General Sports Other sports without their own forum, and general sports talk

Week 1 FF Advice...

Closed Thread

Old
09-05-2004, 12:18 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Week 1 FF Advice...

I have a decision on my hands at my QB position in one of my FF leagues. I've got a couple of young guys and I need some help deciding who to start in Week 1:

Joey Harrington or Byron Leftwich?

Now I am leaning towards Harrington because he plays in Chicago while Leftwich is in Buffalo. I am expecting that at least one of these guys is going to have a big year and put up some nice numbers. Detroits offense has a little more firepower with Rogers, Williams and Jones. While the Jags, as long as Taylor is heathly, have a decent O. I've got Harrington in there right now but I'm still not sure...

Old
09-05-2004, 12:37 AM
chris_dub
Avoid Catalina...

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to chris_dub
Go with Harrington.

He'll have Rogers & Williams to go to. I wouldn't start Leftwich until you see how he does this season. I drafted Leftwich this season, but have since dropped him for Delhomme, and then for B. Johnson. I just don't know if Leftwich will be able to put up good fantasy numbers this season.

Old
09-05-2004, 07:58 AM
JCD

vCash: 500
Leftwich has as much to work with as Harrington. I would take Taylor, Williams and Smith over Jones, Rogers and Williams any day. Harrington does have Streets and Hakim for depth though.

I don't think either option is that good. If pressed, I would go with Harrington. Chicago is still coming together as a team and has the weaker secondary.

Old
09-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Leftwich has as much to work with as Harrington. I would take Taylor, Williams and Smith over Jones, Rogers and Williams any day. Harrington does have Streets and Hakim for depth though.

I don't think either option is that good. If pressed, I would go with Harrington. Chicago is still coming together as a team and has the weaker secondary.
I know neither is a great option but they are the only two QB's I have. But ya I think Harrington is the way to go in Week 1 but I could see Leftwich really starting to pull it together as the season goes on.

Closed Thread