HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Byrne?

Old
03-19-2009, 09:16 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart McDonald View Post
O'Byrne. If I could say how I really felt about him on these boards I'd get thrown off. I had Bulldogs seasons tickets last season so I'm somewhat familiar with the Habs prospects even though I'm the Leafs writer. I like lots of your prospects. O'Byrne isn't one of them.
You mean the AHL All Star Ryan O'Byrne, who was Hamilton's best D when down there last year? And played very well for them this year, say what you want about him, fire away.

montreal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 09:28 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad news for you. Brisebois is a smart man. Just to be sure that Gainey wouldn't stop playing him after his 1000th game, the same day he achieved that number, he was already saying how it would be great now to play at least 3 more game to surpass the number of games that Doug Harvey played in a Habs uniform....It's not over yet, he'll find other objectives after....

My hate for Brisebois grows and grows!!!

He is by far the most useless hockey player on the Habs roster....BY FAR!!! NOBODY makes as many mistakes as Brisebois does when he plays. He gives the puck away all the time, especially in his own end, he doesn't get shots through from the blueline, he always hits shinpads and the guy is just plain soft. He doesn't hit and he doesn't take a hit to make a play. He'd rather give the puck away behind his own net then take a hit to get the puck out.

Brisebois is pathetic.

Your right though....there will always be a reason why Breezer is in the lineup. Someone else will get injured and he'll be in the lineup fulltime making the rookie mistakes that he has made for his whole career.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 09:30 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiKostitsyn74 View Post
Same here. It was cool and all that they gave Breezy his 1000th game but that's where his season should have ended. Time to start using O'byrne and Dandenault a litte more.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 09:56 AM
HCH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
He was bad on his last 2-3 games, but he has to play so he can show if he can be in the top-6 next year.
I guess it is a matter of opinion. I thought he was one of Montreal's better defensemen in the games he played.

HCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 10:33 AM
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 1035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hub City Hab View Post
I guess it is a matter of opinion. I thought he was one of Montreal's better defensemen in the games he played.
I didn't think he was bad either. I wasn't surprised to see Gainey give Brisebois his 1,000th game at home, but I was surprised to see him come out the next game too. O'Byrne is better than Brisebois already. It's idiotic sending Brisebois out there when we have other options.

HardcoreHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Mad Habber

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1981 View Post
Have you watch the freaking game?
Brisebois took care of at least two 2 on 1 and he played good in his own end...
Did you watch the game, or are you just repeating the same rhetoric that Houde and Brunet are saying.

Brisebois made a nice play to break up a 2 on 1, but his decision making made it a 2 on 1 to begin with. If he'd been at his post, it would have been a 2 on 2. The second one I must have missed because I don't recall it.

Honestly, he's got his 1000, actually 1001 now. Just keep him on the shelf in case we lose 2 Ds to injury. OB and Dandy should play before him. He should be depth, not starting roster.

Mad Habber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 11:13 AM
Habs 1909

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
Is he hurt? Flu? Sleep with Gainey's daughter?

Why hasn't he been playing?
Does Gainey have more than 1 daughter?

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:38 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainKomisarek View Post
Does Gainey have more than 1 daughter?
Don't make jokes about Gainey's daughters .........

Yes he has 2 more daughters and a son. All married.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Habs Icing
Formerly Onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Bad news for you. Brisebois is a smart man. Just to be sure that Gainey wouldn't stop playing him after his 1000th game, the same day he achieved that number, he was already saying how it would be great now to play at least 3 more game to surpass the number of games that Doug Harvey played in a Habs uniform....It's not over yet, he'll find other objectives after....

Yeah, Harvey & Brisebois on the same page of the Habs' record book. That's enough reason to sit his ass down. Forget the fact he plays like Plekanec's school girl's twin and that he's constantly out of position.

Habs Icing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Go Habs Go

making a joke about Gainey's daughter is in poor taste even if thats not what you meant.

Brisebois is only there because he has more experience, plain and simple.

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote