HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Malkin with a cheapshot to the head of Wayne Simmonds

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
  #226
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo
 
Warm Cookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 47,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign24 View Post
I LOVED seeing Malkin run off the ice after Ivanans confronted him for the run at Simmonds. What a *****.
Seriously?

Warm Cookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:21 PM
  #227
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

The potential Hart winner is a coward for not throwing down after a 4-1 win with an enforcer whose seasonal point total was matched by Malkin in the game tonight alone.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:22 PM
  #228
Claude28Giroux
praiseG
 
Claude28Giroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lewiston, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,958
vCash: 500
Malkin kept his arm tucked in, looked fine, lets keep this game manly.

Claude28Giroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:22 PM
  #229
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
Did you say the same thing when Simon slashed Hollweg in the head?
That is a terrible comparison.

How does Malkin's hit compare to a criminal act? You want to compare it to some of Pronger's hits, fine.

At least compare apples to apples.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:22 PM
  #230
RoninsRevenge
Registered User
 
RoninsRevenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Did you say the same thing when Simon slashed Hollweg in the head?[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly comparing this non-incident with that full on baseball swing?

RoninsRevenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:22 PM
  #231
nevermore
Cap space since 2005
 
nevermore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Austria
Posts: 11,902
vCash: 500
10 pages because of this? Really?

It was a clean hit. Probably unnecessary, but not illegal.

nevermore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
  #232
Syrinx
RIP MW
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
But yes, clearly I should quit watching hockey because I viewed a hit as dirty, great insight.
Either you should stop watching hockey or, better yet, [and I mean this in a truly constructive way for you] stop coming into threads involving the Penguins. You carry a blind hatred that does not let you see straight.

I've admitted other places that Malkin can play dirty. His elbow was against his body throughout this hit. It was not an intentional elbow at all. If you see an intentional elbow as you say, you are blinded as mentioned earlier.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:23 PM
  #233
Shwag33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,714
vCash: 500
It's pretty obvious malkin looked up and was expecting and open ice hit. Most of what he did was brace himself... then wayne ran his face into malkins elbow.

Shwag33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:24 PM
  #234
TOCxNJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Well I'm about done with this...I'm usually the one who thinks everything is clean. I honestly don't see how any of you honestly think that Malkin isn't trying to elbow Simmonds. And the hype of this "tucked elbow" theory is funny.

And to the dude who asked why I am pissed....I am not pissed, I honestly don't give a **** about Simmonds.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:25 PM
  #235
JMFJ 3
Registered User
 
JMFJ 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: French Polynesia
Posts: 4,770
vCash: 500
Very cheap play on Malkin's part, no class.

JMFJ 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:26 PM
  #236
The Expert
Registered Expert
 
The Expert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Jersey
Posts: 11,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Phibes View Post
That is a terrible comparison.
No, saying "it's hockey, **** happens" is a terrible argument.

Again, not saying it should be a suspension. It wasn't as blatant and intentional as say Ruutu's earlier this year or Gauthier's, but an elbow nonetheless and I'm surprised it wasn't given a minor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphenisciformes View Post
It was not an intentional elbow at all.
This isn't a fact unfortunately.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:26 PM
  #237
Darth Sidious*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
Well I'm about done with this...I'm usually the one who thinks everything is clean. I honestly don't see how any of you honestly think that Malkin isn't trying to elbow Simmonds. And the hype of this "tucked elbow" theory is funny.

And to the dude who asked why I am pissed....I am not pissed, I honestly don't give a **** about Simmonds.

Just curious. Would you define Scott Steven's famous hits as dirty because of an elbow?

Darth Sidious* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:27 PM
  #238
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Right Behind Me!
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 500
That was borderline bad at best. It looked like it was the middle of the upper arm/start of the shoulder. The elbow wasn't clearly held out/up, I do not see anything to cry about. Simmonds should be more careful.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
  #239
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Again if this was Ovechkin people would be saying how great this is

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:28 PM
  #240
Syrinx
RIP MW
 
Syrinx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
Well I'm about done with this...I'm usually the one who thinks everything is clean. I honestly don't see how any of you honestly think that Malkin isn't trying to elbow Simmonds. And the hype of this "tucked elbow" theory is funny.

