HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Notices

Ritola out 4-6 weeks

Old
03-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Filppula
Jurks

vCash: 500
Ritola out 4-6 weeks

Techically this belongs in the prospects thread but that's dead and no one reads it. Anyway Ritola is out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury he suffered last night, real shame.

I just hope he can get back in a months time because the Griffins, barring a disaster, should still be playing. This is a big blow for Mattias who was having a good season. But he's still young and will bounce back.

In other news Red Wings assigned junior defenseman Brian Lashoff to Grand Rapids after he finished up his season in the OHL. It will be real interesting to see the young defenceman.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 07:18 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filppula View Post
Techically this belongs in the prospects thread but that's dead and no one reads it.
that only means that no one cares about our prospects.

but since ritola is always a possible call-up and because we all love him, i'm fine with an extra thread about his injury.

Quote:
Anyway Ritola is out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury he suffered last night, real shame.
ouch. that hurts the griffins a lot. but he will be back and help again. but the griffs are really running out of depth.

Quote:
In other news Red Wings assigned junior defenseman Brian Lashoff to Grand Rapids after he finished up his season in the OHL. It will be real interesting to see the young defenceman.
this already has an own thread.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 09:45 AM
Filppula
Jurks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
that only means that no one cares about our prospects.

but since ritola is always a possible call-up and because we all love him, i'm fine with an extra thread about his injury.

ouch. that hurts the griffins a lot. but he will be back and help again. but the griffs are really running out of depth.
Group hug for Mattias.

Yeah the Griffins have their fair share of worries. They'll most likely lose Leino and Helm for the playoffs which will be a huge blow but hopefully they've been planning for such happenings. McCarty is playing well though so that's a plus and Jan Mursak should hopefully get a few games now (assuming he becomes eligible, not clear on that front) with larger responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
this already has an own thread.
Oh gosh, I'm slow.

Filppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 11:57 AM
TOPGUN
I Am Terrible!

I believe that Ritola was having a good season so far?
Too bad.

TOPGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2009, 12:08 PM
heyfolks

A tough injury but this Griffin team is resilent. ( Major Props to Coach Fraser. )

As for Tonight Show, I am not so certain he will be called up to Detroit. The Wings won't bring him up to be a black ace when he can log 20+ in the AHL post season. I know most say it is a given Helm will be called up. Again, he is a phone call away and will play 20 a night in the post season. If the Wing's have no injuries, Ericcson is the only sure fire post season promotion. Helm is certainly next and then, I am saying Mac if the Wings want some post season style toughness. (Hey, in that regard, Mac is all they have.)

heyfolks is offline   Reply With Quote