HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Anaheim-Ottawa

Old
03-20-2009, 02:07 PM
sammyp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by nnkd View Post
For the most part, I won't lie, I don't know Anaheim's prospects that would potentially fill spots on the third line. As for the empty D spot, won't Beauchemin be healthy next season? He'll be deserving of a raise of course but should fit into your team's cap. Not sure if you think he can fit in #2 role but he's a possibility! As for that last spot on the forwards roster (again, I skipped the third line 'cause I don't want to pretend I know what Anaheim prospects are ready to make the jump), that's solvable via free agency (or we could throw you Comrie in the Heatley/Ryan trade! ... just kidding ).

Sorry, your post was really long so my responses are kind of all over the place.
Let's just say the Ducks don't have organizational players who would be useful stepping onto the third line next season. Those holes will have to be filled via free agency or trade, the former being the most likely option because of the lack of trading chips Anaheim holds. With the slots that need to be filled it's totally out of the question to add a guy like Heatley. Bottom line is that Anaheim is lucky to have a guy like Bobby Ryan producing at a PPG clip on a rookie contract and they will not move him, period.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agi View Post
Love how you just compared Heatley to Ovechkin as he is the only player making $9.5 Million.

I guess that is why the Capitals and Senators are neck and neck in the playoff picture...oh wait.
7.5 mill for arguably the 3rd best sniper in the world is a good deal actually

look at what Staal, Vanek, Richards, Malkin, Crosby, Vinny, Sundin...etc, obvi there are 2 guys who are better whule Vinny is probaby in the same class as Heatley, but when you look at the other guys it is a good deal / very fair

HSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 09:09 PM
wayne98

I would rather have perry than heatley , perry brings alot more than just goal scoring, all heatley can do is score, perry can hit, plays nasty, true power forward.

wayne98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:44 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
I would rather have perry than heatley , perry brings alot more than just goal scoring, all heatley can do is score, perry can hit, plays nasty, true power forward.
ya.......ok

Old
03-21-2009, 05:44 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne98 View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never seen Dany Heatley play hockey.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:42 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
this trade proposal is as bad as popups...delete/block this please MOD'S?

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:44 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcrew View Post
I am a Sens fan, and value isn't even for us, but Ebbett is scoring at an over 50 point pace, aka better than Comrie... Heatley has been by far the worst of the big 3. Murray has said he will consider shedding salary. And if we have Ebbet and Perry replace Comrie and Heatley, we save around 5.5 million. Thats the biggest part of this. Plus, Picard doesn't really have a spot with us, while he definitely does with Anaheim... Without a Salary Cap, this trade obviously wouldnt make sense... but this would leave us enough space to get Bo plus a top 6 forward, with a real little bit of wiggling.
if you are, get ready to run, ill find u

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:26 PM
HSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say you've never seen Dany Heatley play hockey.
or he is a leafs fan