And to the dude who asked why I am pissed....I am not pissed, I honestly don't give a **** about Simmonds.
Here's a clue for you. When a slew of Flyer fans are here defending Malkin and calling it clean, you may want to listen. They would like nothing more than to have Malkin get suspended for Sunday and to be labeled dirty in general.

Syrinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
  #241
Epsilon
#TeamHolland
 
Epsilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florence, SC
Posts: 39,118
vCash: 500
Keep in mind that all I've seen is the video in the first post, if there is a better one later in the thread that shows more of the play (particularly, what happened leading up to the hit), I'd like to see it.

But from watching that, I would say:

1. The contact itself was clean, if a bit unnecessary. That looks like a shoulder forearm to the head, not an elbow.

2. These types of hits should be illegal, but until they are Malkin did nothing wrong, in terms of the rules.

3. If Simmonds did not just play the puck (like I said, I'd like to see a longer clip), then I don't see how that is not an interference penalty at the very least. Since when are you allowed to play the puck and then just run over another player who hasn't made contact with it, unless you are actually carrying the puck (which Malkin was not when the hit was made).

Epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:29 PM
  #242
kmillzy5
Registered User
 
kmillzy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: hmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
The "tucked elbow" theory is really taking off here hahaha.....seriously I'm sure some of you have played hockey before and have thrown an elbow...when have you EVER extended your elbow when throwing one? You keep it close to your body so no one sees it....kinda like what is happening here with Malkin.
wow you got me. . . .Clearly nobody here sees the elbow, because it is a stroke of brilliance by Malkin! an optical illusion. . i understand now!

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #243
kmillzy5
Registered User
 
kmillzy5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: hmmm
Country: United States
Posts: 1,485
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sphenisciformes View Post
Here's a clue for you. When a slew of Flyer fans are here defending Malkin and calling it clean, you may want to listen. They would like nothing more than to have Malkin get suspended for Sunday and to be labeled dirty in general.
hahaha! oh boy. .

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #244
Nacho
Special
 
Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 2,018
vCash: 500
Man I really like watching Malkin play, he reminds me so much of Forsberg.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #245
TOCxNJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Sidious View Post
Just curious. Would you define Scott Steven's famous hits as dirty because of an elbow?
Many were dirty or at least boarderline....and I am no devils fan if you're thinking in that direction.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #246
JWells16
Registered User
 
JWells16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
Is there another video floating around somewhere or are most of you playing devil's advocate and trying to be contrary?

It was an elbow to the head. How can any of you not see that?
Because we use our eyes, and not our homer glasses?


The picture has been posted numerous times and the video clearly shows his elbow tucked in. Honestly, it's posts like these that leave me wondering if people actually do just post here to troll.

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #247
AK
Registered User
 
AK's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 15,538
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Again if this was Ovechkin people would be saying how great this is
I agree with you, but this will probably just start another huge Pens-Caps argument.

It's a bit interesting that this thread is already as long as it is for such a small incident.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:30 PM
  #248
TOCxNJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jersey Shore
Country: United States
Posts: 1,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno12 View Post
wow you got me. . . .Clearly nobody here sees the elbow, because it is a stroke of brilliance by Malkin! an optical illusion. . i understand now!
Man, you are truly showing you are a pens fan.

Good night

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
  #249
RoninsRevenge
Registered User
 
RoninsRevenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
No, saying "it's hockey, **** happens" is a terrible argument.

Again, not saying it should be a suspension. It wasn't as blatant and intentional as say Ruutu's earlier this year or Gauthier's, but an elbow nonetheless and I'm surprised it wasn't given a minor.



This isn't a fact unfortunately.
God i wish a Senator would have done this so you wouldn't be blinded by your incredible hate for the Pens. And "**** happens" isn't an argument, it's a fact about playing full contact sports. People are gonna get hurt. (although in this case he wasn't even hurt).

RoninsRevenge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:31 PM
  #250
El Dandy*
...Menace To Society
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Dry Island
Posts: 9,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass Lee View Post
No, saying "it's hockey, **** happens" is a terrible argument..
No, not really because this is hockey and it does happen on a nightly basis.

Being hit is a part of the game(clean or dirty). However, being struck in the face with a stick (baseball swing none the less) is not only not a part of the game, it is also a criminal act.

Again, terrible comparison. Do better next time.

El Dandy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.