HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nashville/Tampa Bay on Draft Day

Old
03-20-2009, 08:37 PM
IdealisticSniper

vCash: 500
Nashville/Tampa Bay on Draft Day

Ok well after my last thread I started thinking. And from what Ive seen of the Lightning lately it looks like they are testing Stamkos with the 1st line group of St Louis and Malone and he has taken it and run with it. Makes me wonder if they are thining of moving Vinny if they get a good return.

So how about something like this on draft day ASSUMING the Lightning manage to get the 1st overall pick or the 2nd overall pick and Tavares falls (Hedman picked 1st by NYI or whomever).

Also Im not sure on Nashvilles cap situation but Im sure pieces could be moved or altered to make the numbers work well enough.

So heres the deal:

Nashville Gets:
Vincent Lecavalier
Vaclav Prospal
2nd in 09 or 10

Tampa Bay Gets:
Shea Weber
Alexander Radulov
1st in 09

This gives Nashville a franchise center in his prime who will improve them immensely on the ice and through the box office as someone who they can promote. It also gives them a solid winger/center in Prospal who Vinny loves to play with as well.

This gives Tampa Bay a true number 1 dman and if they can work things out with Radulov to get him to come back and stay here they have a top 6 winger coming as well. It also gives them a great pick in the top 15 most likely of this draft.

So from a TB perspective they would pick Tavares and hopefully get Radulov situated and have a top 6 looking like this:

Malone-Stamkos-St Louis
Radulov-Tavares-XXXX

That could be a winger from their system including possibly their pick in this draft with Nashvilles pick or possibly a UFA signing etc.

Also gives them a great top 4 Dmen IMO

Weber-Meszaros
Ranger-Smaby

And then rest of the team is filled in with current players, players from the system including some good prospects they currently have etc. And Obviously Smith in goal.

IdealisticSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Acehawk74
HFBoards Sponsor

Imo, certainly one of the Lecavalier proposals that make sense. Some of them seem so goofy, but this one seems to have a good purpose to it.

I'm curious as to what some of the Lightning fanbase, and Preds fanbases think about this.

Acehawk74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:42 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Cause at least hes not in Tennessee.

The Fear Boners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 08:57 PM
HangingWithMrCooper

It almost makes me vomit to say it but I think I make this deal. It works out well for both teams and sets the Bolts up well for the years ahead.

HangingWithMrCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 10:45 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

As a Preds fan, I'd seriously consider this. But the problem is it leaves us with 3 legitimate top six centers. Plus we have Wilson who should be ready in just a couple years

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:00 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Not to say I wouldn't want Lecavalier, but we're awfully full at center right now, all things considered, and Weber ia our top offensive threat from the blue line with no immediate replacement in the system.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:24 PM
God
Free Citizen

Maybe replace Weber with Suter and add another Preds pick?

I don't think the difference (at least in terms of defensive play) is that large between Weber and Suter, from what I've seen. Suter is on par...could even be better?

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 11:30 PM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I think this deal makes little sense since nobody knows the sure status of Radulov right now. Otherwise, if we, TB, gets Tavares in the draft and we got a trade of Vinny+ Vaclav for Weber, a 1st, dman prospect and forward to be named (possibly Radulov if he returns)

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:03 AM
DwightKSchrute

What are the chances of Radulov coming back to the NHL?

DwightKSchrute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:43 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon89 View Post
What are the chances of Radulov coming back to the NHL?
It's still up in the air. I'd say 50/50

But obviously this deal would depend on his situation

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:48 AM
TheDaysOf 04
a new era

I don't like it from a Lightning perspective. First off I don't think Radulov is going to come back to the NHL. Apart from that I don't want to trade Lecavalier. I know we need a top defensemen, but the price for Weber is more than to my liking. I'm not saying the deals not fair, but I would rather not have to trade away Lecavalier if that's what it took to get Weber. There are other options to get a top defender. Hopefully we can sign a free agent, draft one, or trade for someone who isn't as incredible as Weber.

TheDaysOf 04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Predsrule

deal would never fly no way we add that much money

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:52 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

We, TB, will be fine with getting rid of Prospal on the cheap, but not Vinny. Dumont, Weber, defensive prospect and a first for Vinny and Prospal might fly, but I still don't want to give up Vincent.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:56 AM
andora

Send a message via MSN to andora
being a nashville fan it's very tempting, but i think, for me personally, it comes down to this:

weber, no
suter, yes

andora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 04:36 AM
bassassin

Would help our blueline, but if Radulov doesnt come over we are a 1 line team all over again, except instead of having a Rocket Richard winner centering that line, we have a 19 year old, not quite as deadly. And our second line instead of having Richards, who had a hard enough time on his own, would be a rookie with 2nd/3rd line tweeners again not a recipe for lots of goals.

Our problems would be amplified if we traded Vinny, he isnt playing well this year for sure, but if he goes back to his last season form (or first 42 games before injury) then we would be trading away one of the best players in the league, and I cannot think of a team that won in a trade where that happened. Just recently Thornton, Luongo, and on a slightly lower level Boyle. They dont work.

A dman (admittedly not on Webers level) can be picked up in free agency without trading Vinny away.

Also wouldnt they be putting Stamkos on the top line at the seasons end so he keeps scoring and his confidence is high to start next season. As confidence is key for young players. While Vinny doesnt need that, he knows he can score.

Last edited by bassassin: 03-21-2009 at 04:41 AM.
bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 08:32 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

I really can't see Lecavlier going to Nashville so no deal.

tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
I don't think it'd happen on both ends. Weber is our quarterback and is becoming the face of the franchise, and Vinny's salery is $7 mill. which isn't happening over here.
Tampa won't trade Vinny, he is the face of the franchise, and he's locked up long term, and Radulov might not return.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:07 AM
T_Cage
VP of Awesome

i can say its probably the best Vinny proposal i've seen on here. So congrats to the OP.

Still, i dont think either team does it...if only that it doesnt fit their team needs. Nash already has a Centre pipeline, would create a gaping hole in D, and might not be able to afford Vinny.

Tampa has a big qustion mark in Radulov, and if Stamkos gets into a sophmore slump, they are cooked. At least with Vinny around to kinda mentor him and take the pressure off Steven can grow. What the Bolts could really use is a good 2nd line winger or 2 to play with Stamkos next season.

Although again, great value.

T_Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 10:10 AM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
deal would never fly no way we add that much money
That is what crossed my mind last night. Vinny has a great cap hit for what he brings, but does Nashville want to pay the actual cash number for him (10 mil) for the next couple of years? I don't know the financial status of the team so I won't spout off how they're "struggling", etc, but do they really want to pay that money?

Old
03-21-2009, 10:21 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeBearMountain View Post
That is what crossed my mind last night. Vinny has a great cap hit for what he brings, but does Nashville want to pay the actual cash number for him (10 mil) for the next couple of years? I don't know the financial status of the team so I won't spout off how they're "struggling", etc, but do they really want to pay that money?
They have a self imposed cap, anything over 4.5 isn't going to fly.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:57 PM
The Fear Boners
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
They have a self imposed cap, anything over 4.5 isn't going to fly.
Gotcha, thank you.

When the cap goes down, they're going to be in a very, very good position.

Old
03-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Let me get this straight. Montréal would have to start with Price, or Markov and add++++ while Nashville gives Weber, then a first eh.. and player who isn't in the NHL and they get Lecavalier... Prospal... AND a 2nd ? Tampa's 2nd ? That's going to be what... 33rd ?

In this case, Weber is more valuable to Tampa than Markov. There's potentially a chance Tampa is competitive next year, but more likely 2-3, when Weber will be in his prime and Markov will be closing the end of his.

Seriously, HF standards are whacked.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Let me get this straight. Montréal would have to start with Price, or Markov and add++++ while Nashville gives Weber, then a first eh.. and player who isn't in the NHL and they get Lecavalier... Prospal... AND a 2nd ? Tampa's 2nd ? That's going to be what... 33rd ?

In this case, Weber is more valuable to Tampa than Markov. There's potentially a chance Tampa is competitive next year, but more likely 2-3, when Weber will be in his prime and Markov will be closing the end of his.

Canadians > Russians

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 07:46 AM
Pyke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

I'm confused.

What are you confused about?

Weber > Markov. Anybody in hockey could tell you that. Well, anyone outside of Quebec.

Price is outstanding in terms of prospects, but when the center piece of the deal involving Brad Richards was a goalie, I think Tampa made their bed and now has to sleep in it goalie wise.

If Radulov is guaranteed in the NHL; this deal would be really tempting for Tampa. The problem is Radulov probably isn't coming back; which makes it basically #1 D man for #1 center (and parts); and I don't know that's equal right now. Weber is probably a top 5 defenceman, but Vinny has proven he is one of the best centers in the game and has a cup. That counts for a lot.

Pyke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:40 AM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
I think Poile would seriously consider this even with the now excess of centers, Legwand can move over to winger and the problem is solved. Any Preds fans who are talking about how we don't have money dont realize Lecavalier can make money and with losing Webers contract that is a big chunk of it plus with any expiring contracts like Sullivan and Bonk.

If both teams can deal with the change in chemistry with the swap of superstars this should improve both teams greatly.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote