HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings activate Justin Williams

Old
03-20-2009, 05:36 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 500
I'm very happy for his return and all but I have to wonder which poster will be the first to jump ship if Williams doesn't deliver the first few games? I really don't expect much from Williams this year. I just expect for him to play hard and lead by example.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:56 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Per the Kings road report.

Lines for tonight.

Brown-Kopitar-Purcell
Calder-Stoll-Williams
Ivanans-Handzus-Simmonds
Frolov-Armstrong-Harrold

what

the

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 05:58 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post

Lines for tonight.

Brown-Kopitar-Purcell
Calder-Stoll-Williams
Ivanans-Handzus-Simmonds
Frolov-Armstrong-Harrold

what

the

NO WAY!!!

Harrold demoted to the fourth line?

Old
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
I wouldn't be surprised it that's just the first few shifts, and that Frolov will switch with Ivanans provided he "plays like he cares" or whatever TM think has been missing from his game. At the bare minimum, I highly doubt we see Ivanans on the shutdown line if we're winning in the 3rd period.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:02 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughtyJovi View Post
I hope to see our top 2 lines looking like this

Frolov Kopitar Purcell
Brown Stoll Williams (the EGS line(ENERGY, GRINDE, SCORE))
Add the other G from Energy and you have the EGGS line, and Quick is saving the bacon.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:20 PM
Omni Owl
Dead

I'm ****ing sick of Ivanans. I'd much rather have Westy in his place.

Omni Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Quattro

they have no intention of retaining Frolov, I'm afraid

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:

Lines for tonight.

Brown-Kopitar-Purcell
Calder-Stoll-Williams
Ivanans-Handzus-Simmonds
Frolov-Armstrong-Harrold

what

the

Murray is an evil genius...but seriously, what the **** is exactly right.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Face Wash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to find out the feeling was mutual... He's sure played like he doesn't wanna play in LA anymore last night.

I find it funny that all season you guys got on Murray for benching Stoll and demoting him for a game for a mistake he made and that he wasn't being even handed about it... Is he being even handed enough for you now? He just demoted the leading goal scorer on the team to the 4th line and deservedly so.

Face Wash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:36 PM
hans

Send a message via AIM to hans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
Wouldn't be surprised to find out the feeling was mutual... He's sure played like he doesn't wanna play in LA anymore last night.

I find it funny that all season you guys got on Murray for benching Stoll and demoting him for a game for a mistake he made and that he wasn't being even handed about it... Is he being even handed enough for you now? He just demoted the leading goal scorer on the team to the 4th line and deservedly so.
I'll save the Frolov lobby the time and point out that Kopitar and Brown haven't seen much time on the 4th line despite some similarly poor games, or that Gauthier and Ivanans don't get demoted for their bad penalties or giveaways. Demoting our leading goal scorer does show that Murray doesn't worship statistics. I don't think it shows that he's even-handed; if anything, it actually tips the balance of demoting Frolov vs. demoting everyone else on the team a bit further.

hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:37 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
I'll save the Frolov lobby the time and point out that Kopitar and Brown haven't seen much time on the 4th line despite some similarly poor games, or that Gauthier and Ivanans don't get demoted for their bad penalties or giveaways. Demoting our leading goal scorer does show that Murray doesn't worship statistics. I don't think it shows that he's even-handed; if anything, it actually tips the balance of demoting Frolov vs. demoting everyone else on the team a bit further.
That made a lot of sense.

You need a beer brother.

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:38 PM
ibleedkings
Is this real?

Quote:

Lines for tonight.

Brown-Kopitar-Purcell
Calder-Stoll-Williams
Ivanans-Handzus-Simmonds
Frolov-Armstrong-Harrold

what

the

How can you keep defending TM???

ibleedkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 06:46 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by hans View Post
Yep, that's how I see it.

Old
03-20-2009, 07:14 PM
boki23

C'mon guys think positive on that Fro-Army-Harrold line,they will do a lot of damage on the ice/too pits/ i can even see them too win his game for us.Have faih in TM he knows the job!
GO KINGS !!

boki23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face Wash View Post
He just demoted the leading goal scorer on the team to the 4th line and deservedly so.
Brown spent the last 3 weeks playing like complete crap and he gets rewarded by moving from the 2nd line to the top line. That makes sense! I don't understand why Brown gets a reprieve because his wife had a premature baby. I feel bad for the guy persnoally, but I don't professionally. He is the captain of the team and if his heart is/was with his family, he should be with them and not the team. That doesn't excuse his poor play and Murray playing him on the top line when he did nothing to earn it and everything to be demoted.

Frolov makes mistakes like every other player on the team but for $2.9m a season he does as good or better than anyone else in the league at that pay level including Brown. If anything, he's probably sick of being treated like a stepchild everytime he makes a mistake. Meanwhile, Dustin Brown skates around like he still has his bladeguards on.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
13 minutes, 1 shot on goal, minus 1, welcome to the re-build Justin.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Awesome! Let's hope he somehow miraculously scores a hat trick in his first game.

I'd be happy with a one point night for him considering how much time he's missed. We can use the offense.
He did have a sweet assist but unfortunately to the wrong team.

butthead666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:36 PM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
I'm very happy for his return and all but I have to wonder which poster will be the first to jump ship if Williams doesn't deliver the first few games? I really don't expect much from Williams this year. I just expect for him to play hard and lead by example.
It would be very unfair to expect much from him over the last 11 games. Next season will be the real test.

Old
03-20-2009, 10:55 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivelikejoewho View Post
Brown spent the last 3 weeks playing like complete crap and he gets rewarded by moving from the 2nd line to the top line. That makes sense! I don't understand why Brown gets a reprieve because his wife had a premature baby. I feel bad for the guy persnoally, but I don't professionally. He is the captain of the team and if his heart is/was with his family, he should be with them and not the team. That doesn't excuse his poor play and Murray playing him on the top line when he did nothing to earn it and everything to be demoted.

Frolov makes mistakes like every other player on the team but for $2.9m a season he does as good or better than anyone else in the league at that pay level including Brown. If anything, he's probably sick of being treated like a stepchild everytime he makes a mistake. Meanwhile, Dustin Brown skates around like he still has his bladeguards on.
Well said!

Frolov is high end elite and he gets treated like an *******. He makes mistakes.....OK, since we've accomplished that what do we do next? Yeah let's put him on the fourth line when this team can't score for **** and are in a playoff hunt. Well actually the playoff hopes have been somewhat of a pipe dream but it doesn't hide the fact of double standards that run through this team.
This guy gets put through more BS than I can fathom. I'm not on the sympathy tip but I get weird feelings that TM is exactly like AM in his nazi ways. Leading PP goal scorer and he doesn't get a sniff until it's too late. Absolutely ridiculous when guys like Ivanans and Harrold are playing in more important situations. TM is mental and needs to have his head examined.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 11:25 AM
butthead666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I tend to agree. I think Frolov is headed for a big big payday in the very near future
and doubt that they will be coming from AEG. Unlike Cammy he will have many more
suitors. I thing the big question now is when he is traded and not if.

Old
03-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Tatsdzyuk
wet fish

I know what you guys mean. It just seems frolov doesn't want to play here anymore. If Lombardi decides to trade him, i hope we get a good return, or else it seems like he's going to walk.

Tatsdzyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:57 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Well said!

Frolov is high end elite

"high end elite"

are you ****ing kidding me...

There's about 10 "high-end elite players" in this league.

Alexander Frolov, with his career best 71pts isn't one of them.

god, this frolov coddling has got to stop and reality really needs to commence.

He's be ****ing terrible lately. This is a team trying to make the playoffs. Terry Murray gets a nice bonus if he does. Do you really think if Frolov was playing like a difference maker he'd be on the fourth line?

WAKE
THE
UP.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 03:35 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoryRose View Post
"high end elite"

are you ****ing kidding me...

There's about 10 "high-end elite players" in this league.

Alexander Frolov, with his career best 71pts isn't one of them.

god, this frolov coddling has got to stop and reality really needs to commence.

He's be ****ing terrible lately. This is a team trying to make the playoffs. Terry Murray gets a nice bonus if he does. Do you really think if Frolov was playing like a difference maker he'd be on the fourth line?

WAKE
THE
UP.

Coddling? Are you ****ing serious!
Try watching other teams in this league that have high end talent that get to the blueline and dump the puck in. You won't see it because they actually have skill set to enter the zone. I guess you're into that boring robotic **** that keeps us in last place every year. I'm assuming you probably where a Zeiler jersey because he was cool to you once.
Frolov just a week ago was logging the most minutes as a forward. From that to fourth line in a week. Yeah, that's great timing. We have 10-15 games left and TM still can't figure out lines and continues to play Ivanans when he gets back to back penalties. He sat Fro in the third and i'm sure he learned his lesson for the 20th time this season. I just want the same **** to apply to Brown and all the other *******s on this team.

Maybe you should try and wake the **** up and actually have a mind of your own and not coddle all the TM BS that gets fed to you. We got our ***** handed to us yesterday.......for a lack of OFFENSE! I'm sure you're stoked with a 7-8 defenseman getting second line duties.......****ing pathetic! He works hard though. At what is a total mystery!

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:00 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibleedkings View Post
How can you keep defending TM???
Because results speak far more than line combinations. He took the youngest team in the league from last place in the league to a .500 record a meaningful games in March.

It's just really hilarious how everyone here finds it so easy to blame the coach and management yet refuses to hold their favorite players responsible for playing like ****.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:29 PM
VictoryRose

Quote:
Coddling? Are you ****ing serious!
Yes. If Fro doesn't want to be benched, he should play like he wants the puck, when he doesn't have it.

Quote:
Try watching other teams in this league that have high end talent that get to the blueline and dump the puck in. You won't see it because they actually have skill set to enter the zone. I guess you're into that boring robotic **** that keeps us in last place every year.
You...think dumping the puck in is what keeps this team in last place every year? A marginally more talented team in MPLS plays essentially the same style and manages to make it annually. I'm sorry, I don't follow your incredible lack of coherency.

Quote:
I'm assuming you probably where a Zeiler jersey because he was cool to you once.
John's an ok guy. I don't buy/wear team jerseys. Sorry. Really, this comment makes you seem like more of an ass than you can possibly realize, but we don't know each other, so I'll chalk it up as some sort of humour.

Quote:
Frolov just a week ago was logging the most minutes as a forward. From that to fourth line in a week. Yeah, that's great timing.
That's because even when he was playing like utter dog **** without the puck, he was given an opportunity to turn it around. He didn't, so murph played the only card he has with Fro. Ice time.

Quote:
We have 10-15 games left and TM still can't figure out lines and continues to play Ivanans when he gets back to back penalties. He sat Fro in the third and i'm sure he learned his lesson for the 20th time this season. I just want the same **** to apply to Brown and all the other *******s on this team.
Brown doesn't take shifts off, maybe that's the difference. He's playing like ass with the puck, but it isn't for lack of EFFORT. Try watching the game away from the puck. You might see what Terry Murray sees. You won't understand it the same way, as your post is clearly evident of a distinct lack of knowledge on how the game operates at ice level, but, whatever. Keep trying to compare Frolov and Brown. It's fun to watch armchairs wiggle like dying fish.

Quote:
Maybe you should try and wake the **** up and actually have a mind of your own and not coddle all the TM BS that gets fed to you. We got our ***** handed to us yesterday.......for a lack of OFFENSE! I'm sure you're stoked with a 7-8 defenseman getting second line duties.......****ing pathetic! He works hard though. At what is a total mystery!
Harrold, while not having a whole lot in the way of scoring prowess, is almost mistake-free and full of hustle on the ice.

These two things cannot be said about Alexander Frolov.

He can either play ball with coachables, or try to coast along with "intangibles" and a good scoring touch.

Too much of this game is played away/without the puck to have to play without some desperation any longer.

As for Ivan....I don't have an explanation, other than the mgmt thinks Westgarth has a higher ill-timed-penalty expectation than Ivan.

VictoryRose is offline   Reply With Quote