HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Price performance = Second year syndrom?

Old
03-20-2009, 08:59 AM
SickDangles

vCash: 500
He's the new Raycroft.

SickDangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Philanthropist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDangles View Post
He's the new Raycroft.
At least Raycroft will have some nhl hardware to put on his mom's mantel when he moves back in with her.

Philanthropist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Thinkaboutthat

Found this on La Presse Sports Twitter.
Depuis le Match des Étoiles: Price 4-9-3//3.60//.881 et Halak 5-4-0//2.82//.934. Entraînement du CH à 16h.
http://www.twitter.com/cybsports

Thinkaboutthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:27 AM
Travis Moen

Price is still the better goalie (the goalie that has the better chance to win the cup).

Travis Moen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:05 AM
Genghis Keon

Considering how Price started the year (look at threads about him after his 25th game of the year, a pretty decent sample size: Price's 40th career win at his 66th game, does anyone still have doubts?), I don't think it's a sophomore slump. From what I can see, the kid got hurt, maybe rushed back, and now he's playing like crap. Is it a mental thing? Maybe in part (when things started going wrong, maybe he fell apart), but the injury was the obvious catalyst. Is his career doomed? Well, he crapped the bed against Philly in last year's playoffs (regardless of if he actually had a injured hand or not) and regrouped to start this year, so he's shown he's got the ability to bounce back strong. Should he keep getting starts? Sure, but it's probably time to ride Halak while he's hot.

Genghis Keon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:23 AM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
To me it doesn't matter why the rebounds are generated, it matters that they are. Halak's poor rebound control will hurt the team eventually and right now Price is simply playing too good to risk that with Halak.
Unbelievable. We're not in any position to worry about something hurting the team eventually, we need to take as many points as possible in the last ten games or so.

I'd much rather see Halak give out a few rebounds than see the first shot end up in the back of the net with Price right now.

Sports1131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Talent Analyst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
He just ***** himself like a dog too many times. Drinking, smoking, partying like a mad man, probably sex too. Guy is out of control just like the rest of the young players : Kost bros, Gorges, Komisarek, Higgins, D'Agostigni, O'Bryne. Then, you have bad veterans who act like losers. All this leads to this pathetic team we see in the ice.
This also come into this syndrom for me. After a year like he has last year, this affect your mind. He was probably think he'll be the best no mather what and he's the second coming of Roy. Party alot, don't care much about the game, not much sacrifice for the team. Now I'm sure he cames back on earth but a summer might be ideal for his mental condition and be the real Price.

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:12 PM
Max et Guillaume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs8517 View Post
probably sex too.
Says disgruntled 30 yr old virgin....

yeah, I mean I have NEVER heard of a pro athlete doing that thing people call "sex"..... oh my, if Price is having "sex" with some "girls", then... then the team is DOOMED!!!!

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road for the 25th View Post
Says disgruntled 30 yr old virgin....

yeah, I mean I have NEVER heard of a pro athlete doing that thing people call "sex"..... oh my, if Price is having "sex" with some "girls", then... then the team is DOOMED!!!!

We all know thats why he's sucked.
It has NOTHING to do with having just a up and down confidence level. It has nothing to do with the fact that he's 21..

COMMON.

We all know it has to do with the fact that he goes partying and has SEX. Sex is the reason why he lets in 3-4 goals.. and the drinking doesnt help too. That's the problem.

Im so fed up of people having these terrible reasons for why players don't play great every single game..

MAYBE it's a confident issue and has NOTHING to do with what ever he does off-ice.

No, you know some people never think of the logical reasons, they think everything is straight out of a "A GUY WHO HAS EVERYTHING LOSES IT ALL" movie..

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:40 PM
Chili

I like both goalers and they are being asked to do too much right now. I haven't given up on Price but...

For me this is deja vu with Gainey. When he fired Claude Julien the first thing he did was reinstate Theo a starter. It finally became evident to him what Claude Julien had realized...The best goaler on the team was not Theo but Cristobal Huet.

It is evident which goaler gives the team the best chance to win right now.

#1 goalers seem to change around the league all the time, Mason taking over from Leclaire, Conklin over Osgood, Rinne over Ellis, Elliot in Ottawa, and so on.

To me Price was rushed a bit into the #1 role. Technically he was ready, emotionally he was not. I believe more then anything he needs to work on the mental preparation part of the position. It's too bad that he could not be sent down to the minors to work on his game & confidence but I believe that's a no go because of waivers.

To me clearly Halak should play the majority of the games left and be the starter if they make the playoffs.

Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:47 PM
smon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chili View Post
To me Price was rushed a bit into the #1 role. Technically he was ready, emotionally he was not. I believe more then anything he needs to work on the mental preparation part of the position. It's too bad that he could not be sent down to the minors to work on his game & confidence but I believe that's a no go because of waivers.
Right on. It's similar to his midseason troubles last year, except back then he was able to be sent to the minors and straightened out his game.

smon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Hab-a-maniac

If Price is up to no good, you can just see it come to a head where if he did something really wrong (like the rumour about knocking up some young chick), he'll have to be traded and his value will drop. Then we get to spend the next 10-15 years watching him become the next top flight goalie of the league as he straightens his priorities out. You see, problematic players (whether on or off the ice) never get their act together in Montreal. They usually need to go elsewhere to meet their true potential. It's like we're cursed.

Hab-a-maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:04 PM
Capitano

I'm disappointed in Price's performance since the all-star break, but it's way too early to give up on him.

I find it very puzzling as to how SO many of our players have performed so poorly this year...the only guy that is having a great year is Markov, everybody else is pretty much underachieveing - core players anyway.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:25 PM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talent Analyst View Post
Your thought?
He must suck. RDS tells me so. Trade him for Steve Valliquette.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote