HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#71 -- Flyers at Penguins -- March 22, 2009 -- 12:30 PM (ET)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
  #701
BigBanger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I hate when people try to make points but just dont know the facts. Carcillo has 37 PIM since being traded to the flyers and just 2 minor penalties that caused us to be short handed. Yes, thats right, this idiot who you claim takes soo many dumb minors has caused us to be shorthanded for 4 minutes in 9 games. Im not going to get into how many penalties he has drawn since joining the Flyers but I think its fair to say the penalty thing with Carcillo is just bogus and a terrible argument.
He has got 3 minors in 5 games including a misconduct, With limited Icetime! He is invisible when he plays has shown no hands here or all year. This was a bust move and not very smart at end of year when all moves should strengthen team not make it weaker. 9 games @37 mins = 4.1 average per game=Large Stupid for someone who is getting limited play

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:11 PM
  #702
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
I hate when people try to make points but just dont know the facts. Carcillo has 37 PIM since being traded to the flyers and just 2 minor penalties that caused us to be short handed. Yes, thats right, this idiot who you claim takes soo many dumb minors has caused us to be shorthanded for 4 minutes in 9 games. Im not going to get into how many penalties he has drawn since joining the Flyers but I think its fair to say the penalty thing with Carcillo is just bogus and a terrible argument.
You cant disagree though that he really hasnt done anything can you? He even plays with Richards who ussually makes everyone look good...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:15 PM
  #703
Mr Oysterhead
Registered User
 
Mr Oysterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 1,502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmoneyflyguy View Post
Hahaha, that's great, thanks for sharing

Mr Oysterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:16 PM
  #704
BigBanger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
2008-2009 Coyotes 54 3 7 10 -13 174 2 0 0 95 3.2
Minus 13, 3 goals in 54 games 174 Penalty minutes ....Yea these stats Scream Winner now go sit with Bob Clarke

BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:38 PM
  #705
FlyerX
Registered User
 
FlyerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
He has got 3 minors in 5 games including a misconduct, With limited Icetime! He is invisible when he plays has shown no hands here or all year. This was a bust move and not very smart at end of year when all moves should strengthen team not make it weaker. 9 games @37 mins = 4.1 average per game=Large Stupid for someone who is getting limited play
Homer could have brought in a lot of other players for Upshall, but chose Carcillo. I think it all goes back to the west coast trip when Richards was run and fought late in the Chicago game, Gagne got cheaped in the Vancouver game and Giroux got cheaped in the Anaheim game. The Flyers needed more toughness on the ice, Cote just isn't close to good enough to take a regular shift.

As a player, Carcillo looks OK and he does pay attention to defense regardless of his fat minus number this year in PHX.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:21 PM
  #706
Bob Clarke Fan Club
Registered User
 
Bob Clarke Fan Club's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,985
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
Homer could have brought in a lot of other players for Upshall, but chose Carcillo. I think it all goes back to the west coast trip when Richards was run and fought late in the Chicago game, Gagne got cheaped in the Vancouver game and Giroux got cheaped in the Anaheim game. The Flyers needed more toughness on the ice, Cote just isn't close to good enough to take a regular shift.

As a player, Carcillo looks OK and he does pay attention to defense regardless of his fat minus number this year in PHX.


Great post for #11 man. Some people around here believe that you should get a ppg with that 820 000 contract. Toughness was needed and the price was right.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:27 PM
  #707
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
2008-2009 Coyotes 54 3 7 10 -13 174 2 0 0 95 3.2
Minus 13, 3 goals in 54 games 174 Penalty minutes ....Yea these stats Scream Winner now go sit with Bob Clarke
scottie upshall

7 goals - 14 assists - 60+PIM playing good minuteswith some class players like richards and carter. Nothing to scream about.

Have our players recieved any cheapshots since carcillo was brought in? I loved upshall and was really pissed when they traded him. But face facts, Carcillo is there so our top guys don't get roughed up and captain cannon/hair bear has to drop the gloves. I would rather have carcillo for 5 minutes in the box than super Richards who seems to never leave the ice or hartnell who is on pace for 60 points and 30 goals.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:37 PM
  #708
FlyerX
Registered User
 
FlyerX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Great post for #11 man. Some people around here believe that you should get a ppg with that 820 000 contract. Toughness was needed and the price was right.
That's very nice of you to say. Watched and played the game a long time.

FlyerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:50 PM
  #709
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...
 
sa cyred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Traveling...
Country: Cuba
Posts: 15,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
scottie upshall

7 goals - 14 assists - 60+PIM playing good minuteswith some class players like richards and carter. Nothing to scream about.

Have our players recieved any cheapshots since carcillo was brought in? I loved upshall and was really pissed when they traded him. But face facts, Carcillo is there so our top guys don't get roughed up and captain cannon/hair bear has to drop the gloves. I would rather have carcillo for 5 minutes in the box than super Richards who seems to never leave the ice or hartnell who is on pace for 60 points and 30 goals.
He played with Powe and Giroux most of the time. Last year he played with Carter and put up 30 points, 7 in the playoffs.

What would you rather have:

Carcillo-Richards-Lupul
or
Upshall-Richards-Lupul

I know we would be in salary cap hell... more then we are at the moment, but I choose the second lineup.

Carcillo came to agitate.. being honest, I havent seen much of that out of him either...

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 04:12 PM
  #710
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philly Area
Posts: 4,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
He has got 3 minors in 5 games including a misconduct, With limited Icetime! He is invisible when he plays has shown no hands here or all year. This was a bust move and not very smart at end of year when all moves should strengthen team not make it weaker. 9 games @37 mins = 4.1 average per game=Large Stupid for someone who is getting limited play
Look at numbers all you want but they just dont tell the whole story. I dont care how many penalties he takes as long as he isnt making the team short handed in the end. Hes out there to cause trouble and thats what hes doing. You keep making the point of how many dumb penalties he takes, well he has taken 2 minor penalties that have lead to powerplays and both of them were in the first period of games. He starts trouble early and 2 powerplays is nothing for an instigator.

He also allows guys like Hartnell to play hockey and stay out of the box because he doesnt have to worry about being a tough guy and instigating. 7 out of the past 8 games hartnell has had 0 PIM, and just 6 PIM since carcillo has joined the Flyers(9 games). to compare to before Carcillo came, hartnell had 27 PIM the 9 games before carcillo and has Penalties in 6 of 8 games before him. Carcillo allows guys like Hartnell and richards to focus on the game and stay on the ice where they are valuable instead of the box.

Your also not looking at the fact that they had to clear space to allow giroux to play. If upshall was still here, giroux would likely be in the minors, they said from the day of the trade that they needed to make room so that guys like giroux and a defensive call up(if a regular gets hurt) could fit into the roster.

Upshall was a fan favorite yes, but was he that good of a hockey player? You act like carcill cant play hockey and sucks so bad but upshall was some kind of point producing forward, which he clearly wasnt.

Upshall to compare the two has 16 PIM since joining phoenix resulting in 5 powerplays for the other team and 3 powerplay goals against for his penalties. If you want to make the point that Carcillo takes too many dumb penalties the fact that carcillo has made us short twice resulting in 0 goals against compared to Upshalls 5 penalties that made his team short and 3 goals against kind of kills the point.

Also, we werent signing upshall next year, now we have someone signed cheap through next year, more cap relief not just for this year but for next as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You cant disagree though that he really hasnt done anything can you? He even plays with Richards who ussually makes everyone look good...
No, I dont disagree at all. He hasnt lit up the scoreboard but I dont think anyone really expected him to. Hes allowed some of the other guys like richards and hartnell focus on the game rather that trying to still things up. Hartnell is way too valuable to be getting involved in every scrum and taking penalties that keep him off the ice, carcillo allows him to play while keeping the edge on the team. I dont think hes played great since coming here but at the same time its only been 9 games.


Last edited by Juicy Couturier*: 03-23-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 04:22 PM
  #711
LEIFey
Context Matters!
 
LEIFey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 7,318
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm not sure I buy that optimism based on the first few games. Hartnell started off slow scoring, but he was great everywhere else on the ice despite that. Carcillo...I haven't seen much. He also clearly brought a not so great rep with him based on the fact that he got hit with a "dive" on that play yesterday.
i'm not really optimistic, just projecting what i'm expecting/hoping from him. i didn't know about that dive, and i'll have to reassess appropriately

i am glad to hear that he hasn't been adding fuel to the fire that "flyers are goons." from what i've heard/seen, he's been pretty good in terms of penalties, but i'll admit i haven't seen all that much.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:45 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.