HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Subban

Old
03-23-2009, 12:12 PM
gillyguzzler

vCash: 500
Subban

On a positive note, I watched PK again yesterday and he is a treat to watch. He must have played 35 minutes in a 3-1 playoff win. He is tremendous and extremely mobile in the O zone. On the PP, he positions himself so well for offensive opportunities. He really likes to carry the puck, but sometimes he makes a move too many instead of making a proper pass. Defensively, he is now very good because of his anticipation and his one on one skills. I don't think he was beaten once in open ice. His skating abilities are off the map. Along the boards, he's not bad. He was hit hard once and he didn't like it. He seemed to lose focus a bit after that and wasn't as arrogant. The comments from fans all around us were stuff like "Get that cocky SOB", "Somebody's got to put him on his ass" but also "man, it'd be great if he was on our team". It also looked like he never shut up on the ice, almost like a cheerleader. His enthusiasm would sure be welcomed in Montreal.

I remember watching this guy when he first arrived in the O and wow has he ever improved. If we ever proper coaching, especially for Ds, this guys will be manning our blue line very very soon.

gillyguzzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:16 PM
HotHabsFan*

Not a chance he will be playing in TB next year, Brooks said so !

HotHabsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:00 PM
giovannicanella

Quote:
LOL.

I still dream of the day that TBL Finances force to trade Vinny to Lecavalier for peanuts! After all I have seen and read of PK, I WOULD be Greatly saddened to lose a prospect of his caliber.

giovannicanella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:27 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHabsFan View Post
Do you have a link for that? As much as we need Lecavalier, it would suck bad to see Subban go, i'm ready to let go of both Mcdonagh and Weber before Subban...

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:11 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Do you have a link for that? As much as we need Lecavalier, it would suck bad to see Subban go, i'm ready to let go of both Mcdonagh and Weber before Subban...
There is no mention of Subban going for Vinny in Brooks' article :

http://www.nypost.com/seven/03222009...710.htm?page=0

I can't wait to see Subban in the NHL but I wonder if the Habs will let him be himself. Yes he has to get better physically but I hope they don't try to take away from his offensive creativity. He stickhandles like Kovy but he skates like Marty St-Louis.

Old
03-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Mr. Hab

I can't ^&*$%^&* wait for Subban to wear the CH jersey!!! (I'm too excited about that image!!).

IF only we had more players/prospects who want to bleed the Bleu, Blanc, Rouge!!

There is no way as a GM/owner that I'd come even close to the idea of trading PK.
Trade PK? No way!!

We need more PK SUBBANS on this team (this is my only concern, but one thing at a time!).

1 year in Hamilton (2009-2010).
2010...in a HABS jersey (but who knows? maybe we'll see in in a HABS jersey next season after half a season with the Bulldogs? only if he isn't rushed I say).

As excited as I am I wouldn't rush PK.

We already have Timmins/Gainey to thank for for getting him in 2nd Round.
I'm still surprised he didn't go in 1st Round (*phew!!*) 'cause he was certainly a 1st Round pick.

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Habruti!

Would he realy need to spend a year in Hamilton ..? There are few examples of guys that went directly from juniors .

From memory:
Vlasic, Bogossian, Letang: Would PK fit in that category? If paired with a guy like Hamerlik.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 09:28 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
Would he realy need to spend a year in Hamilton ..? There are few examples of guys that went directly from juniors .

From memory:
Vlasic, Bogossian, Letang: Would PK fit in that category? If paired with a guy like Hamerlik.
Yes I would think he needs at least a year. He has to learn the pro game.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Pretty sure belleville won tonight and they took a 3-1 stranglehold on the series. Go pk!

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 10:54 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Pretty sure belleville won tonight and they took a 3-1 stranglehold on the series. Go pk!
yep. 2 to 1 tonite. Tight games

Belleville has killed 24 of 27 penalties in 4 games

4 assists for PK so far

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
yep. 2 to 1 tonite. Tight games

Belleville has killed 24 of 27 penalties in 4 games

4 assists for PK so far
ppg pace in the playoffs, that's great. Although i have no idea how that compares to his normal pace, still can't be a bad thing.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
ppg pace in the playoffs, that's great. Although i have no idea how that compares to his normal pace, still can't be a bad thing.
this year

56gp 14g 62a 76pts

Also to those who say that PK is overrated AND that he can't play defense...

OHL Coaches would like to disagree

The OHL Coaches Poll provides team coaches with the opportunity to recognize players in several skill categories within their own conference.

P.K. Subban was recognized in four categories including winning the 'Hardest Shot' and 'Best Offensive Defenceman' while finishing second in 'Best Playmaker' and 'Best Defensive Defenceman.'

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3794308

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 08:35 AM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Clutch View Post
this year

56gp 14g 62a 76pts

Also to those who say that PK is overrated AND that he can't play defense...

OHL Coaches would like to disagree

The OHL Coaches Poll provides team coaches with the opportunity to recognize players in several skill categories within their own conference.

P.K. Subban was recognized in four categories including winning the 'Hardest Shot' and 'Best Offensive Defenceman' while finishing second in 'Best Playmaker' and 'Best Defensive Defenceman.'

http://www.oursportscentral.com/serv...es/?id=3794308
He plays every PP and SH situation. That sure wasn't the case two years ago but he started getting a few more SH shifts last year and is now a dominant force because of his quickness and his anticipation.

Old
03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
FrankMTL

Look at the smile on that kid's face. It's infectious. That sort of passion gets passed through everybody playing with him on the ice as well. We need more players like him on the ice. It seems he's got the same type of attitude as Ovechkin, and its always good to have that passion for the game.

FrankMTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 09:24 AM
otto bond

I'm with you guys. To me PK is simply to interesting of a prospect to consider trading him. One thing is for sure, he is getting attention and interest from other team's fans. That can only mean one thing, he is impressive so let keep him for now.
My favorite things about PK would be is passion, attitude and his desire. Top that with is talent and it become a very good recipe for a very good player. Lets keep him

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote