HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Finns To the Left, Finns To the Right, No Goals For You!" -3.19.09- Nashville @ S.J.

Old
03-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
You're 0/2.
what does that make Don Koharski ? ... 0/19871023481796234123409587234509238574 ?

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:25 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
what does that make Don Koharski ? ... 0/19871023481796234123409587234509238574 ?
Koharski is 0/(π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π)

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

fitting for tonight after the head shot delivered to Ryan Jones

Quote:
Koharski is 0/(π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π*π)
I can't believe that fat **** is still in the league

Old
03-20-2009, 12:45 AM
Lee Van Cleef*

Hey SLake I thought you said Cheechoo was better than Fiddler? Apart from the shootout goal Cheechoo was bad, real bad.

Lee Van Cleef* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:58 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
Hey SLake I thought you said Cheechoo was better than Fiddler? Apart from the shootout goal Cheechoo was bad, real bad.
In terms of their play for Nashville tonight, Cheechoo was better than Fiddler.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Fiddler is so damn predictable. If Nabby was smart he shouldv'e just stood up and hugged the left post because everyone knows Fids is going backhand top shelf every time. I have never seen him do anything else.

On another note, it's been fun and cool to try to win Without Arnott and Bonk but enough is enough. Hopefully they can get their ***** back on the ice. I'm sick and tired of seeing Fiddler on the 2nd line and seeing Jones trying his ass off but fumbling the puck around like a grenade. For the love of god we need some skill injection back in this lineup.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:02 AM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Fiddler was offside five times tonight, once when he tried a no look backhand behind the back pass while crossing the blueline.....yeah that's right, he drew himself offside. Then he was offside immediately after the ensuing faceoff.

Took two awful penalties one that the Sharks scored on which means his goal just evened him out.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:11 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
I responded over on the Sharks board. I'll call it a draw tonight. Fids got on the scoresheet with his patented backhand dekes, but took a bad penalty that lead to the Sharks first goal as well. Both scored in the shootout, Cheechoo got that game-winning SO goal.

Did you happen to notice how many times Fiddler went offsides? Seriously, the guy has to lead the league in that category!!! As NIN pointed out, what other NHL'er have you seen make a behind the back pass as he is crossing the blueline to put himself offsides when he has plenty of room and time to take a couple more strides forward???

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:40 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I can't believe we just went 2-0-2 and got 6 out of 8 points. For the season we went 4-0-2 in CA, nice.

Played better than in Anaheim, but still got dumb calls.

37% on Faceoffs. ouch.

Ryan Jones takes more crap than anyone I've ever seen, and nothing gets called.

Suter had over 27 mins, Weber/Hamhuis each had over 26 mins.

Quote:

There's a new big fish off the coast today that has everyone abuzz. He was sighted off the coast early this morning, presumably hunting for prey just below the surface. This was all that was seen of the creature:

That's a big Pekka.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 07:22 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

I don't know that I have ever seen a fighter lead with his elbow so hard and so many times-- Is that ok by the 'code'? Just curious..

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:33 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
I don't know that I have ever seen a fighter lead with his elbow so hard and so many times-- Is that ok by the 'code'? Just curious..
I dont know, I thought it was a pretty crappy thing to do. Just ask yourself this question: if Tootoo was smashing a Shark playerin the face with a piece of kevlar, what would their fans think of the fight?

I couldnt believe he stood there and took it without going down

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
That fight looked like it was sped up, he punches really fast, just thought I'd mention that.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:27 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

a little retribution for that jumping the gun, don't ya think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
I dont know, I thought it was a pretty crappy thing to do. Just ask yourself this question: if Tootoo was smashing a Shark playerin the face with a piece of kevlar, what would their fans think of the fight?

I couldnt believe he stood there and took it without going down

Old
03-20-2009, 11:12 AM
Christianmichael27

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda of the chains View Post
It's not his elbow, it does look like it. I thought it was an elbow at first myself. Goto the sharks page and they have a post on the fight. There you can see the fight at different angels and at different speeds and you can see that he is in fact hitting with his fist, what happens is that his jersey moves along his arm every time he swings and it happens to look like his arm is going past his head and his elbow is making contact. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and everyone is naturally going to be bias so We (Sharks fans) might have teal glasses on.

Christianmichael27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:34 AM
TheSlapper

vCash: 617
I am a sharks fan, I have nothing against tootoo. I have more respect for TooToo than I do for Crosby.

TooToo is not afraid of anyone and will drop the gloves.
He backs his game up and is one tough customer.
Like another poster said, he did not go down he stood there and took a beating. It happens, he probably had a broken nose threw on a visor to protect it and came back out to help his team.

A lot of people hate TooToo, I am not one of them.

TheSlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:04 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stanley 4 SJ View Post
It's not his elbow, it does look like it. I thought it was an elbow at first myself. Goto the sharks page and they have a post on the fight. There you can see the fight at different angels and at different speeds and you can see that he is in fact hitting with his fist, what happens is that his jersey moves along his arm every time he swings and it happens to look like his arm is going past his head and his elbow is making contact. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion and everyone is naturally going to be bias so We (Sharks fans) might have teal glasses on.

I don't post on this board very often at all, and most of the Sharks fans that I've come across on NP boards and here have been pretty straight up guys. Don't have problems with most of you at all. I thought he was hitting him with his elbow on the live shot, and really thought so when it was in slo-mo. Couldn't find anything on the Sharks page with anything to help me draw a different conclusion.

I'm not trying to start anything here, just couldn't find what you were talking about on the Sharks page.

That said, if the roles were reversed, I'd probably say Tootoo was not using his elbows, too. So, I see the issues and ulitmately, we probably will never know, but I give credit for Tootoo for staying with it. You could tell he was hurt and didn't want to go much more. Clear win for Staubitz.

Was a good game, though. Sharks deserved the win, no matter how much it hurts to type that.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:43 PM
Christianmichael27

Nashville is one of only two teams that I really like. You guys continue to make the playoffs despite the fact that you always have some type of random adversity. Last year was the whole, is the team going to leave, and this year with Radulov peacing out.... Nashville is really well coached

PS. Two team aside from the Sharks. I like the Blue Jackets too

Christianmichael27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post

Staubitz actually did that in the AHL to Tootoo first and fought him without Toots even knowing what was going on or dropping the gloves. These guys want to hurt each other and I think this little rivalry will last and Tootoo won't go down without a fight.

Webersmashpuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 03:51 PM
jstreet

just more fuel for the fire I guess.

Old
03-20-2009, 04:47 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
To any shark fan wanting to argue the ELBOWS:

There is a thread for that on the NHL talk section of these boards, take your comments there. If I wanted to argue about it pointlessly that's where I would be....since I don't I am here. We have large screen tv's, dvr's, and frame by frame viewing capabilities here in Nashville we don't need your help to see elbows being thrown.

If you would like to see what short lefts being thrown using fists looks like watch the fight between Belak and Laraque. That is what it looks like when fist meets face.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:12 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stanley 4 SJ View Post
Lol!

Last edited by Enoch: 03-21-2009 at 07:59 AM.
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:01 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars
dont know, I thought it was a pretty crappy thing to do. Just ask yourself this question: if Tootoo was smashing a Shark playerin the face with a piece of kevlar, what would their fans think of the fight?
Forget just Sharks fans, almost every fan of every team would be saying how much of a cheap shot that is, he fights dirty and basically should be suspended for a month or more.

If someone is taking the position of "I don't think it's dirty, BUT I can see how XX team fans think it's a cheap shot...", then it usually actually is a cheap/dirty play.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:35 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
I'm not trying to start anything here, just couldn't find what you were talking about on the Sharks page..
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=621394

Not sure how you missed it.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 11:21 AM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post

I didn't look that hard. Just checked the GDT. Funny to me, I'd say that those videos prove more elbows than fists. That super slo-mo one is pretty cut and dried.

"Sleeves are just extending down his arm with the force of it all. That's really his fist."

RIIIIIIIIGHT.

He did get popped with the uppercut, but I can only see one left that connects with a fist.

Tootoo plays with an edge, and there are times he's a little bit too theatrical, but when he does something stupid, I call him on it. Every reasonable Preds fan has cringed at least a couple of times at Tootoo, but if he ever hit someone with his elbow pads, you can be damn sure that a tape would be sent and a suspension to follow.

I can't really say that Staubitz and Tootoo will fight again this year (he's not supposed to be fighting with his finger anyway) but I fully expect next season to see a good bout.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 05:36 PM
jstreet

we shall find out this week