HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"All Things Peoria" thread...

Closed Thread

Old
03-19-2009, 10:28 AM
pcgflyers12*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jedi View Post
3/18 Manny Legace and Peoria got the 1-0 shutout tonight over the San Antonio Rampage. They moved into 4th place last weekend, and now they have moved into third place. They play tomorrow against the Rampage again and the Houston Aeros Saturday. If they win tomorrow night, they pass the Aeros into second place. Chris Porter scored the lone goal this evening.
thats a good confidence boost for Manny.

Old
03-19-2009, 11:55 AM
hockey jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwermblues24 View Post
thats a good confidence boost for Manny.
Definitely. I wonder if he might be next years backup after all with a change of attitude and a smaller contract.

I want Peoria to get in the playoffs for the extra games. I am hoping some of our college and junior prospects get to Peoria to get some experience ala David Backes.

Old
03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
stlweir

Anyone know when Livingston and Lehtera's first game will be?

Old
03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
hockey jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Anyone know when Livingston and Lehtera's first game will be?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I know it's not tonight per the attached game sheet. Peoria is really rolling right now and right in the middle of a playoff race. I am sure that Livingston and Lehtera will have to show in practice that they are better than someone that is playing before they will get a shot in a meaningful game.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/offici...ame_id=1005761

Old
03-19-2009, 09:19 PM
stlweir

I don't think they signed them to sit in the press box or on the bench.

Old
03-20-2009, 09:22 AM
hockey jedi

Riverman lost in OT picking up one point. They now have the same amount of points (75) as second place Houston, who they play twice this weekend. The Riverman are a fun story kind of like the Blues. They can't win their division, but it would be great to make the playoffs and finish in second place. I'm hoping our college and junior prospect's teams get knocked out early so they can sign amateur contracts with the Riverman.

Old
03-21-2009, 11:40 PM
hockey jedi

3/21 The Riverman lost tonight 2-1 to 2nd place Houston to fall back into third behind Houston. The Aeros also have two games in hand. We play them again tomorrow with a chance to tie for points. Jori Lehtera made his debut. He had one shot on goal.

Old
03-22-2009, 08:40 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Jori Lehtera made his debut. He had one shot on goal.
Did you saw the game? If so, how was Jori there ?

Old
03-22-2009, 08:55 AM
stlweir

Any comments about how Lehtera (sp) played in his first game?

Old
03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
hockey jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
Did you saw the game? If so, how was Jori there ?
I didn't see the game. I saw the score sheet. Apparently, the Riverman couldn't get much going offensively. They play again today against the same team.

http://stats.theahl.com/stats/offici...ame_id=1005778

Old
03-22-2009, 03:02 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zundo View Post
Do you know who the leading shorthanded point getters are...off hand?

And Tomas Kana in a fight? I gotta see that.
Well, I know that Yan Stastny has the most shorties on the Rivermen, but overall I am not sure. And the Rivermen lead the league, by far, in short-handed goals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlweir View Post
Any comments about how Lehtera (sp) played in his first game?
Not really anything yet. Unfortunately, the stat sheets on the AHL website do not indicate TOI. That's what I was most curious about for his first game with Peoria.

EDIT: Lehterä had one shot on goal, but I have no idea if he played strictly even-strength or special teams, nor do I know on which line he played.

P_B? Did you watch the game? If so, then do you have any comments on our newest Riv?

Last edited by ChicagoBlues: 03-22-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Added something.
Old
03-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoBlues View Post
Unfortunately, the stat sheets on the AHL website do not indicate TOI. That's what I was most curious about for his first game with Peoria.

EDIT: Lehterä had one shot on goal, but I have no idea if he played strictly even-strength or special teams, nor do I know on which line he played.

P_B? Did you watch the game? If so, then do you have any comments on our newest Riv?
I'm watching today's game on the 'Net. Lehtera's not looking bad at all... he's good on faceoffs, very good with the puck in traffic, can shoot, goes to the net. He's playing a regular shift with Filewich and Corazzini, and they're getting a few chances.

I'd guess he'll probably finish today with 15-18 minutes of ice time total; third-line minutes, basically.

P_B

Old
03-22-2009, 07:54 PM
STL fan in IA

The Rivs were losing 3-1 going into the 3rd but goals by Whitfield and Stastny (his second of the game) sent it to overtime. Houston ended up winning it in a SO. It went 8 rounds with Legace stopping 3 of 8 shots. Peoria SO goals came from Talbot, Drazenovic and two from Regier. At least the Rivs got a point.

I'll probably watch their game here in Des Moines on Tuesday.

Old
03-22-2009, 07:56 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'm watching today's game on the 'Net. Lehtera's not looking bad at all... he's good on faceoffs, very good with the puck in traffic, can shoot, goes to the net. He's playing a regular shift with Filewich and Corazzini, and they're getting a few chances.

I'd guess he'll probably finish today with 15-18 minutes of ice time total; third-line minutes, basically.

P_B
Well, there ya go boyz! Thanx for the update P_B.

Corazzini is a fine player...very skilled. AHL-level skill, mind you, but still a very good player and the Rivermen are lucky to have him.

Glad to hear that Lehterä's playing with at least one skilled player. But I suppose at this point it doesn't mater that much with whom he plays, as long as he gets some decent minutes.

I think it was a good idea to let him watch at least one game. I bet his new teammates had some fun with him in full-contact practice drills.

Old
03-22-2009, 07:58 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
The Rivs were losing 3-1 going into the 3rd but goals by Whitfield and Stastny (his second of the game) sent it to overtime. Houston ended up winning it in a SO. It went 8 rounds with Legace stopping 3 of 8 shots. Peoria SO goals came from Talbot, Drazenovic and two from Regier. At least the Rivs got a point.

I'll probably watch their game here in Des Moines on Tuesday.
Wow! At least Peoria got one point. Thanx for the update Iowa.

Old
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM
hockey jedi

The Golden Gophers are done

Let's get Cade Fairchild signed and to Peoria!!!

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArti...ATCLID=1611772

Old
03-26-2009, 10:46 AM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Let's get Cade Fairchild signed and to Peoria!!!
It's probably more likely that they'd sign Jay Barriball than Cade Fairchild, but both still have at least a year of NCAA eligibility remaining.

The Rivermen could use an offensive catalyst on the point, though... and Fairchild would fit that description.

P_B

Old
03-26-2009, 11:11 AM
schronote

Barriball is tied with Fairchild with team lead with 16 pp points, I would like to see both of these guys in Peoria next season.

Old
04-01-2009, 03:01 AM
ChicagoBlues

Peoria has only 6 games left and are in solid position to make the playoffs.

Old
04-03-2009, 03:06 AM
execwrite

Rivermen to playoffs?

from pjstar.com

13-4-2 run since Feb. 22.

Rookie defenseman Ivan Vishnevskiy had a three-game goalscoring streak. Steve Regier is on a three-game goalscoring streak now. Julian Talbot has 3 goals and 9 shots in the last two games.

Trent Whitfield, who has produced 5 goals, 8 assists, a +5 rating and 42 shots in 16 games.
And unsung defenseman Justin Fletcher, whose 15 points (3 goals, 12 assists, +9 rating) in the last 18 games are tops on the team.

Yan Stastny (6 goals, 6 assists, +8 and 43 shots in last 18 games), and Chris Porter (4 goals, 7 assists, +8 and 31 shots last 18 games)

Team has rolled to 9 straight home wins.

Old
04-03-2009, 09:31 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Winning is contagious.

Old
04-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Axe08

I love trent whitefield. I donno why, just because he is tight. I actually got to see him when he was called up for a bit. It was against the avs i think

Old
04-03-2009, 02:25 PM
ChicagoBlues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe08 View Post
I love trent whitefield. I donno why, just because he is tight. I actually got to see him when he was called up for a bit. It was against the avs i think
Me too. Whitfield definitely has NHL-level skill, but he doesn't stick to the big club because he's one of those "tweeners". He's not good enough to hold down an NHL, top-two line job, but he's not really adept at a checking, energy role either. I mean, he can play an awesome defensive game, but his strong suit is scoring and being a "go-to guy". It's just that he's not good enough to do that at the NHL level and using him as a checking forward is doing him and the team a disservice.

And I think that JD et al. see him as being much more valuable as a scoring machine in the AHL rather than having middling success in the NHL. From a couple different interviews over the past couple seasons, he's said that he feels he's got what it takes to play in the NHL and really wants to be up so bad. He's better off staying at Peoria where he enjoys lots of success.

Old
04-10-2009, 07:07 AM
execwrite

PJStar awards -----

MVP: Manny Legace is the MVP of Peoria’s powerful stretch run, but captain Trent Whitfield has been there all year. It’s Whitfield.

Best Defenseman: With St. Louis Blues prospects on the roster like Steve Wagner and Jonas Junland, never thought this guy’s name would be written in this slot. But here he is: Steve Fletcher. His 31 points lead all Peoria defensemen, and his +20 is best among all players on the team.

Best Forward: Take a bow, Mr. Whitfield.

Best Rookie
: Junland, a defenseman who earned a trip to the All-Star game and at midseason had the second-most goals among all blue-liners in the AHL.

Most Improved Player: A tie between wingers Chris Porter and Ryan Reaves. The latter elevated his physical game and became one of the best checking-line forwards in the league.

True Grit/Unsung Hero
: Winger Yan Stastny, who has been phenomenal since he came back from the NHL to join Peoria’s stretch run.

Best Defensive Forward: Chris Porter had a great second half and is a warrior on the penalty-kill unit.

Old
04-10-2009, 03:57 PM
ChicagoBlues

Thank you execwrite for posting these up. I was definitely NOT going to get around to doing that anytime soon. Thanks again, they needed to be up.

Closed Thread