i have a dolomite fedorov curve blade on a synthesis shaft. if you have problems lifting the puck, dont get that blade. its one of the straightest blades ive used. i dont have a problem lifting the puck, but with that blade, i do.

i have a ak27 draper curve (i think, cause it is painted over so i cant really tell but i looked at the blade patterns and it looks most similar. its definitely not a fedorov). i havent used it but it looks like the exact blade i like. its like in between a sakic(if you are fami and a fedorov. i havent got around to putting it on my ak27 shaft

edit: looking at the curves, i think the draper is a sakic(?).

Last edited by Gunnar Stahl 30: 03-17-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 10:25 PM
browntown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnar Stahl 30 View Post
i have a dolomite fedorov curve blade on a synthesis shaft. if you have problems lifting the puck, dont get that blade. its one of the straightest blades ive used. i dont have a problem lifting the puck, but with that blade, i do.

i have a ak27 draper curve (i think, cause it is painted over so i cant really tell but i looked at the blade patterns and it looks most similar. its definitely not a fedorov). i havent used it but it looks like the exact blade i like. its like in between a sakic(if you are fami and a fedorov. i havent got around to putting it on my ak27 shaft

edit: looking at the curves, i think the draper is a sakic(?).
ya the draper is a sakic i think, have u had any experience with the kovalev curve, and is it easy to receive passes and make them as well as stick handle with the draper.

browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown View Post
ya the draper is a sakic i think, have u had any experience with the kovalev curve, and is it easy to receive passes and make them as well as stick handle with the draper.
i have not had any experience with the kovalev. i havent used the draper but ive used the sakics and stick handling is fine same with recieving passes. making passes, depending on what you are used to, but it might take a little bit to get used, for saucer passes and normal passes. its not too bad though. i really like the sakic curve. i really dont like the fedorov

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 11:58 AM
RaoulDuke2k

I think the Kovalev blade is pretty long - don't know if you're into that.

RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:19 PM
94now

Draper is what you need. Same curve and lie, little more loft.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 04:37 PM
Mo Show

I have 3 Dolo's 1 Kronick and 1 syco. Dolo's hands down the best of the three.. Don't ever get the Kronik!!!

Anyways, All of them have the Kovalev curve. I love it. If you are having problems raising the puck try the Kovalev pattern.

Mo Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
RaoulDuke2k

what's wrong with the Kronik?

RaoulDuke2k is offline   Reply With Quote