HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #72 - 03.21.09 | Buffalo Sabres @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - WPIX11 (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2009, 01:16 AM
danno2530

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Great game tonight. Of course it wouldn't be the Rangers if it wasn't exciting at the end, but fortunately they got it done.

Just a great atmosphere at the Garden tonight. It felt like a playoff game - especially in the first. Crowd was going nuts. I don't think it's a coincidence that the two best crowds of the year that I've witnessed was the Boston game and then this one. Granted, they are big, late season games against tough opponents who brought in a bunch of fans to the arena, but there has to be something said for the style of play.

And yes - the Sabres fans I witnessed at the arena were jerks. There were 3 Buffalo fans sitting behind us - 2 of them women - and they were cursing the Rangers out, trying to chant "Lets go Buffalo" over the organ's "Let's go Rangers" chant and just acting in a manor that shouldn't fly in a visiting arena. Fortunately we had a nice, ornery crowd up in 415 tonight, so they were treated accordingly. After Naslund's goal, myself and a couple others just turned around and looked at them to see a blank, disgusted look. What a beautiful sight. (I should note that I talked to a few cool ones as well in the pizzeria before the game)

As for the game, Avery with another great effort, Henrik made some big saves, Callahan is just a beast right now and I officially love Nikolai Antropov and want him re-signed for as many years as possible under the cap.

Great win, keep it up tomorrow.

Old
03-22-2009, 01:44 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Just got back from game and city....the Garden was rockin tonight. Awesome win.

Old
03-22-2009, 02:34 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

It's really amazing how the three new guys are basically three of the best six or seven players on the team right now.

Thank you Brett Hull and thank you Don Maloney, because only that 2nd was of real value to this team.

Old
03-22-2009, 03:13 AM
drewfosho

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Great game tonight. Of course it wouldn't be the Rangers if it wasn't exciting at the end, but fortunately they got it done.

Just a great atmosphere at the Garden tonight. It felt like a playoff game - especially in the first. Crowd was going nuts. I don't think it's a coincidence that the two best crowds of the year that I've witnessed was the Boston game and then this one. Granted, they are big, late season games against tough opponents who brought in a bunch of fans to the arena, but there has to be something said for the style of play.

And yes - the Sabres fans I witnessed at the arena were jerks. There were 3 Buffalo fans sitting behind us - 2 of them women - and they were cursing the Rangers out, trying to chant "Lets go Buffalo" over the organ's "Let's go Rangers" chant and just acting in a manor that shouldn't fly in a visiting arena. Fortunately we had a nice, ornery crowd up in 415 tonight, so they were treated accordingly. After Naslund's goal, myself and a couple others just turned around and looked at them to see a blank, disgusted look. What a beautiful sight. (I should note that I talked to a few cool ones as well in the pizzeria before the game)

As for the game, Avery with another great effort, Henrik made some big saves, Callahan is just a beast right now and I officially love Nikolai Antropov and want him re-signed for as many years as possible under the cap.

Great win, keep it up tomorrow.
Haha. I was in 415 also. I know who you are talking about. Did you notice that clown in the Vanek jersey in the 2nd row with his girl? What a tool.

Old
03-22-2009, 07:57 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
About a month ago I was about ready to give this team up for dead. We still don't have what it takes to go all the way but at least we're back to being a fun team to watch--so hallellujah for that.
I feel the same way. Have not been able to post as work has kept me away, but the changes in the team are drastic and obvious. From Torts to Avery to Andropov/Morris, the team is playing well.

Old
03-22-2009, 10:36 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/console.j...id=-6&id=37363

I think the end of this postgame interview is great. Offense is the best defense. I love it.

And LOL at him not knowing it was Cally's birthday. "No, I didn't get him a gift."

Old
03-22-2009, 11:25 AM
Thordic
StraightOuttaConklin

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmcg11 View Post
I dunno i went to the Devil's game when brodeur broke the wins record and they cheered "Rangers suck Gomez swallows" more than they cheered "lets go devils" found that really annoying
I was there too, had free tickets in row 14 so I wasn't going to say no.

A group of devils fans behind me spent more time *****ing about the Rangers (they were watching the score of the game against Montreal) and spent more time *****ing about the Rangers than cheering Marty for his win.

I just don't understand it. When I'm at a Rangers game, the last thing I care about is what the Devils are doing that night. I may want them to lose, but I'm at a Rangers game and I'm gonna spend my time cheering for the team. I'll worry about what the Devils do later. Its really odd.

Old
03-22-2009, 11:50 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Devil fans worry more about us than their own team, that is a fact.

In a way that's alright, they've become so obessed with us it's almost fun!

Old
03-23-2009, 01:38 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewAlmighty View Post
Haha. I was in 415 also. I know who you are talking about. Did you notice that clown in the Vanek jersey in the 2nd row with his girl? What a tool.
Yep, they were sitting a few seats down from us. They were rather quiet after a while

Old
03-23-2009, 10:17 AM
ap215

Thanks PIX that was fun hopefully they'll be more games coming to PIX in the future.

Old
03-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap215 View Post
Thanks PIX that was fun hopefully they'll be more games coming to PIX in the future.
No way, PIX didnt have the pre game show, so bullocks to that.

Old
03-27-2009, 10:56 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
i agree by far the worst, but for the most part other fans are pretty respectable at the garden. just seems like buffalo tend to be a little more talk happy than most..then again i dont exactly sit there keeping to myself
There could not have been THAT many Buffalo fans.
I mean Buffalo is not a good team, they play in a really small market, not nearby, why and how would they be able to infiltrate a nightly sold out MSG?

It couldn't have been anywhere more than am average amount and certainly NOT what we have in Buffalo, could it?

Old
03-27-2009, 10:57 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Just got back from game and city....the Garden was rockin tonight. Awesome win.
Was it rocking you think due to the Rangers and general or was it because Ranger fans were trying to drown out Buffalo fans.

Closed Thread