HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

FSOhio production is TERRIBLE! (All CBJ broadcast kvetching here)

Old
03-19-2009, 10:30 AM
ca5150

vCash: 500
I don't have a problem with the announcers, the problem I have is when they cut away to commercial in the middle of scrums and fights or show replays when you can clearly here something going on in the background. I watch CI all the time and no other Fox Sports Network cuts away if a scrum breaks out. Also the ingame interviews with the other coach when they do the cutesy little half and half screen while play is going on is annoying as we saw last night when we missed the second goal while hearing thoughts about Brodeur. Who the hell cares about Brodeur in the middle of a CBJ/CHI game?

Also, most other teams on FSN have weekly half hour shows on the team.

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Halfboard
mmmm, beer

Hey, look on the bright side. At least our screens don't have a test pattern on them that say Bethpage, NY. Remember when FSN's feed used to go to that randomly???????

Halfboard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Matt Foley
Meh

Honestly, when I'm watching the game, what Rimer and Gare say is totally ignored by me. I'm so focused on what I'm seeing that I tune out what I could be hearing. My wife can relate to that comment.

That said, last night's game production was truly a crapfest. Like JBum, I'm usually just glad to watch the game, but when you miss goals, cut away to security guards, etc., it detracts from the experience.

Matt Foley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 11:08 AM
BluejacketNut

Im always happy when the highlights on NHL on the Fly are of the away feed. I cannot stand listening to Rimmer and Gare, especially when they start blabbing about something while the game is going on, or when theres a penalty called and they havent mentioned ANYTHING about the penalty until 1 minute into the PK. I always welcome watching the other teams feeds when possible because ours is just painful to listen to

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 12:07 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ca5150 View Post
I really hope you are being sarcastic on this one, since I think you might be a man...the Dew girls were harmless
I forgot the , and I'm of the male gender.

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 03:45 PM
ca5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I forgot the , and I'm of the male gender.
I know you are, haha, at least I would hope there aren't any females named Robert on here

ca5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 04:49 PM
JF Labbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfboard View Post
Hey, look on the bright side. At least our screens don't have a test pattern on them that say Bethpage, NY. Remember when FSN's feed used to go to that randomly???????
Yeah, man! I remember a game against San Jose where I sat and stared at the screen for a half-hour waiting for the game to come back. It never did.

After the shootout against Pittsburgh, Rimer didn't know whether to commend Nash or Mason, and it came out Steve Nash. Unless Malhotra's brother-in-law was there, that's inexcusable.

JF Labbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 05:06 PM
cbj21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Moo View Post
March 18, 2009.

Worst. FSOhio. Broadcast. Ever.
QFT.
The producer must have been drunk.

Regarding Rimer and Gare I have to say that if you think they are bad your just spoiled. For a Norwegian they are super pro compared to what we are used to over here lol.

cbj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Roogy

All I know is that I'd much rather have Rimer & Gare as opposed to those Kelly & Konroyd fools. Kelly was so hard on the ears, it was painful to watch.

Roogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 09:53 PM
CBJheadhunter

I am annoyed every time I have to listen to Gare...good heart and nice guy, I'm sure, but this job is just not for him. I've grown more used to Rimmer and keep reminding myself that it can't be easy to keep track of every player during every game and always get it right.

As for the broadcasts themselves, frankly I'm happy that we are seeing more games and a lot more games in HD. We've come a long way people, and it appears that we also have one of the more active bloggers in the league.

I choose to take the high road and be thankful for what we have, because we've come a long way. Maybe a playoff birth will change some things for the better come next season.

CBJheadhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2009, 10:04 PM
eljefe72

I think it just happened to be "intern night" last night.

eljefe72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:57 AM
FELingo

The production doesn't appear to be so bad if you're as sauced up as the announcers

FELingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 07:48 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF Labbe View Post
Yeah, man! I remember a game against San Jose where I sat and stared at the screen for a half-hour waiting for the game to come back. It never did.

