HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ovechkin's 50th goal celebration

Closed Thread

Old
03-20-2009, 07:49 AM

vCash: 500
The sad thing is that it's probably good for the game. What I've always loved about hockey is how the great stars in the NHL always exuded class and dignity. Other pro sports, people act like retards. Lemieux,Gretzky,Yzerman...these guys all scored great goals in big games and didn't celebrate like AO does after 50 goals.
It's good for the game though. AO's retarded antics will catch the eye of the retarded US sports fan, that's what the NHL has been going for for a long time and Ovechkin may be just the bufoon to do it.

Old
03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
zaluty

What i don't understand was Tampa's response. If I was on the ice at the least I would have swatted his stick away and at the most I would have put him on his ass!

Old
03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Chain Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66877168 View Post
The sad thing is that it's probably good for the game. What I've always loved about hockey is how the great stars in the NHL always exuded class and dignity. Other pro sports, people act like retards. Lemieux,Gretzky,Yzerman...these guys all scored great goals in big games and didn't celebrate like AO does after 50 goals.
It's good for the game though. AO's retarded antics will catch the eye of the retarded US sports fan, that's what the NHL has been going for for a long time and Ovechkin may be just the bufoon to do it.
Are you sure about Yzerman? He was pretty cocky when he was Ovechkin's age.

Besides, Ovechkin doesn't celebrate goals like that too often. This was the first premeditated celebration of his career. I don't think it will become a trend.

Old
03-20-2009, 08:15 AM
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??

Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Wrong forum.. There's a thread about this on the NHL board where it belongs..

Closed Thread