HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

In a Big Funk~

Old
03-18-2009, 11:54 AM
PIMking

vCash: 500
In a Big Funk~

I haven't scored in 4 games. I am also having a hard time driving the net.

My teams last game we got destroyed and I'm the best player on the ice so I can open up some offense with my legs but I just have no legs. I really didn't feel like skating, I wasn't winded I just had no ambition to skate.

The worst part about my last game then the last 4 is I had 12 shots on goal monday night and couldn't bury a single puck. Most were in the chest of the goalie, Couple of posts and couple high and wides.

I just have no Idea how to break this funk. I think the energy thing is what is causing the problem.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Go to the rink, fire a couple of hundred shots from the slot, with or without goalie.

Aim top corner, crossbar, post, whatever. Don't quit until you hit three or five in a row exactly where you want them.

Skate until you throw up. Drink some water and get back out and skate more.

Love it.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 12:28 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

There are two schools of thought on this matter. 1) Force yourself and practice more and 2) take a little time off, even a few days can do a world of good. I personally embrace the second viewpoint and recommend you try it. However, if you can't do so, I recommend you try changing your style of play a little. If you're used to handling the puck a lot and being the first guy up, try hanging back a little and coming in as the third forward. Spend more time in the quiet areas, change up your game a little.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Tabascomj

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIMking View Post
I haven't scored in 4 games. I am also having a hard time driving the net.

My teams last game we got destroyed and I'm the best player on the ice so I can open up some offense with my legs but I just have no legs. I really didn't feel like skating, I wasn't winded I just had no ambition to skate.

The worst part about my last game then the last 4 is I had 12 shots on goal monday night and couldn't bury a single puck. Most were in the chest of the goalie, Couple of posts and couple high and wides.

I just have no Idea how to break this funk. I think the energy thing is what is causing the problem.
Sounds to me like you are a little burnt out. Take a couple of days off. Rest your jets. When you get back on the rink you will feel like a new man.

Tabascomj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Johnny Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabascomj View Post
Sounds to me like you are a little burnt out. Take a couple of days off. Rest your jets. When you get back on the rink you will feel like a new man.
Exactly, you can't manufacture hunger and the little bit it gives you to power through.

Johnny Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 03:14 PM
PIMking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabascomj View Post
We didn't play for two weeks before that.

I am honestly thinking about after the season taking some time off. I have been full boar since I came back from my knee not taking a single bit of time off from hockey.

Like the op said I'm really not playing my style. I'm the very physical annoying type of guy that yaps alot but I do score. I love getting under peoples skin and playing extremely hard. I dont take cheap shots but I like to rub people the wrong way. I havent been able to do that because of this new team that I'm on someone has to step up and score because they are horrible. I'm also trying to teach them positioning and it worked well for the 2nd game but not monday night.

I was really happy when I cold shouldered a guy who was going to blast me in the corner but my game went down hill fast after that.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote