HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mikhail Grabovski

Old
03-18-2009, 06:30 PM
embracedbias

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolate Skittles View Post
I don't see much progression OR potential in him, if someone offers the Leafs a 2nd rounder we're best off cutting our losses on this project.

Potentially I see a 50 point player with NOTHING else to offer. No physical play, defense or intangibles. Not really a type of player I see on SJ, Boston, or Detroit's roster.
Cut our losses? This is his rookie season...

A little premature, don't you think?

embracedbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
EucaLEAFtys

In my estimation, it is too early to place a value on Grabovski as this is only his rookie year. With that having been said, Grabovski is sitting in a tie for 5th or 6th place on the rookie scoring list with 35 pts,

Like many other players, Grabovski has good points and bad points. His assets and flaws can both be improved upon given sufficient time to develop. I see no reason to dump him for a draft pick at this time as he has shown some measure of improvement since his arrival last summer.

IN this thread, people have already begun to refer to Grabovski as Sergei Berezin 2.0 amd Kule Wellwood 2.0. I think such comparisons are a tad premature as he hasn't yet shown us what he can really do. Give him some time to find his niche; he's still reasonably young.

Under the tutelage of Ron Wilson, Grabovski has already begun to improve his play. His defensive game has started to come around. I think also that it may be a wise move to shift Grabovski to the wing (either side) simply because I think he would make a better sniper-tyoe winger than a play-making center.

So, in conclusion, people here who want to trade Grabovski just need to be a bit more patient. As the saying goes, "Rome wasn't built in a day." And neither will the Leafs.

Last edited by EucaLEAFtys: 03-20-2009 at 06:22 AM. Reason: technical difficulties
EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

It all depends on what Grabs wants for a contract. If he wants the moon, I don't think Burke will lasso the moon and pull it down here. If he's willing to go cheap, I'm all for it. I'm not a fan of Grabs and never have been, but I guess you have to see what he can do.

I pray I'm not disappointed in him come the draft in 2010.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:23 AM
WJG
Running and Rioting

From the Leaf games I've watched this year, some of the plays Grabovski makes are UNREAL.

If he played with guys who could actually finish their chances, he'd probably have twice as many assists.

I'd love to have him on Edmonton...Grabovski for Schremp?

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Crustacean

If we could get a 2nd back for him, I'd take it. If this kid was 19, then I would say that he would be worth keeping... but at 25, and this is his 'rookie breakout season' when he is competing against kids who are 5 years younger than him... I won't say the trade for him was a mistake, IMO it doesnt look like he will pan out to be anything much greater than he currently is.

Crustacean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Nizdizzle
Salary cap? Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustacean View Post
If we could get a 2nd back for him, I'd take it. If this kid was 19, then I would say that he would be worth keeping... but at 25, and this is his 'rookie breakout season' when he is competing against kids who are 5 years younger than him... I won't say the trade for him was a mistake, IMO it doesnt look like he will pan out to be anything much greater than he currently is.
When you say "competing against kids who are 5 years younger than him" you mean playing in the best league in the world with men right?

Nizdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 05:16 PM
MLSE

I'd trade him if I was given the choice, I can see him bouncing around from crappy team to crappy team.

MLSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:37 PM
Reydin

I'd keep him just because the Habs hates him so much. Anybody hated that much by the Habs is in my good books.

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Chea*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
I'd keep him just because the Habs hates him so much. Anybody hated that much by the Habs is in my good books.
He really showed them up tonight.

I hate seeing Leaf wins at this point but if there's a chance the Habs will miss the playoffs I want my Leafs to have a hand in making that goal possible.

Chea* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reydin View Post
If it continues that way for the Habs, nobody will know Grabovski next year 'cause nobody who knew him will be around.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Reydin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
If it continues that way for the Habs, nobody will know Grabovski next year 'cause nobody who knew him will be around.
The K brothers will be with the Habs for at least a couple more years

Reydin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 12:32 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Grabovski is sitting in a tie for 5th or 6th place on the rookie scoring list with 35 pts,
He's tied for 3rd with Berglund and Wheeler for 40 points now.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

vCash: 1400
Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by embracedbias View Post
Cut our losses? This is his rookie season...

A little premature, don't you think?
Meh

Chocolate Skittles is "special", hence why him and half the Leaf fans are on my ignore list

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

The Leafs are probably trying to find a way to get other teams to wear the Habs' jersey as it seems like it's the only time he's effective.

From a Habs' POV, I just wish someone would take the body to him once and for all and make him swallow his teeth. Can't stand the little puke!

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:29 AM
dubey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
The Leafs are probably trying to find a way to get other teams to wear the Habs' jersey as it seems like it's the only time he's effective.

From a Habs' POV, I just wish someone would take the body to him once and for all and make him swallow his teeth. Can't stand the little puke!
More like the Leafs are trying to schedule all of their games on Saturdays.

He had 3 points against Calgary last Saturday.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
He's tied for 3rd with Berglund and Wheeler for 40 points now.
Sweet!! Who are #'s 1 and 2 on the rookie list currently? And with how many points?

Old
03-22-2009, 12:27 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EucaLEAFtys View Post
Sweet!! Who are #'s 1 and 2 on the rookie list currently? And with how many points?
Bobby Ryan has 45 points and Kris Versteeg has 49 points

Old
03-22-2009, 12:56 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guys View Post
Bobby Ryan has 45 points and Kris Versteeg has 49 points
Not bad company, I'd say.

And people in this thread want to trade Grabovski for a 2nd rnd pick.... sheer idiocy in my opinion.

Would Anaheim, Chicago, St. Louis, and Boston trade THEIR leading rookie scoring talent? I don't think so. And niether should Toronto.

Old
03-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
HF has always been good for a laugh.

"Cut our losses.."

Haha.

Scoogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Lilou
t-.-t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post

You can't hit what you can't catch. He was skating all over your pylon-like defense.

Oh and send our thanks to Gainey for trading him here.

Lilou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 01:30 PM
Four1 Lead
We got Nylander.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post
You can't hit what you can't catch. He was skating all over your pylon-like defense.

+1.

Four1 Lead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 04:53 PM
Crustacean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan311 View Post
When you say "competing against kids who are 5 years younger than him" you mean playing in the best league in the world with men right?
I was referring to comparing him to the 19 and 20 year old rookies that you are all touting him against. These rookies who are around Grabovski in points are all significantly younger than he is.

If he was 20, I'd give him a fighting chance of being a top 6 guy. Right now, he is nothing more to the leafs than a streaky player who takes bad penalties. I think they should toss him while his value is high - I'd take a high 2nd rounder in this draft for him.

Crustacean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 04:57 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

Quote:
I was referring to comparing him to the 19 and 20 year old rookies that you are all touting him against. These rookies who are around Grabovski in points are all significantly younger than he is.

If he was 20, I'd give him a fighting chance of being a top 6 guy. Right now, he is nothing more to the leafs than a streaky player who takes bad penalties. I think they should toss him while his value is high - I'd take a high 2nd rounder in this draft for him.
We'll hes close to the same age as Andrei Kostitsyn and putting up similar numbers, Id say thats still not bad. I dont think youll see Canadiens fans taking a second rounder for him.

Old
03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
grabo84

Quote:

If he was Matt Stajan, a five year veteran at that age, I'd agree with you that we've seen his potential. That isn't the case with a first year NHLer, regardless of age. Look at Mark Streit, who was about five years older than Grabovski when he came over. He still struggled to adjust to the NA game, despite his age.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Nails Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilou View Post

You're welcome. This guy has no redeeming qualities as a person and it looks like his lip is going to eat his face.

Enjoy!

Nails Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote