HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas needs Defense!

Old
03-20-2009, 12:29 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasmagorical View Post
Gilbert for ???
...$4M for the next 5 years in Edmonton. Edmonton has no reason to trade him, especially if they aren't improving the on-ice product (ie. no package deals or draft pick/prospect deals).

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:07 PM
Nich

vCash: 500
rosival for mike neal

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:10 PM
Opus

vCash: 50
Matt Carle for Robidas?

I know they have different cap numbers, but you're saying the Stars need defense. How badly?

The Flyers could use a player like Robidas, and of course...some of the cap relief that would come with him.

Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:16 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

We'll give you Finger and VanRyn.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:23 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Backup plan!

Legionnaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:34 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus View Post
Matt Carle for Robidas?

I know they have different cap numbers, but you're saying the Stars need defense. How badly?

The Flyers could use a player like Robidas, and of course...some of the cap relief that would come with him.
Carle is not better than anyone in the Stars lineup except for maybe Sydor. I can see the Stars wanting Coburn.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:37 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxel View Post
Carle is not better than anyone in the Stars lineup except for maybe Sydor. I can see the Stars wanting Coburn.
Good luck with that.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Roof Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh477 View Post
first of all, Modano doesn't need to retire yet.

second.. the Leafs have Van Ryn, Kaberle, Kubina, and White available for the right price (albeit a high price). Sens have Bell, Schubert. If the Pens don't resign Gonchar, there is another option.
Uh, when I saw the thread title, I was under the impression the exclamation mark meant there was a sense of urgency in acquiring a Dman. Gonchar isn't a UFA until July 1st '10.

Personally, I think the Stars' best option could be found on the rosters of EDM or VAN depending on which team believes they have the best shot at JBo. VAN will actually have the cap space if their potential UFAs hit the open market, so the best case scenario for the Stars would seem to be Ohlund who will probably cost somewhere in the 5 range (but obviously not cost assets).

If VAN retains Ohlund, but still makes a play for JBo, Bieksa would likely be the trading chip.

If the Oilers make a play for JBo, Visnovsky is the most likely candidate to be had in a trade, with Gilbert an alternate scenario.

Visnovsky for Benn, 2nd

Roof Daddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof Daddy View Post
Uh, when I saw the thread title, I was under the impression the exclamation mark meant there was a sense of urgency in acquiring a Dman. Gonchar isn't a UFA until July 1st '10.

Personally, I think the Stars' best option could be found on the rosters of EDM or VAN depending on which team believes they have the best shot at JBo. VAN will actually have the cap space if their potential UFAs hit the open market, so the best case scenario for the Stars would seem to be Ohlund who will probably cost somewhere in the 5 range (but obviously not cost assets).

If VAN retains Ohlund, but still makes a play for JBo, Bieksa would likely be the trading chip.

If the Oilers make a play for JBo, Visnovsky is the most likely candidate to be had in a trade, with Gilbert an alternate scenario.

Visnovsky for Benn, 2nd
No way this happens.

Strangely enough the Stars have a prospect that could develop into a defensman exactly like Lubomir and ironically enough his name is Vishnovsky.

Someone stated this already but Edmonton and Dallas would make terrible trading partners.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaner Tazer View Post
No way this happens.

Strangely enough the Stars have a prospect that could develop into a defensman exactly like Lubomir and ironically enough his name is Vishnovsky.

Someone stated this already but Edmonton and Dallas would make terrible trading partners.
actually it's Vishnevskiy, but yeah.. pretty close.

I hope Ivan gets a chance next year, he could be an excellent QB for the 2nd unit of the PP.

I think Dallas could look at picking up someone like a darryl sydor (assuming sydor retires).. what I mean by this is a veteran ufa defenceman who can come in for cheap - cheaper then Sydor's 2.5 million - who can stabilize the young defense core in Dallas. Maybe if Phillipe Boucher would be willing to re-sign with Dallas he could be an option, or a guy like Greg De Vries or Ken Klee

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Caniac12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIsle View Post
Wow, if I'm Dallas, I'd prolly make this move!
Seidenberg and LaRose are UFA`s but I think Larose and Ott would be awesome on Dallas`s third line. Gleason is the true value, I dont really think he fits with Carolina.

I think Niskanen and Daley would be good for Carolina. Pitkanen, Babchuk, Corvo, Niskanen, Daley, and Carson/McBain would create a good, fairly young, mobile D for Carolina for years to come.

Caniac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:18 PM
robbiezyg

vCash: 1249
Souray for Morrow

both sides will hate this btw.

robbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:08 PM
Tough2PlayAgainst
Tank Mode: Fail

vCash: 1951
Quote:
Strangely enough his name is actually Vishnevskiy.

Tough2PlayAgainst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiezyg View Post
Souray for Morrow

both sides will hate this btw.
Actually, I'm pretty certain Oilers fans would be happy as pigs in **** if that trade happened.

Morrow would be their Smyth, only better.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:57 AM
Andrew B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
Actually, I'm pretty certain Oilers fans would be happy as pigs in **** if that trade happened.

Morrow would be their Smyth, only better.
I hate Brenden Morrow too much to want him here.

One of those players you hate if you are playing him, but love him if he's on your team.

I still like the Gilbert for Neal deal, despite what HFBoards think, it's close to fair value, both teams give up talented players for their needs.

Andrew B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:15 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew B View Post
I hate Brenden Morrow too much to want him here.

One of those players you hate if you are playing him, but love him if he's on your team.

I still like the Gilbert for Neal deal, despite what HFBoards think, it's close to fair value, both teams give up talented players for their needs.
Not just HF Boards I really doubt Hull&Jack will trade Neal at all. Only 21 years old with 23 goals and has a good chance to reach the 30 goal plateau in his rookie season.

Old
03-21-2009, 05:22 PM
grabo84

Quote:
Not just HF Boards I really doubt Hull&Jack will trade Neal at all. Only 21 years old with 23 goals and has a good chance to reach the 30 goal plateau in his rookie season.
He doesn't really have a shot at 30 unless he goes on an incredible tear to finish the season.

grabo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:18 PM
Hull Fan
Duck Hunting

Regardless of whatever final numbers Neal has this year he's a legit shot at 30 next season. I'd be willing to trade him but I'd want a better defenseman than Gilbert. Who isn't bad but isn't what I'd ask for if I were Dallas.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Regardless of whatever final numbers Neal has this year he's a legit shot at 30 next season. I'd be willing to trade him but I'd want a better defenseman than Gilbert. Who isn't bad but isn't what I'd ask for if I were Dallas.
Agreed!!!! 100%

Old
03-22-2009, 09:56 AM
planoser

Additionally Neal put up his goal#'s playing primarily on the 3rd line this year w/ an aged Modano and at times Sutherby as his center. Would love to see what he can do next year in a full season w/ a healthy Richards as his center.

As far as a defenseman, the Stars really do need a top pairing guy. I wouldn't mind seeing them put up a package involving Niskanen and/or Daley, and a pick to see what they could fetch. Not sure if this is enough to bring anything of value back though. If they could pull this off and somehow Zubov comes back for a low, incentive-laden contract next year, I think they'd be doing okay:
New #1, Zubov, Robidas, Grossman, Fistric, Vishnevskiy, Hutchinson

Dallas has a logjam of LW's, so could even throw in an LW if needed. Morrow, Neal, Eriksson(Currently playing RW - his offwing), Brunnstrom, and Jamie Benn in the pipeline.

Would rather see them retain Morrow, Neal, Eriksson, and Benn, so Brunnstrom would be the oddman out if needed. Althrough I am curious to see what he can do next year.

planoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Why is it that every time I read this thread title, Debbie comes to mind?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 06:56 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
rosival for mike neal

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Okay, then, have fun not signing Bouwmeester.
Because apparently Bouwmeester is the only D man going to be a UFA next season. Also lets try to use a little common sense in remembering that he is a UFA after this season so that means we don't have to give up anything....

Last edited by Sony Eriksson*: 03-23-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote