HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3 - 22 - 09 Avs vs. Sharks 6 PM MT

Old
03-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
TG said Svatos had a knee injury. Avs players dropping like flies.
I didn't even notice that he wasn't playing. Maybe they should just shut guys like Stastny, Foote, and Svatos down. Why risk a more serious injury when the team isnt going anywhere this year.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Bill Peckerskull
Farging Ice Holes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I didn't even notice that he wasn't playing. Maybe they should just shut guys like Stastny, Foote, and Svatos down. Why risk a more serious injury when the team isnt going anywhere this year.
Perhaps they already are?

Bill Peckerskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Stories
Hockey scientist

We should just become the Colorado Monsters

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:29 AM
shadow1

Quote:
Neither did I. How sad is that? He's supposed to be one of our best players!

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 12:40 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
The Post is saying Svatos has a head injury. I could have sworn Granato said knee, but perhaps I misunderstood, there was some background noise:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_11972539

Old
03-23-2009, 01:23 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

So Foote, Stewart, and Svatos are all out with head injuries? What does that even mean? Concussion? What exactly is the matter with them?

Old
03-23-2009, 01:27 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by boz View Post
thank god there's only 9 games left!
Yea, I'm really just looking forward to the draft right now. I've been following everything every step of the way, but man, let's kill this puppy already. It hurts good.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:29 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
So Foote, Stewart, and Svatos are all out with head injuries? What does that even mean? Concussion? What exactly is the matter with them?
It means that they've got all offseason to recover & should be ready for golf in a few weeks.

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:50 AM
PeterTheGreat

It seems like TG put those names in a blender to come up with the lines.

Holy crap, the only line that had any sort of semblence that they were put together for a purpose was the fourth line with McCormick, Guite and Lappy.

The rest were all cluster*****

PeterTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:28 AM
Ryan Classic

Weird thing at tonight's game: during the warmup, Budaj did shooting drills. He had people pass him the puck, he coddled it, then fired back.

Then Raycroft plays the game, and never once realizes that on a power play you can actually pass to someone and not just tee it up.

Every single time Raycroft did this, you could see Budaj sigh from his little spot in the corner, and then watch him look off into the distance. Sad performance. The shot count was generous.

Ryan Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 03:47 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuganet View Post
Weird thing at tonight's game: during the warmup, Budaj did shooting drills. He had people pass him the puck, he coddled it, then fired back.

Then Raycroft plays the game, and never once realizes that on a power play you can actually pass to someone and not just tee it up.

Every single time Raycroft did this, you could see Budaj sigh from his little spot in the corner, and then watch him look off into the distance. Sad performance. The shot count was generous.
Maybe he just realized that Raycroft is better? Then he started to remember allowing 8 goals to the ****** Oilers

Old
03-23-2009, 06:58 AM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyuganet View Post

Budaj should never sigh or criticize anyone over stick handling...the guy is awful with the stick....and the 5-hole...and...well Budaj is just as good as Raycroft, and that's not exactly a compliment

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 07:58 AM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jori View Post
The Post is saying Svatos has a head injury. I could have sworn Granato said knee,
It's entirely plausible that our beloved coach doesn't know the difference between the two...

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:00 AM
ABasin
Asset management

Quote:
Perhaps there's only so much of Granato's coaching that their brains could take...

-AB

ABasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
It's entirely plausible that our beloved coach doesn't know the difference between the two...

-AB
It would explain why Stastny was out with a hole in the ground injury.

Hasbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 01:51 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
If Svatos "left the game" early, he had to go through the door in the corner of the rink, right?

How was it that McNabb and Haynes didn't catch that and relay on the info that he was hurt?

I mean, they have to open the door in the corner of the rink and let him out....it's not like he can slink down a hallway behind the bench in San Jose...

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
If Svatos "left the game" early, he had to go through the door in the corner of the rink, right?

How was it that McNabb and Haynes didn't catch that and relay on the info that he was hurt?

I mean, they have to open the door in the corner of the rink and let him out....it's not like he can slink down a hallway behind the bench in San Jose...
With how bad the Avs are and how painful it is to watch their games they are probably hitting the bottle like the announcers in Major League.

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2009, 06:29 PM
Ryan Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan View Post
Budaj should never sigh or criticize anyone over stick handling...the guy is awful with the stick....and the 5-hole...and...well Budaj is just as good as Raycroft, and that's not exactly a compliment
Not sure he criticized. He mostly just sat there and sighed. But that could be because of the rest of the team as well. Point is, in warmup he at least tried. Actually had a nice wrist shot. Raycroft seemed scared to pass the puck to the circle with three guys back and nobody coming towards him.

Also, Laperriere made a better save than Raycroft made all night. Kudos.

Ryan Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:16 AM
chiavsfan

Actually I thought Raycroft played a decent game, and made quite a few nice saves. Raycroft isn't exactly a world beater...but Budaj should never sigh. He has had his chances, and has blown them all.

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2009, 07:56 AM
Draft Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post

he had a shift at the end of the 2nd period and nothing after that, so it looks like he just didn't come out after 2nd intermission

http://inthecheapseats.com/reports/2008/0802g1084.html

Draft Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2009, 04:53 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
he had a shift at the end of the 2nd period and nothing after that, so it looks like he just didn't come out after 2nd intermission

http://inthecheapseats.com/reports/2008/0802g1084.html
Thanks DD...You'd still think that would be something the in-house broadcast team would mention though. But hell...I was drinking pretty heavily too when I watched it in DVR. Maybe I just missed them slurring something about a new opportunity opening up for another player.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote