HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr to Edmonton was very real

Old
03-20-2009, 03:39 PM
allstar3970

vCash: 500
Jagr to Edmonton was very real

via Puckdaddy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl,149538

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
The Thomas J.*

Gonna be an intresting off season.

Why Can't Sather get him back in a Ranger Jersey. I thought we have this great relationship & transfer agreement with OMSK.

We could send Redden & Gomez there in exchange for Jagr.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:12 PM
beastly115

Why would Slats re-sign him this offseason? He could have just signed Jagr for 2 seasons last summer. Slats only offered a one year deal but Jagr wanted 2.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:42 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Is he wearing his Rangers gloves in that picture?

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Is he wearing his Rangers gloves in that picture?
He's actually wearing Fedor's Tyutin's Rangers gloves. He wore them all season.

Jagr's not coming back to the Rangers. The Rangers moved on, they didn't want him, and they made that abundantly apparent last summer.

As for the Rangers great relationship and exchange agreement with Omsk, I think that went out the window when they killed our top prospect.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 04:50 PM
TheRedressor

correct me if I am wrong BUT

wouldn't any team be able to claim him off of waivers in this scenario?

Although he would be "transfered" by Omsk, he would still need to sign an NHL contract to play in the league, which at that point if he played for Omsk at any time that season he would be subject to waivers.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:40 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post

Jagr's not coming back to the Rangers. The Rangers moved on, they didn't want him, and they made that abundantly apparent last summer.

As for the Rangers great relationship and exchange agreement with Omsk, I think that went out the window when they killed our top prospect.

Actually, only one of those are Tyutin's....the other is the same glove he was worn for the last 5 years. After Toots got traded, Jags took those gloves before he left and he wore them all through camp in Omsk but Jags hates braking in new gloves so once the season started, he was back with his old gloves....after one of them couldn't be repaired anymore, he started using the new one.

I agree with you about his status with NYR. Sather had a chance to keep Jagr and allow him to retire with the team he wanted to be involved with. However, Slats thought it was best served to go in a different direction.....a route us fans wil be forced to live with for years to come.

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:45 PM
clmetsfan

I think any chance we had of getting Jagr back went out the door with Tom Renney.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:47 PM
lbrowne

The thought of him playing under torts' system really REALLY makes me want him back.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:49 PM
pld459666

Quote:

pretty stupid comment.

Mistakes happen. Omsk didn't kill the kid, the medics that left the building could be just as responsible.

you are entitled to your opinion and for the most part I truly respect them and look forward to reading your posts, but that one was a little much and totally wrong.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:56 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrowne View Post
The thought of him playing under torts' system really REALLY makes me want him back.
Jagr doesn't fit Tortarella's system; it's the North American attack style game that we all wanted Renney to implement and hoped he wouldn't stray from once Nylander, Straka, and Jagr were gone. Jagr doesn't backcheck on a consistant enough basis nor does he usually backcheck hard enough for us to constantly have our d-men pinching the way they are now, he'd rather dick around with the puck in the corner for 20 minutes then get the puck to the net the way we do in Torts system. Honestly I wonder how much one knows about Torts system, or Jagr's game, to think he'd be real affective in it.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:21 PM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Jagr doesn't fit Tortarella's system; it's the North American attack style game that we all wanted Renney to implement and hoped he wouldn't stray from once Nylander, Straka, and Jagr were gone. Jagr doesn't backcheck on a consistant enough basis nor does he usually backcheck hard enough for us to constantly have our d-men pinching the way they are now, he'd rather dick around with the puck in the corner for 20 minutes then get the puck to the net the way we do in Torts system. Honestly I wonder how much one knows about Torts system, or Jagr's game, to think he'd be real affective in it.

Why on earth would we want Jagr working his magic in the corners when we could have had Redden pinching in on the play this whole time??? I read ya!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:32 PM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
What? i can think of HUNDREDS of times jagr threw the puck at the net,he11 he even scored once doing it accidently.

As for back checking,right now we give up lots of 2 on 1's what would be the difference if jagr was here and actually HELD THE PUCK IN THE ZONE.

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:07 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
pretty stupid comment.

Mistakes happen. Omsk didn't kill the kid, the medics that left the building could be just as responsible.

you are entitled to your opinion and for the most part I truly respect them and look forward to reading your posts, but that one was a little much and totally wrong.
Of all of the crap that gets thrown around here, you're going to choose that to object to and call "stupid"?

The fact remains that the public prosecutor determined that Avangard's doctors knew he had a problem, and not only failed to get him the appropriate medical attention, but tried to treat the problem themselves with banned substances.

He never should have been playing in that game in the first place. It shouldn't have come down to whether or not an ambulance squad was called away to assist another victim or not.

The "killed our top prospect" comment was largely tongue-in-cheek, but don't try for a minute to tell me that members of the Avangard organization don't have his blood on their hands.

Mistakes happen, yes. But what Omsk's doctors did goes beyond the realm of "mistake" to gross negligence.

Last edited by squishy: 03-21-2009 at 01:12 AM.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:14 AM
EbogeNYR

Send a message via AIM to EbogeNYR
Quote:
Of all of the crap that gets thrown around here, you're going to choose that to object to and call "stupid"?

The fact remains that the public prosecutor determined that Avangard's doctors knew he had a problem, and not only failed to get him the appropriate medical attention, but tried to treat the problem themselves with banned substances.

He never should have been playing in that game in the first place. It shouldn't have come down to whether or not an ambulance squad was called away to assist another victim or not.

The "killed our top prospect" comment was largely tongue-in-cheek, but don't try for a minute to tell me that members of the Avangard organization don't have his blood on their hands.

Mistakes happen, yes. But what Omsk's doctors did goes beyond the realm of "mistake" to gross negligence.
Top notch post.

EbogeNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:50 AM
bmw2004

There is a link from a russian website which says that Jagr will leave KHL if the league will decrease the payroll next year.
http://news.livesport.ru/hockey/2009/03/18/jagr/

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:59 AM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
True, I mean the guy can't even score goals!

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 11:31 AM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
correct me if I am wrong BUT

wouldn't any team be able to claim him off of waivers in this scenario?

Although he would be "transfered" by Omsk, he would still need to sign an NHL contract to play in the league, which at that point if he played for Omsk at any time that season he would be subject to waivers.
Which is why EDM had a $7 Million salary waiting for him, knowing that would deter any of the team ahead of them in waiver priority to pass on him.

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:11 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers2009 View Post
Which is why EDM had a $7 Million salary waiting for him, knowing that would deter any of the team ahead of them in waiver priority to pass on him.
IMO that would only deter some teams. I could definitely see some teams lower on the waver wire still placing a claim for him even with that price tag.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 02:24 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:

Well... According to Sather, Jagr & his Agent never got serious about any of the negotiations before the UFA signing began..... I don't think it was the Rangers that walked away from Jagr but the other way around....

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/freeagents/journal.html

Quote:
:
4:54pm ET - Sather about Jagr: "I talked to Jaromir today and waited for a call for the last couple of days and nothing happened, so we decided they were going to move on."
This was also on an audio clip posted on msg.com but I couldn't' find it in the archives....

Knowing Jagr he probably had this mind made up for awhile... The manner in which he played it out made it look like it was the Rangers that forced the hand but it was Jagr's Agent not contacting Sather to negotiate on time....For the most part it worked pretty well as there are still plenty of fans who think Jagr wanted to sign here but the Rangers rebuffed him.... Too bad Jagr didn't have the Paul Mara mentality....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote