Notices

O'Thrashers @ O'Penguins Hell Week Continues

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2009, 11:49 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
The injuries hurt a lot... We need some back for Friday.

Old
03-18-2009, 01:17 AM
Lux Aurumque*

On the bright side...Enstrom finished a +1 even though he played almost half of the game. We're lucky we didn't lose him too.

So, what now? Obviously Kulda has to come up....I'm scared of the defense...

Enstrom-Kulda
Exelby-Salmela
Oystrick-???

It would probably be better to pair Kulda with Salmela, since Kulda's defensive prowess would make up for Salmela's lack of defense. Enstrom could play with Exelby, because Enstrom is one of those great all-round defensemen...although, even he would suffer from the Exelby effect.

Maybe Hainsey returns...? If not, we need an emergency call-up. Lewis?

Does Machacek go back down now? Slater was said to only be out for two games, and Machacek hasn't really done anything in his two games (Not that he's really been given the chance, with just over 16 minutes in total ice time over the two games).

Old
03-18-2009, 02:09 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Wow, the way we ended our winning streak was like crashing a Ferrari into a wall at 90 mph... it looked great and was lots of fun, but then it just explodes. Losing Bogosian right when he was starting to show how amazing he is is absolutely brutal. I guess that teaches us our lesson about actually enjoying something this season, thanks Matt Cooke.

Old
03-18-2009, 02:15 AM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DungeonK View Post
Wow, the way we ended our winning streak was like crashing a Ferrari into a wall at 90 mph... it looked great and was lots of fun, but then it just explodes.
I'm not sure if you really thought about this before you posted it, but it was in poor taste.

Damn I hate the Penguins enough as it is. What makes it worse is that they took out half of our team.

Old
03-18-2009, 02:41 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux Aurumque View Post
On the bright side...Enstrom finished a +1 even though he played almost half of the game. We're lucky we didn't lose him too.

So, what now? Obviously Kulda has to come up....I'm scared of the defense...

Enstrom-Kulda
Exelby-Salmela
Oystrick-???

It would probably be better to pair Kulda with Salmela, since Kulda's defensive prowess would make up for Salmela's lack of defense. Enstrom could play with Exelby, because Enstrom is one of those great all-round defensemen...although, even he would suffer from the Exelby effect.

Maybe Hainsey returns...? If not, we need an emergency call-up. Lewis?

Does Machacek go back down now? Slater was said to only be out for two games, and Machacek hasn't really done anything in his two games (Not that he's really been given the chance, with just over 16 minutes in total ice time over the two games).
Lewis is out for the season. I think the team will call up Clay Wilson and Brett Skinner before Kulda because they already have NHL experience

Old
03-18-2009, 12:55 PM
dj4aces

Send a message via ICQ to dj4aces Send a message via AIM to dj4aces Send a message via MSN to dj4aces Send a message via Yahoo to dj4aces
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'm not sure if you really thought about this before you posted it, but it was in poor taste.
I fail to see the problem with what he said.

Before you even bother to compose a reply, don't refer so much as in passing to Dan Snyder. Water under the bridge. Just let it go already.

Fact is, our streak is over. Valabik is injured. Bogosian is injured. Really, at this point, we should be glad we're not in the playoff race, because we have gone from superb to depleted in just four games. I was looking forward to the Detroit game, simply so I could see how well our boys could hang with the number one team in the NHL. Now, I'm almost scared of it, because it's looking less like a competitive matchup and more like lambs to the slaughter.

Old
03-18-2009, 11:27 PM
RoyalAir
Always the Thrashers

I'm sorry, I don't intend to start a fight. But to refer, at what I'm assuming is by accident, in almost identical terms to a tragic event as a simile for ending a winning streak is just a little odd to me. I don't mean to get into a fight with like-minded anonymous net posters. We're all on the same side.

The streak is over. Our better players are all hurt. It was fun while it lasted.

Old
03-19-2009, 02:52 AM
DungeonK
Love Thy Neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalAir View Post
I'm sorry, I don't intend to start a fight. But to refer, at what I'm assuming is by accident, in almost identical terms to a tragic event as a simile for ending a winning streak is just a little odd to me. I don't mean to get into a fight with like-minded anonymous net posters. We're all on the same side.

The streak is over. Our better players are all hurt. It was fun while it lasted.
Ahhh, no, I just meant losing something shiny and expensive in the most sudden and disappointing way possible. A brutal loss would've been like returning the car (winning streak) as an obvious rental, but we had to demolish it.

For some reason I didn't really think of the human side of it, maybe too many racing games, but my mental image was something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MHa8tD2FLg

Closed Thread