After the shootout against Pittsburgh, Rimer didn't know whether to commend Nash or Mason, and it came out Steve Nash. Unless Malhotra's brother-in-law was there, that's inexcusable.
Not being a hardass perfectionist like you and Matthew, I find such "gaffs" to be quite entertaining. I mean, if our team won every game, it wouldn't be as fun, would it.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:12 AM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

I watched the San Jose broadcast last night vs. Nashville. Once again they were very good. It's night and day better than FSN Ohio. The announcers are pretty fair and balanced, they have really good pieces explaining parts of the game and they have intelligent discussions. Then I looked and realized it was Comcast. So is Chicago. And Philly. All are really good.

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:28 AM
hossua34
Mutt

Send a message via AIM to hossua34 Send a message via Yahoo to hossua34
What's telling for me is that fans of so many different teams agree that our broadcast team SUCKS. Go to pretty much any opposing team's GDT, and you'll find somebody, somewhere, who is watching the game on our feed for the first time. And invariably, they will comment on how awful it is.

It's NOT just us, and it's NOT just whining.

hossua34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:46 AM
The Four Seven
Boone Jenner

I didn't think Rimer with Brian Engblom was too bad of a broadcast pair... I mean, at least when you compare Engblom to Gare.

Rimer didn't seem too bad either, but then again, it was his first season with the team and maybe I overlooked some stuff, like "Columbus Panthers" because he was "new."

The Four Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:51 PM
LoveCBJ

Just be glad that you get to see most of the games. For those of us up around Mansfield, Time Warner has determined that we are not in the Columbus market. They are taking away all of our Columbus stations and we already have the Cavs on most of the time instead of the Blue Jackets on FSN. Guess I'll have to get Center Ice next year.

LoveCBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:13 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Not being a hardass perfectionist like you and Matthew, I find such "gaffs" to be quite entertaining. I mean, if our team won every game, it wouldn't be as fun, would it.
Speak for yourself, I would be quite entertianed by an 82-0 season with a Cup victory.

And no, I don't find it enteraining when Rimer says stuff like "Steve Nash". But in an age where a D from WV wants to get rid of the evil, corrupting, Barbie Dolls and the President of the US makes fun of the special olympics... Hey, maybe this is entertainment.

I feel a sudden urge to watch Footloose tonight.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:18 PM
smiler2729

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaley Klesla 97 View Post
I cant stand Rimer and Gare. they are awful. Id rather listen to whale mating calls during the game.
Jeff Rimer is one of the better play-by-play guys... but you have an opinion.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:21 PM
Samkow
Global Moderator
Steamed Hams

Send a message via Skype™ to Samkow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaley Klesla 97 View Post
I cant stand Rimer and Gare. they are awful. Id rather listen to whale mating calls during the game.
I can only assume that the Whaley in your user name is used to signify your Whale Fetish.

03-20-2009, 03:22 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 1045
I find Rimer and Gare to be among the better tandems in the league. I'm actually looking forward to hearing a certain call Rimer is going to make in a few weeks, but I don't want to jinx it for you guys

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:24 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
I find Rimer and Gare to be among the better tandems in the league. I'm actually looking forward to hearing a certain call Rimer is going to make in a few weeks, but I don't want to jinx it for you guys
Maybe Rimer is like the Michael Peca of the broadcasting world?

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:26 PM
Nordique
I ain't even mad

Missing Faceoffs: This has been going on for sometime, and it was only a matter of time before someone scored off a faceoff and they missed the goal.

I hope that was a wake up call for them.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:38 PM
CrazyCanucks

Are any of the games in HD? I noticed alot of FSN games are on Standard Def in the US

CrazyCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCanucks View Post
Are any of the games in HD? I noticed alot of FSN games are on Standard Def in the US
For the CBJ, we have something like 35 or so games in HD -- when it works. But that may be a provider issue and not necessarily FSN.

Also, keep in mind that different networks are different production, even if it's both FSN. When we play Detroit, we could be in HD on FSOhio and they could be without HD on FSDetroit, and vice versa.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote