HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nashville/Tampa Bay on Draft Day

Old
03-22-2009, 03:52 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500

I puked a bit in my mouth.

YES!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 04:20 PM
God
Free Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyBoyCoy View Post

YES!

God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 04:26 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
I'm confused.

What are you confused about?

Weber > Markov. Anybody in hockey could tell you that. Well, anyone outside of Quebec.

Price is outstanding in terms of prospects, but when the center piece of the deal involving Brad Richards was a goalie, I think Tampa made their bed and now has to sleep in it goalie wise.

If Radulov is guaranteed in the NHL; this deal would be really tempting for Tampa. The problem is Radulov probably isn't coming back; which makes it basically #1 D man for #1 center (and parts); and I don't know that's equal right now. Weber is probably a top 5 defenceman, but Vinny has proven he is one of the best centers in the game and has a cup. That counts for a lot.
The rumours of Lecavalier to Montréal, everyone wanted montréal to give up Markov ++ But here, Weber and a player who won't come over and a 1st for Lecavalier and a 2nd ?

Counter offer, Markov, Perezhogin, Konstantin Korneyev and a 1st for Lecavalier and a 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cao View Post
Keep away from reflective surfaces then.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
I really can't see Lecavlier going to Nashville so no deal.
Well then, if you don't see it, then what's the point? Tell me, did you "see" Forsberg coming to Nashville?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyke View Post
The problem is Radulov probably isn't coming back;
You don't know that, so don't make it seem like fact. Radulov's agent has said Radulov has expressed interest in coming back now that Radulov's team is out of the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The rumours of Lecavalier to Montréal, everyone wanted montréal to give up Markov ++ But here, Weber and a player who won't come over and a 1st for Lecavalier and a 2nd ?

Counter offer, Markov, Perezhogin, Konstantin Korneyev and a 1st for Lecavalier and a 2nd.
Obviously, as said before, the deal would be dependent on Radulov saying he is for sure returning.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 06:45 PM
bassassin

Quote:

Part of the problem for the Canadiens is most Tampa fans dislike Montreal in the extreme, because for years he has always been rumoured to be going there (back home). It is even funnier now, as we know he would help being a big scoring centre they need, and I for one wouldnt want him to help.

Nashville on the other hand have never felt entitled to any player on our roster, add on to the fact that Weber is not yet in his prime yet already on a similar level to Markov and that is a big reason why the deal is being supported more.

Im sure that the management wouldnt think of it that way, but you are dealing with fans, you are never going to get an entirely unbiased view.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 09:44 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

While the value may be close, there's simply nothing anyone could offer that would make me give up Weber, at this point. And while there's a lot of scoffing over the value of Radulov, there is a lot pointing to him coming back this fall...so again, it's just too much.

I know the word "untouchable" gets thrown around a lot, but Weber is about the only case I can make for it.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:47 AM
peanutvendor

Quote:

its quite simple to most people. weber younger and about the same as markov talent wise at the moment, and radulov is better than andrei kostitsyn, who is a comparable player on the canadiens. and i beleive the whole deal would focus on radulov returning.

i would do the proposed deal over your counter offer any day of the week, and im pretty sure anyone not a canadiens fan would agree.

peanutvendor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:51 AM
SkullSplitter

Weber = young perennial Norris contender

He's way way way better than Markov. He's the whole package.

How many defensemen can be the number one shut down guy, number one physical guy, and number one PP guy on their team?

He's a franchise player, while Markov is an elite player.

SkullSplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 11:28 AM
ViD

The only way to consider this trade is to have a 100% yes from Radulov to come play in the NA. If it's not clear, no way Tampa should even try.

ViD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 11:49 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

This is a solid enough, fair proposal in hockey value terms.

Nashville, I think, would have to decline because of the contract to Lecavalier, both the annual cap hit as well as the long term. That team has to be frugal with contracts, and Lecavalier's deal does not qualify.

Tampa Bay might balk for two reasons. First, the team was widely assumed to be testing the waters by discussing a trade with Montreal prior to the draft, to see how the market might react. The overwhelmingly negative reaction in Florida appeared to end all trade discussions. Has this changed? Secondly, there is the remaining uncertainty with regard to Radulov. It's fair to assume that the situation will not have been wholly resolved by the draft: It won't be clear by late June either that Radulov is about to return, or that he has no desire ever to return. It will be an unknown quantity, as it is today.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 11:59 AM
BadHammy*
MSL For Hart!

I'm sorry but this isn't going to work, happen etc. Nashville has some trouble roster and finance wise. Legwand is eating up way too much money, Arnott appears to be aging rapidly @ 4.5m per and Sullivan is a free agent too. I don't think you guys have the assets to get Lecavalier by himself, let alone with another top 6 forward and a high pick. Here's what could maybe work, Dumont, Weber, a medium to high pick and a good dman prospect for Vinny (4) and Prospal.

BadHammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:05 PM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
Hi there;

The only thing is Tampa Bay is gona pick Hedman and should be 2nd overal and not 1st.
So tampa Bay should keep Vinny and there gon bounc back with out making a deal.
Plus they have Lashoff+karsum in the prospect for trading Recchi. So Tampa don t need to make any deal.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Cool Hand Luke

First off, New York will not draft Hedman over Tavares. So either way, Tampa would be in position to draft Hedman. So why not keep Vinny, draft Hedman? From what I've heard, Hedman is NHL ready. He's got the potential to be as good as Weber, if not better. The only thing that screws this up is if Colorado drops below Tampa in the final standings, which is possible. In that case, do you trade Vinny to replace him with Kane/Duchene?

If Vinny is in fact on the table, why not try this:

Draft Hedman.

then

To Vancouver:
Vinny (10m)
Prospal (3.5m)

To Tampa:
Hodgson (2m -likely)
Bieksa (3.75m)
Bernier (2.5m)
1st 2009

Works well for both teams. Stamkos-Hodgson is one hell of a one-two punch. Plus, Vancouver is in danger of losing the Sedins this off season. If Vancouver could sign Gaborik, that would be one heck of a first line. (Demitra-Vinny-Gaborik)

Cool Hand Luke is offline   Reply With Quote