HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rozsival to undergo MRI Tomorrow (Update: out 7 to 10 days)

Old
03-22-2009, 10:15 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Rozsival to undergo MRI Tomorrow (Update: out 7 to 10 days)

for left knee injury sustained in tonight's game.

Per Gross:
http://njmg.typepad.com/rangersblog/
Quote:
Defenseman Michal Rozsival will undergo an MRI tomorrow to determine the damage on his left knee. He left the Garden walking very stiffly, though without aid but said he wouldn't know whether he could play Tuesday against the Wild until he's examined.

Figure the Rangers bring up a defenseman from Hartford. Bobby Sanguinetti and Corey Potter are the leading candidates with perhaps Michael Sauer as an outside possibility.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:16 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Wow... I'd love to see Sangs get the call up just to get an idea of whether he can play at NHL level. It will probably be Potter though.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:19 PM
McMonster

Idk if this is good or bad.

It's bad that the guy is injured obviously but now we can get another look at a prospect.

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Sauer or Sans, nice, reminds me of Girardis late season call up in 07'.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
BTW, didn't Rozy have surgery on that knee in the offseason?
I think he had hip surgery

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

BTW, didn't Rozy have surgery on that knee in the offseason?

Old
03-22-2009, 10:23 PM
Rangerfan4life90

wish it was redden but o well...rosy is 2nd best i guess

Call up Sangs

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Sauer or Fahey please. I will be angry if Harry Potter gets the call again he's been ******** the bed in Hartford, while lately Fahey and Sauer have been dynamite.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:27 PM
045NYR

hopefully its nothing serious otherwise we definitely wont be able to move him in the offseason.

045NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I think he had hip surgery
Ohh, that's better. I was worried he may have re-aggravated a prior injury.

Old
03-22-2009, 10:30 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Wow... I'd love to see Sangs get the call up just to get an idea of whether he can play at NHL level. It will probably be Potter though.
It should be Sauer. But it will probably be Potter. Sanguintti's not ready.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 10:47 PM
ruckus*

Michal Rulenfurter?

Rowengartner?

Bah.

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:14 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkinFan71 View Post

It's bad that the guy is injured obviously but now we can get another look at a prospect.
Really?

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:18 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
It's bad. Very bad. We may have lost one of our top defensemen who plays a large number of minutes. That = bad.

we want cup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:23 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:

come on man, i know the guy makes mistakes but you cant just expect a kid from hartford to just step up here an fill in for the amount of ice time rozy has per game

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by peanutbuttacallytime View Post
come on man, i know the guy makes mistakes but you cant just expect a kid from hartford to just step up here an fill in for the amount of ice time rozy has per game
Exactly, and say what you want to, most nights (emphasis on most nights) Rozy is easily our 2nd or 3rd best d-man Behind Staal and lately Redden (please don't crucify me but Reddens been great the last 8-9 games with that Saturday Philly game being the only gaffe)

Its hard for Potter or Sauer to just come up and adjust to Tort's system and play 20+ mins a night in all situations. Will be tough but I do hope whichever youngster we call up can do just that

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:

There's ten games to go, the Rangers are barely in a playoff position and may have just lost the defenseman who hasn't averaged less than 20 minutes a game since the lockout and you don't know if it's good or bad?

And given that there are no defensive prospects who are fully ready to step in and play lots of minutes in the NHL, why do you think it's a good thing to get a look at a prospect? This is about the worst possible situation to bring up a young, inexperienced player. There's a new coach who's just getting familar with the players on the NHL roster and who probably hasn't seen more than one or two Wolfpack games--if that. Guaranteed, whoever is called up won't play much at all and won't have much, if any impact.

If this injury keeps Roszival out for more than a few games, this is very bad indeed.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Sauer or Sans, nice, reminds me of Girardis late season call up in 07'.
Apples and oranges--Girardi played 34 games after he was called up in Feb. This situation is completely different.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:50 AM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
It won't surprise me at all if more than one defenseman gets the call-up should the cap permit it if Rozy is out for an extended period of time if not the rest of the year

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:58 AM
Chimp

I'm confident Morris can handle more ice time. Losing Rozsival will still be a loss though. That collision didn't look good, I suspect ligament damage.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 06:38 AM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
It's bad. Very bad. We may have lost one of our top defensemen who plays a large number of minutes. That = bad.
yeah not so sure. hate injuries and weve been free of them the whole season, but if we are going to sustain one, hes the guy. even though i am on record as um..... not being a big rozy fan, hate to see him go down with a knee but he has been pretty brittle over his career. i still think we wil be fine.

heres why.

first. this way rozy cant pollute the pp anymore. thats addition by subtraction. our pp will get better without him on the point.

second, he kinda blows. im sorry, mikes been below average for long stretches and recently seems to have slowed down even. not that impressed with him in the dzone either. his play overall has been, well, not good.

third, redden has played well of late under torts who challenged him to be better. he has. he seems to have found his confidence to join the rush and his pp work with morris has been excellent recently.

staal. enough said.

fourth, i think morris has been one of our best dmen for the last 2 weeks and he needs more minutes. we are fortunate that we made that deal for him, as he can step in and play top 4 minutes and, imo, do it better than michelle rozsival can. hes played better than rozy. plain and simple.

i think u match mara or girardi with a kid, say mike sauer whos looked good down in hartford, and we get by with that as our third pair.

lastly, this gives a kid a chance to show up and play. i have confidence that sauer or potter will step up. bobby sangs wont be the guy im sure, he just isnt ready yet. i i like potters game and sauer has been playing well and im a big fan of his as well. if one of them plays well, it will make moving rozy even easier in the summer. this is a huge opportunity for whomever is called up, im excited to see one of them stepup. however....

im more concerned that rozys knee is shot and we lose the chance to make a draft day deal to move him. that would truely suk.

Last edited by offdacrossbar: 03-23-2009 at 06:44 AM.
offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Chris 84

this is why it is a bad idea not to have a 7th D-man

Chris 84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 07:20 AM
Section311
HFBoards Sponsor

This is not good news....hopefully he is alright

Section311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 07:26 AM
LetsGoBlueshirts

Erik Reitz, where are you!?!?!?!?

LetsGoBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 07:29 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
yeah not so sure. hate injuries and weve been free of them the whole season, but if we are going to sustain one, hes the guy. even though i am on record as um..... not being a big rozy fan, hate to see him go down with a knee but he has been pretty brittle over his career. i still think we wil be fine.

heres why.

first. this way rozy cant pollute the pp anymore. thats addition by subtraction. our pp will get better without him on the point.

second, he kinda blows. im sorry, mikes been below average for long stretches and recently seems to have slowed down even. not that impressed with him in the dzone either. his play overall has been, well, not good.

third, redden has played well of late under torts who challenged him to be better. he has. he seems to have found his confidence to join the rush and his pp work with morris has been excellent recently.

staal. enough said.

fourth, i think morris has been one of our best dmen for the last 2 weeks and he needs more minutes. we are fortunate that we made that deal for him, as he can step in and play top 4 minutes and, imo, do it better than michelle rozsival can. hes played better than rozy. plain and simple.

i think u match mara or girardi with a kid, say mike sauer whos looked good down in hartford, and we get by with that as our third pair.

lastly, this gives a kid a chance to show up and play. i have confidence that sauer or potter will step up. bobby sangs wont be the guy im sure, he just isnt ready yet. i i like potters game and sauer has been playing well and im a big fan of his as well. if one of them plays well, it will make moving rozy even easier in the summer. this is a huge opportunity for whomever is called up, im excited to see one of them stepup. however....

im more concerned that rozys knee is shot and we lose the chance to make a draft day deal to move him. that would truely suk.
Potter has regressed this season. Sauer, though he has been great, is still a guy with 0 NHL games under his belt. Say what you want about Rozsival (I'd strongly disagree that he "blows"), but the guy is an NHL-caliber defenseman with a ton of experience. I agree that the defense in general has been playing very well of late, but swapping Rosie for a rook is just not an upgrade in any way, shape or form.

Also, as far as the "addition by subtraction" thing on the PP--who is going to step up? Girardi, with his 1 point in 40 games? Staal, who can't hit the broad side of a barn? Wade Redden, and his whopping 8 points on the PP? Look, maybe the PP does improve, but I wouldn't count on it.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote