HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Denis Savard

Old
03-19-2009, 01:12 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Denis Savard

I don't like starting threads but I'm a bit surprised his name has not come up. There might be a reason I'm unaware of though.

I'm not saying he would be a good candidate for coach or a bad candidate. I'm not trying to promote him as being the next head coach but I am a bit surprised his name was not brought up at all. (as far as I know anyway). He was here in 93. He's already coached at the NHL level, he speaks French etc...

So, what about bringing Denis Savard back to Montreal next year?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I don't like starting threads but I'm a bit surprised his name has not come up. There might be a reason I'm unaware of though.

I'm not saying he would be a good candidate for coach or a bad candidate. I'm not trying to promote him as being the next head coach but I am a bit surprised his name was not brought up at all. (as far as I know anyway). He was here in 93. He's already coached at the NHL level, he speaks French etc...

How about we get a established NHL coach. I'm just sick of seeing PLayer/Coaches coming on the bench only to **** the bed.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:19 PM
Megaforce

Could we get a genetic test done on him to see what percentage his DNA is pure Quebecois?

Megaforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:19 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I believe he's under contract with the Hawks, as he still works for them currently, so I assume the Habs would have to compensate the Hawks for him.

Funny you bring this up, I had a dream the other night that he was the coach in Hamilton and they won the cup and Brisebois was his assistant coach, and no I'm not kidding.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:26 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I believe he's under contract with the Hawks, as he still works for them currently, so I assume the Habs would have to compensate the Hawks for him.

Funny you bring this up, I had a dream the other night that he was the coach in Hamilton and they won the cup and Brisebois was his assistant coach, and no I'm not kidding.
That is one strange dream. Maybe it's a sign you need to get your mind off hockey for a while. Jk of course.

I figured there was a contractual obligation linking him to Chicago. What does he do there now again exactly?

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

You need a vacation buddy..

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:49 PM
CanadienErrant*

Savard=Carbonneau in terms of coaching knowledge + experience: Not great ! But a good guy, no doubt !

Savard is a fixturea and a great ambassador in the Hawks' organization. He is married to a Chicago girl. His children are all born there. No needs to move back to Montreal again.

Listening to Damphousse today on CKAC , I was wandering if he could become our NEXT GM !

The guy was in the NHLPA, he knows the business, and he is himself a very succesful businesman. He is now leaving in Montreal (or not too far). He's got a good hockey head and he is cool under pressure.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:50 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Damphousse as GM? Savard as coach? Can we get off the former player bandwagon and just get the best person for the job?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 02:39 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
Damphousse as GM? Savard as coach? Can we get off the former player bandwagon and just get the best person for the job?
No !

Old
03-19-2009, 02:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Only if he's bilingual. Apparently.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 02:41 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Only if he's bilingual. Apparently.
Saku is bilingual, at least...

Finish-English- A bit of Russian and Swede + Someone said that he is swearing in French in his dreams.

Old
03-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Jedrik

Quote:
Agreed in full.

Jedrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 05:50 PM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Unless the Hawks want to offer him a management job, they would probably leave him go. That's basic decency, the same way that Gainey would let Carbo go even if he's still signed for two years.

IIRC, Claude Julien cost us a 4th round pick when we signed him from Edmonton(?)

Quote:
Coming from you I'm not sure how to interpret this. Either it's a prophecy we should all be aware of, or you seriously needs to take a break from the gig.

Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote