HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Don't look now, but Dan Fritsche has started to play like an actual hockey player

Old
03-10-2009, 12:50 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

vCash: 500
Don't look now, but Dan Fritsche has started to play like an actual hockey player

Don't get me wrong, 5 points in his last 10 games certainly aren't going to turn around the Wild's fortunes, but they definitely don't hurt. He certainly looked like he had some two-way potential when he was with the Jackets, but that ability has been noticeably absent this season - he was always either a healthy scratch or invisible on teh ice.

It's nice to see him finally getting some ice time and doing something constructive with it. Is it a fluke, or are there signs of a maturing process going on? Inquiring minds want to know.

Ohio Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Keetz

How many games have you seen him play with the Wild? He's been great. Slow start but his season just started really. I think he fits in really well here. I was surprised by the move to get him, and was pleasantly surprised to see his first game after the press had said he had not skated a game for a month or two. He was quick and tenacious. He fell into a forward deep franchise and needed the right fit. Not sure of his contract status after the season but I would say he's a Keeper!

Keetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 01:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5700
He's always been an actual hockey player. He just couldn't get on the ice. He's a decent bottom 6 forward, but for him to be almost worthless for the Rangers, well, there's a reason they're the Rangers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keetz View Post
How many games have you seen him play with the Wild? He's been great. Slow start but his season just started really. I think he fits in really well here. I was surprised by the move to get him, and was pleasantly surprised to see his first game after the press had said he had not skated a game for a month or two. He was quick and tenacious. He fell into a forward deep franchise and needed the right fit. Not sure of his contract status after the season but I would say he's a Keeper!
He is an arbitration-eligible RFA this summer.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2009, 02:36 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
I think you can attribute his slow start with the Wild to the lack of playing time that he had with the Rangers. He probally lost some confidence there ... Nice assist last game on Schulzies game winner.

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:48 AM
wereback

[QUOTE=go kim johnsson 514;18627319]He's always been an actual hockey player. He just couldn't get on the ice. He's a decent bottom 6 forward, but for him to be almost worthless for the Rangers, well, there's a reason they're the Rangers...

Oh, you mean the Rangers team thats made the playoffs 3 years in a row since the lock out and hopefully soon to be a 4th. That team.....yea...

wereback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 06:56 PM
BlueShirts702

vCash: 1168
[QUOTE=wereback;18686540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
He's always been an actual hockey player. He just couldn't get on the ice. He's a decent bottom 6 forward, but for him to be almost worthless for the Rangers, well, there's a reason they're the Rangers...

Oh, you mean the Rangers team thats made the playoffs 3 years in a row since the lock out and hopefully soon to be a 4th. That team.....yea...
Stop it man. The Flyers are the epitome of what success looks like in Sports!

I think Dan is a good hockey player and I hope that he finds a home in Minnesota.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote